IGNORED

Mother Of Moses

Guest LadyC

it was a touching scene in the movie. i wonder why God forgot to include it in the original script? :cool:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Only mothers can understand the courage of this act.

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

She really didn't have a choice. But the bible says 'Pharohs daughter said to her, Take this child and nurse it for me, and I will give you your wages'. So the woman took the child and nursed it. When the child grew up, she brought him to Pharoh's daughter and she took him as her son.'

So she had him a little longer then just the weaning.

But yeah. Heart ache to lose your son to another. But I have to admit that I do disagree on the crime statement. The egyptians had enslaved the israelites just because they were there. The taskmaster was beating an israelite, and the original word for 'beating' actually means to smite, to wound, or even to kill or slaughter.

Moses would have seen israelities beaten many times by this stage because he was 40 years old. So for him to take that kind of action, it must have been more then just a casual beating. The risks would have been too high.

The israelite had done nothing wrong, and if moses had just punched the guy out - it would have gotten back to pharoh and he would have been in trouble. To rise up against an egyptian to save an israelite - he had no choice but to kill him.

So I personally don't see it as a 'crime' as such. He was risking his own life to defend one of his own people - and risking everything he had. It shows a lot about his character that he would chose to take those kinds of risks for an enslaved nation that it would have been much safer for him to completly disown. And it came back on him. He lost everything and ended up wandering round the desert for the next 40 years until he was an old man.

I can see why he was so discouraged when God finally appeared to him.

I agree with the OP that his mother must have been an exceptional woman. Otherwise why would God use not only Moses, but also Aaron and his sister Miriam to lead israel. To bring up or partially bring up 3 such exceptional people, you have to be exceptional yourself.

I bet she's going to have a great reward in eternity.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

LadyC... I think I agree with you ...

It would seem harder at the time of weaning.. about 4 I believe ...

Hard to take him out of his real family and place him in the hands of the "enemy" so to speak...

I don't know .. placing him in a river of crocks is no easy task either..

She is one of the faithful in the "by faith" chapter...

she is an example to us for sure...

I am sure she cried buckets of tears on her pillow while she trusted God..

If that makes sense to any of you...

It makes perfect sense.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all,

I beleve also in what LadyC and tah has said, and Believer who mentioned the movie "The Ten Comandments" in which Charelton Heston played Moses in the movie they gave alot of insight into what caused Moses mother to put her son within the basket. It turned out that the mother of Moses got a hand in raising her own son. It truly is a rich story in how God moved and saved Moses for a future job to the Hebrew children. Finally I would recommend the movie, "The Ten Commandments" I'm sure one would find fault with the movie but it is very insightful being linked to Moses and the commandments in which he recieved from God. You can see the life of how Moses was spared and the events took place. I would reccomend one to read the story in the book of Exodus and compare it to the movie. Well let me shutup

blessings to all

OC

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Moses' mother gets very little mention in the bible but she really is a great example of someone trusting God.

Even though she was putting her child into a dangerous river with many water falls, predators and other dangers she trusted God to look out for him.

It was a hard choice, but there was about a 100% chance that if she kept him, he would be killed.