• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Oh I forgot to add. One of things about God's blessing, When we obey we get Gods blessings. So lying is a no no :) I heard in bible, but haven't read it yet, but did God kill two people in bible for one lie. Correct me if I'm wrong ok

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if this is the way to do things or not, but I've always (since way back in the day when I had 3 jobs to support 2 kids)... prayed for ... Enough. Just enough. I ask the Lord everyday for enough - strength, stamina, grace, money to do what has to be done... enough. Well - this has, believe it or not, worked.... we've been blessed with what we needed when we needed it.... I don't sweat it out anymore... He does hear me and I know He gives us - enough. I may have a .02 balance in my checking account the night before payday - but.... it's enough. We are blessed!!!!!!!!!! :)

That's awesome, Believer.

I know that right now, some of my needs are not being completely met, but you know what, God is good, and I know that something is becoming of this.

I do have faith in the Lord, everyone -- please don't get me wrong -- It's just that when I'm talking to a non-believer, and I say "God provides for all my needs," I just feel like I'm not being entirely truthful. The thing is, whgat I'm going through right now -- I know that this isn't permanent, and that the Lord is trying to teach me something....but the thing is, for those who are not saved, they don't really comprehend this.

So, then, am I safe to assume that God is providing for my needs, and I don't need to feel hypocritical telling others this, even though sometimes I have trouble putting food on the table?

Oh I forgot to add. One of things about God's blessing, When we obey we get Gods blessings. So lying is a no no :) I heard in bible, but haven't read it yet, but did God kill two people in bible for one lie. Correct me if I'm wrong ok

ok start posting so I know if right, and I can get verses. :)

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

No...You're not wrong. You're referring to the account of Annanias and Saphirra, in the book of Acts. They sold a piece of property, and told everyone that they gave all of the money to God, when in actuality, they held some back for themselves.

No...You're not wrong. You're referring to the account of Annanias and Saphirra, in the book of Acts. They sold a piece of property, and told everyone that they gave all of the money to God, when in actuality, they held some back for themselves.

Ok now we know how serious God takes lying, no matter what. I'm hogging up this topic. :) I'm sorry must be the caffine, I'll move on so other people can get in.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Hey, you guys, I'm curious...have any of you ever lied in order to make God look good, or not blown your witness?

Here's the deal....for the past 3 years, since I have been walking with God, I have had a lot of financial troubles, and it seems like they have increased rather than decreased. There have been plenty of times (more than I can count) where I have gone days without eating because I just didn't have the $$$ for food. I would ask, literally beg, God to provide for me, so that I can eat, but most of the time, I still go hungry.

I am not complaining...I know that there must be a reason for this, and I have never really starved to death. But here's the deal. I have talked to people about my faith, and sometimes, God's provision comes up. I find myself telling people that God has provided for all of my needs, when in actuality, He really has not. The thing is, I don't want people to know that I have gone hungry many times, and that financially, things just seem to be completely chaotic, because I don't want to make people think that God is unloving. I don;t want to lie about my situation, but I also don't want to make God look bad, either.

I want to be a good witness for Him, but I also feel like I'm sort of being untruthful in order to protect Him. I'm just afraid if I tell someone that they need to trust God, then turn around and tell them that He is not providing for my needs, I will look like a complete fool, so I usually just say "God has always provided for my needs," which is not really true.

So, then, what am I to do? Should I just avoid the issue altogether about trusting God? I know I am sinning by lying, but I'm afraid if I'm truthful, that I'll turn people off to the Lord.

Maybe I am being truthful, but just not seeing it....maybe the fact that I have not starved to death means that He is providing for me, but it doesn't feel like it. There have been days when I've struggled to make it through the work day, because I have no fuel to feed off of. I really don't know what God's up to, but I can't help but believe that I have a blessing ahead...but in the meantime, when I am talking about faith, what should I do?! How should I approach it in order to be truthful while putting God in the best possible light?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

I am not sure if you have asked the church for help or the food bank. If you have not, then maybe God is trying to tell you that you cannot do everything yourself with no help and to not have so much pride. Trust in the lord. Maybe you are going through hard times because you are not being truthful. Maybe you should try to rethink what you really need. If your friends found out that you have lied, they might question that. Everybody need help sometimes. As we all know, sometimes God send help in the way of other people. Trust in God....God would not want you to lie for him. Maybe you can eventually tell you friends how God sent others to help you in your time of need. God can protect himself. Maybe, just maybe, those times are for fasting. Please ask for help if you need it. Do you help others when you can? Maybe it is time for someone to help you. :) Much Love--Brothaman

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I know you weren't going for a hand out, I just thought I would be hypocritical if I did not offer.

As for the mind set of non believers I know it is hard to break through to them at times. There are many people at my work who seem all on board for Jesus until we get to the part about the ten commandments and not fornicating outside of marriage.

I think the best way to explain it, or show it by our actions, is to not let our circumstances bother us. When non believers see us coming through hard times with a smile on our face they (hopefully) start to wonder why things never bother us. I've had a couple people ask me why I don't get as upset as I used to or let my bad days get to me like I once did. My only reply is that any day I walk with the Lord is a good day.

It can be hard to keep the positive attitude, sometimes I just want to scream at the people I work with, but IMO thats one of the big signs of faith in Jesus (not the only sign, nor a sign we should use to judge others) but it is a visible tangable sign that non beleivers can see. Either they will say 'their crazy' or 'I want what they have'

There is a quote, who said I do not remeber, but it goes like this

'Preach the Gospel always, when neccasary, use words.'

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Lying to make God look good

--------------means has no faith to G-D,anythings happens,even it seems not so good in this monent,but remember G-D is in control,he make everything work together for his good purpose,even we can not understand,remember G-D told ABLH to kill his son?

IT IS SATAN NEED HIS FOLLOWER LYING TO MAKE HE LOOK GOOD

Edited by silviawang