nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

to be honest...i would watch the news with Jesus right next to me; i would invite Jesus to my wedding; and i would surf the net with Jesus....but i wouldn't ask Jesus to watch the daVinci Code with me. I'd have to say "now now Jesus just stay away from me for a while- i'm watching a movie that has a lot of blasphemy, taints your name, and may cause babies in the faith to lose their way."!

His life on earth was to die on the cross...the greatest event in history....making a mockery out of it is just wrong! I didn't say Dan Brown didn't research his books...i said i don't know how Christians could regard it as good entertainment... whether fiiction or not, i don't appreciate blasphemy.

At no point does Dan Brown deny that Jesus died on the cross.....he injects a 'what if' variable into the story. And it's not a new story; it's been around for a millenia or so. Any true Christian knows the real story....what, is it going to cause someone to jump up and yell "Oh no! Jesus was actually a married man!" Christians KNOW better and ANYONE should have enough smarts to know if a book is fiction or not. If they don't, they probably shouldn't be doing something as dangerous as reading a book. :emot-fail:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You are correct, they were Jews...but lost none the less. You say they believed in God, but how do you know?

Because there is no mention of Jesus nor the disciples having to prove the existence of God to anyone in Israel.

We see Jesus didn't make right of issues by walking around telling them what was wrong as much as telling them what was right.

No, He did point out things that were wrong.

i.e. The sermon on the mount - "You have heard it said..."

Neb, I love ya to death...you are a wonderful person. But in this day and age, we are surrounded by so many wrongs...I believe we should just live our lives in which is right....and let the world see just how great it is to be Christian....

Thanks. :wacko:

Note, I am expressing my feelings and concerns and that I am not understanding the other side. I'm trying not to point fingers. I just don't understand.

The whole book just breaks my heart. ;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

to be honest...i would watch the news with Jesus right next to me; i would invite Jesus to my wedding; and i would surf the net with Jesus....but i wouldn't ask Jesus to watch the daVinci Code with me. I'd have to say "now now Jesus just stay away from me for a while- i'm watching a movie that has a lot of blasphemy, taints your name, and may cause babies in the faith to lose their way."!

His life on earth was to die on the cross...the greatest event in history....making a mockery out of it is just wrong! I didn't say Dan Brown didn't research his books...i said i don't know how Christians could regard it as good entertainment... whether fiiction or not, i don't appreciate blasphemy.

Than you know what? I can respect your decision. It's apparent that you can do all those things in faith and it not cause a stumbling block for you. Though Dan Browns work may, some may look at them the same as they do the news. So often the news glorifies a very unchristian lifestyle and people can't tolerate it...doesn't make it wrong or right...just not for them. I have watched the news, we see so many reporters nowadays taking the liberal side. An ecumenical stand-point if you will...This is blasphemy. I don't hide from it, just shake my head in pity is all. Also, because of the news that is brought forth, this cozy feeling of love all and their ways has deluded peoples thinking in ways that we SHOULD except others beliefs and tolerate them...what is this doing to babies in the faith? The news is "real" (I use that term loosely), where Dan Browns writings are not. Just because someone is a "baby in the faith" does not make them ignorant...I would hope if they had questions about Jesus' life...they would turn to the bible.

As far as your last point, I have to agree. I don't appreciate blasphemy as well. My thought process though, and it very well may be flawed...I am human and learning...is that blasphemy often comes with intent. Maybe not always, but from my experience it was made to be just that...a jab at Christ. In Dan Browns works, I don't see him taking a jab. Now, I will admit, I don't know his lifestyle nor do I know his stance on christianity...I've never been so enthrawled with him that I felt it necessary to dig deeper. I just read his books, found his theology flawed, but realized what kind of book I was reading. His works are hailed as "page turners"...If they were proclaiming to be insight to Jesus' life...I would be on your side, fighting with you...but it's not. I look at Dan Brown the same way I look at Stephen King...a writer with an over-active imagination.

On the intellectual note:

FACT:

The Priory of Sion

You are correct, they were Jews...but lost none the less. You say they believed in God, but how do you know?

Because there is no mention of Jesus nor the disciples having to prove the existence of God to anyone in Israel.

We see Jesus didn't make right of issues by walking around telling them what was wrong as much as telling them what was right.

No, He did point out things that were wrong.

i.e. The sermon on the mount - "You have heard it said..."

Neb, I love ya to death...you are a wonderful person. But in this day and age, we are surrounded by so many wrongs...I believe we should just live our lives in which is right....and let the world see just how great it is to be Christian....

Thanks. :wacko:

Note, I am expressing my feelings and concerns and that I am not understanding the other side. I'm trying not to point fingers. I just don't understand.

The whole book just breaks my heart. ;)

You missed my point. I would never say Jesus never told someone something was wrong. What I was saying, is that He didn't spend His ministry focusing on the wrongs as much as He did spreading the truth. Jesus' purpose was to shed light on a dark world...He didn't come to explain the "darkness" or show the wrongs with darkness as much as allow the light to be shared which would eradict the darkness...If that makes sense...If not, I apologize.

Oh Neb, I know you are not pointing fingers...nor am I. I know what kind of person you are and have no ill will toward you. Heck, I'm not even trying to get you to enjoy Brown's books. If you don't like them, that's fine. We would both be guilty of not understanding the other side. It's cause we are not perfect. We have our views and our standpoints and we support them. Not that either one of us is right or wrong, just that we are all in different places in our walk. That never makes one person higher or lower...I always like to visualize it being lateral. one may be more to the left than the right. Wth myself, and I speak only of myself, I can read these books and see them for what they are. In the same way I can study other religious works for the purpose of apologetics and see them for what they are. Would I ever suggest to someone new in the faith to pick up the koran and start picking it apart? Never. But I have in order to be a better witness and supporter to the bible. I guess this is the same reason I can read Browns books and not be offended...I have read much worse. Maybe it is me, maybe I am a victim of the numbness that encompasses the christian family. I hope this isn't true, but it is possible. Or, maybe I am just strong enough to not let certain issues sway my beliefs and rattle my faith. Who knows.

With love in Christ

Or, maybe I am just strong enough to not let certain issues sway my beliefs and rattle my faith. Who knows.

Doesn't rattle my faith either.

It just makes me want to puke.

Of course, I couldn't stomach 97% of the books I was forced to read in my English classes as well.

Or, maybe I am just strong enough to not let certain issues sway my beliefs and rattle my faith. Who knows.

Doesn't rattle my faith either.

It just makes me want to puke.

Of course, I couldn't stomach 97% of the books I was forced to read in my English classes as well.

LOL, yeah, If you've never been to college...don't go!!! LOL. I had to take sociology and learn under a evolutionist who combined the two as gospel. It's funny though, some would feel as you do, and want to puke...me, I just laughed...their stance is so weak and unjustified, that it just strengthened my faith.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Dan Brown talks a lot of nonsense.

LOL, yeah, If you've never been to college...don't go!!!

Too late!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

But how many Christians watch TV? Should I get on here stating that I don't understand why Christians own such a device?

How are you able to access the Internet from the year 1880, where you must live? :wacko:

Ha Ha. I work for CERN...we have invented time travel...So, I'll usually jump back and forth in time with my morning coffee so that I can post with you fine folks. ;) Actually, what I just typed is fiction...though I do have coffee in the morning, so, Part of it is true.

Nice to see you just pulled a little piece of my quote without the entire piece to grasp the point I was trying to make...thanks for that, appreciate it. LOL. Guess I'm going to be amish now.

Here's a question: If the secret of time-travel had been discovered by scientists and a "time machine" had alreday been built, would Christian groups oppose it as satanic?