• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Would water have flowed from the side of any ordinary man if he were pierced by the tip of a spear in that manner?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

Would water have flowed from the side of any ordinary man if he were pierced by the tip of a spear in that manner?

Absolutely. Keep in mind, Jesus was God, yet man at the same time. He took on all the properties from an anatomical and physiological stand-point. He hungered, grew tired, weak, and felt pain.

Some may ask why this scripture was pointed out to make it mean more or something deeper. I may be wrong, but I believe it show that Jesus actually died. Yes, we can believe that He died, but when someone shows us that water and blood poured out of His body, someone who knows anatomy and physiology would recognize that Jesus' lungs and heart were punctured. This would be the means to an inevitabe death. No one could ever claim that He didn't really die or could have been healed by care and holistic medicine that was available at that time. The death was witnessed, now those who know this must face the resurrection.

Did our Jesus have an ordinary human anatomy? Yes and No. :thumbsup::whistling:

Did our Jesus have an ordinary human anatomy? Yes and No. :thumbsup::whistling:

what was not ordinary in Jesus physical body? i don't think there was anything different about His anatomy.

:thumbsup:

The difference in this case was the God-nature perfectly and seamlessly fused with the human nature. A perfectly human body of supernatural origin. A dual nature.

Guest man
Some may ask why this scripture was pointed out to make it mean more or something deeper. I may be wrong, but I believe it show that Jesus actually died. Yes, we can believe that He died, but when someone shows us that water and blood poured out of His body, someone who knows anatomy and physiology would recognize that Jesus' lungs and heart were punctured. This would be the means to an inevitabe death. No one could ever claim that He didn't really die or could have been healed by care and holistic medicine that was available at that time. The death was witnessed, now those who know this must face the resurrection.

Actually, Christ was dead before He was pierced with that spear.

I don't understand the significance of the post-mortem spear wound vs. the peri-mortem spear wound. :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

I'm an Anatomy & Physiology lab instructor.

Of course it is!!

I cannot help myself neb, how do we explain two-headed Ted from Tasmania? :whistling: I'v seen him, he hangs around the local dump. They call him the "dump monster?"

Haz.

Guest man
I don't understand the significance of the post-mortem spear wound vs. the peri-mortem spear wound. :whistling:

John 19

36 For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Actually, Christ was dead before He was pierced with that spear.

You are correct, He was dead when they pierced Him.

"But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water." (John 19:33-34).

Haz.

If Jesus was dead already, what was the point of piercing His side with the spear?