• Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ami's Miracle: Thriving after Holiday Bomb

By Chris Mitchell

CBN News Middle East Bureau Chief

ARIEL, Israel - One year ago, few people imagined that Ami Ortiz would one day be playing basketball or that his parents would be cheering him on.

For months, Ami's ability to survive, much less walk, run and play basketball was in doubt.

It was March of last year that his street - located in the community of Ariel - became a crime scene. A bomb exploded in a nearby apartment building. The blast was so strong, it shattered car windows three stories below.

. . . a bomb, disguised as a Purim holiday package, exploded when then 15-year-old Ami Ortiz opened it. "Marina," who helped clean the Ortiz home, came running and found young Ami.

"He was on the floor, full of blood. It was horrible," Marina said. "He called to Jesus. He said twice 'Jesus, Jesus.' And when I heard it, I said to myself 'okay, he's okay.'"

Ami was alive -- but just barely.

<snip>

Miraculously, Ami not only survived but began to heal at an amazing rate.

"His wounds healed so quickly, it was deemed a miracle by the doctors. We've heard the word miracle many, many, many times. He wasn't able to see. He sees perfectly. He sees 20/20," Leah said.

Ami's father, David, agrees.

"God is the God of the impossible. How He is able to turn darkness into light in an instant," David said.

Ami's story spread throughout Israel and the world. More than 4,000 cards and letters flooded into Ami and his family, even more e-mails. The Ortiz's say the worldwide support and prayers carried them through.

"Without them, we wouldn't have been able to make it. I mean we were devastated. If it weren't for [the] prayers of the people and the people's support. People don't understand how powerful prayer is. It's been keeping my sound mind. I can close my eyes at night and not fear," David said.

Facing the One-Year Anniversary

But what was it like when they faced the one-year anniversary of the Purim bombing?

Read the rest here

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

An amazing testament to the power of prayer and to the fact that nothing is impossible for God. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I saw him and his father on Joel Rosenberg's conference last month and boy is the kid tall! He looks good also.