socrates4jesus

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Socrates... to begin with - there is NO disagreement. I said you may be taking things too literally (not liberal). and the Scripture you quote says it is impossible for God to lie. Where do you read that it's possible for God to lie? I am confused.

Sorry, i was just using this as an example. Please see my post following that one.

Edited by socrates4jesus

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/27/1985

I'm glad you brought this up. I've always thought that they did that just to symbolize that the bread was the flesh of Christ and that wine was the blood.

It's interesting to see other peoples takes on this ritual. I honestly don't know that much about Catholism (even though my dad was a Catholic, he never really talked about it.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

LOL ... at that very moment that yo are typing, yes, you are a typist. I believe that you are thinking too hard to understand something very simple.

LOL! Perhaps you are right! :laugh: Still, i don't think it is an entirely a bad thing to try to understand what the truth is about who Jesus really is, do you?

With this goal in mind, what i think you are saying is that Jesus is what Jesus says and does. In other words, He's no hypocrite. What is more, we can never accuse Him of saying, "Do what i say, not what i do," for His actions and His words never contradict one another. And what He tells you or i to do, He never fails to do Himself.

Is this what you mean, Light?

In a nutshell, yes.

Does this apply to everything i should say and do, or just to some things? I mean, should i always follow His example?

Yes. Do we? No, for we are not perfect.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Socrates... to begin with - there is NO disagreement. I said you may be taking things too literally (not liberal). and the Scripture you quote says it is impossible for God to lie. Where do you read that it's possible for God to lie? I am confused.

Sorry, i was just using this as an example. Please see my post following that one.

I think you should get into a good Bible study and maybe use a concordance and a New International Bible (a bit easier than the KJV). The Scripture I quote about the sacrament of Communion is to my understanding and I've only been a Christian for 34 years, so I may have missed something... but...

Jesus was preparing His Disciples for his impending 'departure' and giving them as an example the Bread being the "Bread of Life" (Jesus is Life) and the Wine as His Blood (the Sacrifice of God's Son). Do break bread and offer these things in 'remembrance of Him'.

Luke 22:18-20 (New International Version)

18For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

19And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

20In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

1 Corinthians 11:24-26 (New International Version)

24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

Reading the whole chapters of Luke 22 and 1 Corinthians 11 may give you a better understanding of the context in which Jesus was speaking.

I'm glad you brought this up. I've always thought that they did that just to symbolize that the bread was the flesh of Christ and that wine was the blood.

It's interesting to see other peoples takes on this ritual. I honestly don't know that much about Catholism (even though my dad was a Catholic, he never really talked about it.)

Lesta:

A good place to go to ask questions about Catholicism is

*Edit Links*

However, i'd encourage you to test what you learn there to see whether it is true.

That's why i'm here, to see if what i've learned is true or not.

:laugh:

You say that the Catholic Church is telling you that if you do not believe that the bread and wine are actually the body and blood of Christ that you are sinning. Tell me, where does scripture tell us of this sin? Why would Jesus say "in remembrance of Me" if it were Him? And, would Jesus not tell us that it is in fact His body and His blood, so threat it as such?

The issue here is that someone at some time read these words and decided to forget about what Luke said and went only with what Matthew and Mark said, when they said

But, when you and i read

From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

(Matthew 4)

does this mean that Jesus Himself needed to repent of some sin?

hey socrates what part of indiana are u from? anywhere near amity or franklin-my grandparents had a farm there just wondering.

lv yr sis in christ

manie

Fort Wayne

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

But, when you and i read

From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

(Matthew 4)

Jesus NEVER committed any sin - He was the Lamb of God - Without sin of any type. He was telling those He was preaching to that they must Repent.

But, when you and i read

(Matthew 4)

No, Jesus was perfect in every way. Jesus is the spotless Lamb given for sacrifice. Jesus is also part of the Godhead, or Trinity, being the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.