pokemaughan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

EVERYBODY knows that there are no calories in Twinkies.... IF you eat them while standing.... Silly people.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway here are some nutrional info just to digress a bit here..

1 gram of carbs equals 4 calories

1 gram of protein equals 4 calories

1 gram of fat equals 9 calories

...do you know what 1 gram of alcohol equals???? Take a while guess..... 1 gram of carbs equals 7 YES SEVEN calories.....

one more reason to stay away from it! Bye bye beer belly! LOL

And there's 150 calories in a Twinkie.......what's your point? :king:

Know not ye that one hundred and fifty is the number of the Beast? Repent, ye fool, and forsake thy Twinkie.

But it has cream filling. :cool:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The Hebrew and Greek words for wine in the bible are generic. This means that the meaning of the word "wine" must be interpreted by the text, like heaven, wind, or other bible words.

Many have gravely erred by assuming all mention of wine in the bible refers to an alcoholic wine. This assumption helps them to build a case for moderate drinking, for if God says alcoholic wine is a blessing or is good who are we to preach a different doctrine.

There seems to be more than one type of wine, perhaps several. Some were definitely not alcoholic.

History also proves this out, there are many quotes from those in bible times referring to some wines as not having any alcoholic qualities. (The following has a particle list)

http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/teach/bib&wine.html

Here are some scripture which talk about wine not being alcoholic...

Isaiah 65;8 speaks of wine in clusters (tiyrosh)

Isaiah 16;10 speaks of treading wine in presses (yayin)

Pro 3;10 presses burst with new wine (tiyrosh)

Jeremiah 48:33 here wine(yayin) fails from the winepresses

Lamentations 2 :11-12 children and infants faint because of lack of wine (yayin) and grain

Zech9:14 grain shall make the young men thrive, new wine makes the young women thrive (tiyrosh)

So we see that although there are bible passages that obviously refer to wine as having an alcoholic nature, there are also scriptures showing that wine and new wine can also be non alcoholic.

As a side note the references to wine (yayin) is thought to be only finished wine, but we see it used in scripture to speak of new wine(tiyrosh).(wine from fresh squeezed to working and not finished.

Job32;19 Behold, my belly is like unvented wine(yayin), like new wineskins it is about to burst

Also in the NT...

Matt 9:17 Neither do men pour new wine(oinos/ yayin Heb) into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine(oinos) will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine (oinos)into new wineskins, and both are preserved."

Luke 5:37 And no one pours new wine(oinos)into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine (oinos)will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined.

Luke 5:38 No, new wine(oinos) must be poured into new wineskins.

Note that the new wine here is not fermented, only STARTING to ferment, most likely just squeezed and still considered non alcoholic as it takes awhile for the juice to have any significant amount of alcohol.

And there's 150 calories in a Twinkie.......what's your point? :king:

is that a single twinkie... or a whole package of two twinkies? (please say it's two and not just one!)

Just 1. :blink:

btw, how did you know this?

:thumbsup:

I just ate the last one out of a box of 10. :cool:

Guest LadyC

i'm not buying into your history lesson of non-alcoholic strong drink. scripture is full of references to not abusing wine or strong drink, which would be a pointless warning if it was non-alcoholic. so since it doesn't differentiate between alcohol and non-alcohol when giving warnings against one and permission for the other, seems to me your arguments are futile.

just tell me you didn't buy it this morning. :cool:

and were you sitting, standing, or standing on your head when you partook of the creamy filling delights?

btw, are we off topic here?

:king:

I think I got them saturday, along with a bag of powdered mini donuts. Yum.

Sitting.

I know.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Just to cheer up some people. Looks like worked! :cool:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

After a long day at work, and pondering various facets of Christian doctrine, I think everyone could use a grin or two. :cool:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

i'm not buying into your history lesson of non-alcoholic strong drink. scripture is full of references to not abusing wine or strong drink, which would be a pointless warning if it was non-alcoholic. so since it doesn't differentiate between alcohol and non-alcohol when giving warnings against one and permission for the other, seems to me your arguments are futile.

Exactly.

Also in the passage from Luke I posted, Jesus said people criticized John the Baptist for not drinking and they criticized Him for drinking, He was making another point, but He said that indeed He did drink in that passage. Also if Jesus took Passover, which as an observant Jewish man He did, and of course we know about the Last Supper; He indeed drank wine, which was part of a Seder meal, as it is today and has been for 4000 some years. But big deal, drinking a glass of wine is not a sin it never has been a sin and was not ever considered a sin until some recent sects in the 19th and 20th century came up with the idea. It is not scriptural to say that an adult drinking a glass of wine is sinful.

But of course when I go down that road it looks as if I am promoting drinking and I am not, I just don't think light drinking is a big deal anymore than drinking a cup of coffee is or eating a fatty hamburger is now and then. Well actually drinking a glass of wine with dinner is better than coffee or fat in that it has shown some health benefits. The problem when we start inventing this sort of false piety is that it can lead to forgetting about what is really important when it comes to Christian morality.

Anyway I realize we agree.