• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

blessings,

just want to say that we do need to be lead by the Holy Spirit even when witnessing. rg you said show me an example from scripture were people were prevented from witnessing by the Holy Spirit. i think brother that in your zeal ( maybe evangilism is your gift :thumbsup: which is terrific :thumbsup: but may not be other people's gift ) that paul himself had this happen.

Acts 16:6:

6Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

did that mean the gospel was not to be preached in Asia? no it meant not by paul at that time. hope that clarifies things a bit for everyone.

edited to add. i do believe stacy is being called to witness to these JW and i am glad that you are getting sound advice from rg and others as well. we will keep you in prayer for sure!

love you all!

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I think the point is that we are all called to represent Christ, but not always called to preach the gospel. Sometimes the gospel is just simply "I believe in Jesus Christ and love Him with all my heart and soul," and leave it at that.

I agree, saying you believe in Jesus Christ and love Him with all the heart and soul IS WITNESSING for Christ and is sufficient. They can accept it, ask questions about it or reject it. Jesus said, YE SHALL BE WITNESSES OF ME, don't remember where it is in the bible.

I once heard a very annointed young minister preaching once. In the course of his sermon he said that he had some JWs come to his door and they wanted to talk about Jehovah. He answered and said, but I want to talk about the SON of Jehovah. They refused to enter into the discussion and left. Frankly, I believe that the true spirit of God convictd those people and should they die in their sins they will go to the hell they don't believe in. My uncle was a JW, I said, look uncle, one of us is wrong. You do not believe in eternal punishment and I do. If you're right then I don't have to worry, when I die I won't know anything. But if I am right, you have plenty to worry about.

But you know, God loves all these JWs and longs for them to know him through his Son. We should pray for them and let them know it.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

i am wondering if someone who knows the J.W beleifs could reply to this post filling me in on what it is they actually beleive