• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That is fascinating!

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Though I'm not in agreement that the Lord accomplished this through evolution....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

That is fascinating!

Thanks for sharing. :laugh:

Though I'm not in agreement that the Lord accomplished this through evolution....

:laugh:

Whenever I feel bored with the world, I try and remember all the amazing overlooked stuff that happens right under our noses, or in this case, inside us. Every breath is a miracle, really.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Every cell is a miracle. That's why I can't believe in evolution.

Guest shiloh357
That is fascinating!

Thanks for sharing. :laugh:

:laugh:

Whenever I feel bored with the world, I try and remember all the amazing overlooked stuff that happens right under our noses, or in this case, inside us. Every breath is a miracle, really.

I can't be a miracle if it is the product of evolution. Miracles are supernatural. Evolution is purely natural. It's either God or it's evolution. The two are mutually exclusive. You can't have both.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

That is fascinating!

Thanks for sharing. :emot-hug:

:emot-nod:

I can't be a miracle if it is the product of evolution. Miracles are supernatural. Evolution is purely natural. It's either God or it's evolution. The two are mutually exclusive. You can't have both.

The more I watch stuff like this, which is facinating by the way, the more I understand the power of the awesome God we serve. If the evolutionists think that all this was possible in such a short period of time, mores the pity. The basics of evolutionary theory cannot come close to explaining the way out of the fact that these thousands upon thousands of "happy coincidences" that we discover as science progresses "evolved" over time. It is just a flat out impossibility, and the old quote that for evolution to have occurred as fast as those who expound on it's theory say it did, equates to a tornado going through a junk yard and a Boeing 747 jet emerging from the other side, becomes more pertinant!

Bacteria first had to emerge from the primeval "soup", deposited by a universe that we still don't understand, and until the early 1940's thought existed only of our tiny corner of space, the Milky Way. They then had to learn to reproduce by dividing, they then had to find each other by "talking" through a chemical message, they then had to find a way to act in concert, and then they had to find a way to "talk" to other bacteria they shared the same space with? Some of them, as one example, had to find a small squid of the Hawaiian coastline (which also had "evolved") as thier host. They had to make themseves useful by deciding that this squid needs us, but we need to bioluminece if it will use us. The squid then had to evolve a system of using the bacteria to assist in hunting, and a way to get rid of dead bacteria every day, so that new ones could start "talking to each other".

Holy Father thank you for Your creation, and thank You that You gave us the ability to learn, and search and seek, and thank You that this ability You gave us allows us to learn more about Your awesome creation every day.

While I have no problem beliving the facinating science behind this discovery, as shown in the video clip, I can only also only believe that what we have been shown is the awesome creation that only our God could have created.

Edited by Fez

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Fasinating! Way to complex for "random". The most complex things we create as humans pale in comparrison to what God has created. No way is any of this a product of evolution. Complex desgin requires a designer. It requires thought and that didn't happen by chance.

Thanks for sharing!

Things like this prove creation, not evolution, all the more!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Things like this prove creation, not evolution, all the more!

You know why bacteria like Staph are so hard to kill?

Because they evolve.

A small colony of bacteria may contain trillions of cells. Each cell is a separate organism with a single genome composed of RNA, a chemical molecule that encodes genetic information. Typically, each bacterium is a clone of its parent. As such, the genome between parent and child is the same. However, the genome can be changed by external, as well as internal, factors. UV radiation from the sun can knock around the atoms in RNA, changing it. Since the RNA encodes information, this chemical change results in an informational change. We call it a genetic mutation. The information is important because it is the organism's blueprint. Through the chemical pathway I've described, as well as many others, a photon of light can potentially change the characteristics of a single bacterium and its countless potential offspring.

Another way bacteria change is the process called "transformation," when bacteria take RNA floating outside them and incorporate it into their own RNA. This allows bacteria to adopt the traits of a dead organism, even if it's a different species. Back in college, we made wild bacteria produce glowing offspring by injecting RNA from a glowing jellyfish into their environment. The wild bacteria started glowing in about a half hour. That's shake and bake evolution for you.

Kat, a question:

Why are anthrax, meningitis, botulism, gonorrhea, Lyme disease, MRSA, pneumonia, salmonella, syphilis, tetanus, tuberculosis, and UTIs still a problem?

Time and time again, we've made antibiotics that have exterminated these bacteria. So why aren't they? Why are all these bacterial diseases still a problem?

The reason is simple: antibiotics can kill virtually 100% of a bacterial population, but a few survive because of a genetic mutation. In a population of trillions of individuals, it is commonplace that a few had a mutation that confers a trait of immunity. While all the other bacteria may be killed by a particular antibiotic agent, these mutant bacteria will survive. Antibiotics actually *help* these individuals by killing their competitors and allowing the mutant to rebound, replace the original population, and maybe spread. Creationists say helpful traits don't just *appear,* but it actually happens all the time. We see it most in bacteria because of their high rate of mutation, but similar mutations happen in every living thing.

When you think about it, evolution is a commonplace, common sense occurrence. It does not involve fish sprouting legs overnight, or even in a thousand years. It does not involve monkeys dropping from trees and becoming human. It involves gradual, incremental change over a span of time that we human beings can't comprehend. This change tends to go onward and upward, because it is driven by the survival of successful individuals. (Kinda like capitalism, ideally)

It took me way too long to write this post. Please, someone, do me the favor of actually reading it, so I don't feel I've wasted my time. This is the weekend, after all. What am I doing here? Oh right it's pouring out. :emot-questioned:

Well, to me that doesn't prove evolution over creation.