• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

I am seeking clarification of Topic posting guidelines, as the info seems to be in more than one place and alot of reading to get to it.

What i want to know is things like can a Topic be reopened later and how, and can i ask for a Topic i start to be closed.

IMO i have made a complete hash of the Topic i started on Satan and original sin, and i also lost track of the one i started on Finney and never saw it again untill it was closed. Can we notify the Mods about such things, i.e report myself and leave a message, or do we have to wait for it to die out ?

Can we start a Topic the same as a closed one but with a different thrust ?

Lastly what are the rules about discussing the writings of others ? i did see them somewhere but not sure where now.

Any tips or advice of lessons learned ?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I am seeking clarification of Topic posting guidelines, as the info seems to be in more than one place and alot of reading to get to it.

What i want to know is things like can a Topic be reopened later and how, and can i ask for a Topic i start to be closed.

IMO i have made a complete hash of the Topic i started on Satan and original sin, and i also lost track of the one i started on Finney and never saw it again untill it was closed. Can we notify the Mods about such things, i.e report myself and leave a message, or do we have to wait for it to die out ?

Can we start a Topic the same as a closed one but with a different thrust ?

Lastly what are the rules about discussing the writings of others ? i did see them somewhere but not sure where now.

Any tips or advice of lessons learned ?

I expect that the moderators do have the ability to reopen a closed topic, however, the likelihood of that happening are slim, as the moderator would have had a very good reason to close the thread in the first place. You could try sending a PM(Private Message) to the moderator who closed your thread in the first place, requesting the thread to be reopened, however your reason would need to be really good. Likewise, you can contact a moderator requesting your thread closed. Eventually you should be able to close your own threads, as your membership grows.

The reason your second thread was closed, was because it was on a similar/same subject matter than the first. This kind of posting just tends to clog up the board, so to speak. Certainly you can report yourself, thus there is no need to wait for the topic to die out.

You could try starting a similar topic, however, be aware that because it is similar it too risks being closed. Your best option here is to contact a moderator and fully explain your reasoning for wanting to open a similar thread.

On discussing the writings of others, you must always cite the name of the book and publisher. ie; "during my post I will be referring to extracts from "The life of the doodle berrys" ( :taped: what? It was all I could come up with at this hour of the morning! :24: ) written by Mr D Berry. Obviously take into account that many authors do not wish to have their writings published in part or whole on websites, therefore if you wish to refer to an author, it is your job to ensure you are not infringing upon those wishes.

Regarding topic rules, you will usually find them pinned at the top of each section. Otherwise, refer back to the TOS.

Tips.... :24: don't try to debate everyone, you will be awake for the next hundred years if you do! :24: Debates can sometimes become heated, and in such situations you can forget what point you were trying to make in the first place, whether it is valid or not. You have to understand, that here the Bible is held very dear to our hearts, and when Biblical matters are being discussed we will always refer to the Bible (Him having authority on all matters). Finally, no matter how much you believe you may be right, consider the possibility that you may be wrong. :24:

Anne

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

:24: thanks Anne for the helps and laughs. Its a steep learning curve here for those of us that must speak before thinking. :24::24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I advise you to direct this inquiry to the moderators via the instructions on the front page of the website - they may be able to offer you some suggestions and also reasons why your topic(s) may have been deleted or closed. Anne has some excellent explanations and suggestions also - I would take her advice.