WN: Pope Seeks Control of Holy Land Sites in Israel - NewsMax

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,470
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

When Pope Benedict XVI visits the Holy Land, he will be more than a VIP sightseer -- he is expected to demand that Israel surrender to the Vatican dominion and control over no less than five holy sights, according to a report in Israel Today.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/newsmax-com-...utm_medium-RSS/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

What???? :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If I were Israel, I'd tell the Vatican they can have their holy sites only after they succeeded in obtaining the Church of the Nativity from the Palestinians.

:)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

According to this article, "President Shimon Peres wants to give up Israeli sovereignty over key Christian holy sites to the Vatican." :)

Another note from the article:

"If we were sure that this present to the Christian world would bring millions of Christian pilgrims here, then we would have a good reason to think about it," Tourism Minister Stas Meseznikov was quoted as saying.

"But since we're not sure that it will happen, why should we give out gifts?"

I have a friend who works at the tourism dept. She's asked for prayer that this won't go through - and prayers for herself as she presents her her objections of this to the boss.

Guest yod

The Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth;

The Coenaculum on Mount Zion in Jerusalem, traditional location of Jesus

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Large churches ,the vatican being the biggest, are political institutions.Buildings and sights are earthly possesions.It is what is in our heart that matters.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth;

The Coenaculum on Mount Zion in Jerusalem, traditional location of Jesus' Last Supper;

Gethsemane at the foot of the Mount of Olives;

Mount Tabor in the Lower Galilee region; and

the Church of the Multiplication, which lies along the shores of the Sea of Galilee.

Those are the 5 places the Vatican wants and they have been Catholic sites since forever, I think...

I've been to 4 of them and they aren't accurately biblical though they would certainly be important places because of their Catholic historical tradition. I'm a bit surprised they didn't also mention the Church of the Holy Sepulcher or the Church of the Nativity or Church of the Ascension? Are they already sovereign over them?

When a Nation State has an embassy in a foreign land isn't that sovereign territory of the Nation it represents? If so, isn't the Pope asking that these each be made an Embassy of the nation known as The Vatican? Isn't every embassy in Israel sovereign territory of the hosted nation? I don't really know...just thought that was how Embassies worked?

Why should they have so many embassies?

The Peace Treaty will be the "final solution" for Jerusalem. They will wish to divide it by the 3 great religions.

The King of Jordan will get the arab nations to agree on a promise of "peace" if Israel will divide herself. Javier Solana (the EU) will make sure the Palestinians get Jerusalem as their capitol. The Vatican will want guarantees over their "holy" sites.

Israel will do what they've always done. Capitulate to diplomatic pressure for a promise on paper.

For about 3 and a half years....

You are correct about embassies being sovereign to the nations they represent. This whole idea of the Vatican taking control of the sites makes me nervous though; they have no history as a friend of the Jews or Israel. I don't trust them and I hope the Israelis don't allow this. Yeah, you're right....this probably has something to do with the 7 year peace deal. Remember that the Pope is very friendly with the muslims these days. I can't figure it out...yet. :rolleyes: