• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

HI dozer,

is your wife a Christian as well?

Are you supporting her the best you know how, or in the way that she wishes to be supported? Don't mean to make it sound like it is all your fault, I just know that sometimes I think I am being supportive of my husband and in his mind I don't care about him at all, or I would be doing what he needed instead of what I thought he needed.

I think God wants you to stay married and try to work things out with your wife.

I know that is what God wants me to do, he hates divorce and only says it is okay if one spouse is cheating on another, or if a believer and unbeliever are married and the unbeliever decides to leave. (Doesn't give the believer the right to make the unbeliever so miserable they choose to leave.)

I will pray for healing in your marriage and that God will reveal to both of you what changes you each need to make in your own selves.

stilllearnin'

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

Hello mtmom, I understand what you are going through, and I have been through something kind of the same. Even though I'm only 17 maybe I can help. a couple years ago I was in 8th grade and I had zero friends and I became extremely depressed. I didn't smile or talk much. I thought no one liked me and I thought I was a loser but then I learned that God loves me and that His love is worth more than a human's. I struggled with doubt and confusion but then I spend time in God's word and prayed and it all became clear to me. I believed that friends were more important than God, I learned that it was wrong and all of a sudden it didn't matter how many friends I had because God was the best friend and the only friend I really needed. Whenever someone made fun of me or said something that hurt me I prayed to God to help them and I prayed to God to help me stay positive and I think it actually worked. So just keep praying to God to help you through life's struggles. He won't make your life struggle free of course but he will help you through all the tough times. Hope this inspires you somehow and helps.

In Jesus name,

Josh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello mtmom, I understand what you are going through, and I have been through something kind of the same. Even though I'm only 17 maybe I can help. a couple years ago I was in 8th grade and I had zero friends and I became extremely depressed. I didn't smile or talk much. I thought no one liked me and I thought I was a loser but then I learned that God loves me and that His love is worth more than a human's. I struggled with doubt and confusion but then I spend time in God's word and prayed and it all became clear to me. I believed that friends were more important than God, I learned that it was wrong and all of a sudden it didn't matter how many friends I had because God was the best friend and the only friend I really needed. Whenever someone made fun of me or said something that hurt me I prayed to God to help them and I prayed to God to help me stay positive and I think it actually worked. So just keep praying to God to help you through life's struggles. He won't make your life struggle free of course but he will help you through all the tough times. Hope this inspires you somehow and helps.

In Jesus name,

Josh

A beautiful post :cool: One of many on this thread. I have been there and gone through that :hug: its so good to see someone else who has come through the other side saved from that darkness.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Are there any know resources books or videos or books on tape or websites one can go to help with depression? and discouragment?

Thanks

ray

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Depression, hrrmmm... i know it mite be hard but maybe talk with your pastor... that would work :o

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

MtMom and Dozer: Praying for you.