tigger398

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I was hearing something that muslims religion is the most popular religion, that there is more muslim then catholic and all religion, and that there is more muslims in usa then catholic. Is that true, if so thats scary. :rolleyes:

No, tigger, that is NOT true. Muslims are only 0.5% of the population and, God willing, their numbers will remain that low (or decrease) in the years to come. They are too few to make a voting bloc in this country. Here is a breakdown of the U.S. by religion. Islam is not a real religion but, for some reason, they are included anyway. See here:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_prac2.htm

Hey glory

what do you mean by Islam not being a real religion?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The other thing that we have to realize and watch is that Islam is promoted by Middle East governments within the United States and Europe, primarily Saudi Arabia. It is swept under the rug but the government of Saudi funds Islamic efforts in the United States and also funds mosques in the US. To me this is disturbing especially given the fact that Christianity in the Kingdom of Saudi is effectively illegal. A Muslim who converts to Christianity who lives in Saudi has committed a crime and is under penalty of death.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/08/1969

To man:

Why do you think I'm a postman?

Have you got a one track mind?

Do you really have the one answer to everything?

And I think you should learn the difference between going off-topic, and not working from the same assumptions as the OP? Very different concepts.

I find this a very bizarre line of questioning which is probably best to ignore in all honesty.

Edited by martin frobisher

The other thing that we have to realize and watch is that Islam is promoted by Middle East governments within the United States and Europe, primarily Saudi Arabia. It is swept under the rug but the government of Saudi funds Islamic efforts in the United States and also funds mosques in the US. To me this is disturbing especially given the fact that Christianity in the Kingdom of Saudi is effectively illegal. A Muslim who converts to Christianity who lives in Saudi has committed a crime and is under penalty of death.

Yes, exactly - Islam is against freedom, but is happy to use the freedom of the Western world. Many Muslims even in the UK support the death penalty for apostasy, and converts are often afraid of reprisals.

I find this a very bizarre line of questioning which is probably best to ignore in all honesty.

Works for me. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's the fastest anyone has managed to irritate me so intensely. Take pride in a job well done. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Islam is not a real religion but, for some reason, they are included anyway
On what basis are you making such a statement, MG? I've just gone and checked the dictionary definitions of "religion" and every single one of them can be applied to religion in some form or other. However you bend it, Islam is a religion - you may not like it or agree with it, but it is still a religion by definition.

Wow; I wrote that post two months ago! At first, I didn't know why you were even asking me such a question! But, now that I've refreshed my memory, islam is a cult. Yes. On what grounds do I say this? They keep adherents by threat of death, they worship a false god, they preach from a false 'Holy Book', they promise sexual favors to the 'faithful' (to the men, anyway), they set up a system of laws and demand complete submission and they teach that all who don't believe are evil and should be killed. Islam is not just a cult; it's the devil's very OWN cult.

I was hearing something that muslims religion is the most popular religion, that there is more muslim then catholic and all religion, and that there is more muslims in usa then catholic. Is that true, if so thats scary. :noidea:

No, tigger, that is NOT true. Muslims are only 0.5% of the population and, God willing, their numbers will remain that low (or decrease) in the years to come. They are too few to make a voting bloc in this country. Here is a breakdown of the U.S. by religion. Islam is not a real religion but, for some reason, they are included anyway. See here:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_prac2.htm

Hey glory

what do you mean by Islam not being a real religion?

See my post to P.A. in this thread.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

On what basis are you making such a statement, MG? I've just gone and checked the dictionary definitions of "religion" and every single one of them can be applied to religion in some form or other. However you bend it, Islam is a religion - you may not like it or agree with it, but it is still a religion by definition.

Wow; I wrote that post two months ago! At first, I didn't know why you were even asking me such a question! But, now that I've refreshed my memory, islam is a cult. Yes. On what grounds do I say this? They keep adherents by threat of death, they worship a false god, they preach from a false 'Holy Book', they promise sexual favors to the 'faithful' (to the men, anyway), they set up a system of laws and demand complete submission and they teach that all who don't believe are evil and should be killed. Islam is not just a cult; it's the devil's very OWN cult.

:noidea: I agree with Glory, WOW I thought this thread was long gone lol :noidea:

:noidea: I agree with Glory, WOW I thought this thread was long gone lol :noidea:

Me too! Talk about rising from the dead.... :noidea: