• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I've always said he had lovely eyes. :)

He has EYES??? :blink:

:huh: I am puzzled. I thought you didn't like it when people made fun of others. :hmmm:

Okay....how is my comment making fun of Mr. Cheney? The inference is that I never noticed. :24:

:huh: Usually questioning that someone has eyes infers you believe the person to be blind (and not physically, either).

If I was incorrect in my understanding of your comment, then I sincerely appologize.

Yep, you misunderstood and apology accepted. I was going for 'the guy was practically invisible for eight years so I never noticed!' I've no doubt Cheney is a brilliant guy, he led Halliburton extremely well, I just have never thought he was very personable. He's always somber looking. I think; I really don't remember seeing him more than a few times in the eight years he was V.P. so I could be wrong and he could be a real crack up. :24:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

I have always had an ok view of Cheney. I think his low approval rating has been the result of the usual left-wing smear machine. Why would his approval rating be creeping up, along with former President Bush? Because people are not happy with some of the things Obama is doing. They are not happy with the way he is running up our national debt. While it is true that Bush was out of control when it came to spending, nobody has been as irresponsible as Obama when it comes to wreckless deficit spending.

People are not happy about the Guantanimo Bay Prison issue. I am sure the vast majority were fine with closing the prison for p.r. reasons, until they were faced with the question over what to do with the prisoners? Most people don't want them brought to America. 90 Senators, including the vast majority of Democrats, voted to withhold funding for the closing of the prison till Obama came up with a concrete plan about what to do with the prisoners. No matter what people may have thought of Cheney personally, I think the majority of Americans felt safer having Bush and Cheney in charge than they do having Obama in charge.

I was listening to Cheney on Fox a little while ago and thinking " why didn't they do this when they were the administration?" I don't remember ever hearing Cheney make his voice heard...in fact, President Bush seldom did either. I think their silence didn't help the people to understand what was going on. :(

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was going for 'the guy was practically invisible for eight years so I never noticed!' ...

Yeah - I was just thinking this tonight . . .

You know, we're hearing more about Cheney now than we did in the past 8 years. :(

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was listening to Cheney on Fox a little while ago and thinking " why didn't they do this when they were the administration?" I don't remember ever hearing Cheney make his voice heard...in fact, President Bush seldom did either. I think their silence didn't help the people to understand what was going on. :(

I had Fox News on while I was cleaning up the kitchen tonight, and someone on there asked about this, and the other person pointed out that Bush had his radio addresses and press conferences and stuff . . . but no one was listening and it wasn't getting reported on.

Perhaps.

But I agree - they still should have found some way to address the issue this aggressively.

:blink:

Guest LadyC

exactly. i remember countless news conferences where bush and/or cheney spoke very strongly about these things. and while i don't know how accurate it is that they weren't reported on, i do know they weren't taken seriously. people were more interested in how many times bush mis-pronounced nuclear, or whether cheney had shot anyone else while hunting.

exactly. i remember countless news conferences where bush and/or cheney spoke very strongly about these things. and while i don't know how accurate it is that they weren't reported on, i do know they weren't taken seriously. people were more interested in how many times bush mis-pronounced nuclear, or whether cheney had shot anyone else while hunting.

Such is our media....look how they reported on every little gaffe when the Obamas were in Europe. Good grief, a person would have to be a saint or a robot to never pronounce a word wrong or forget to kiss someone or something else equally as banal. But I seriously don't remember Dick Cheney being on the talking head shows...ever! :(

you rarely hear the vice president in any administration speaking.

True...but I've heard a lot out of Joe Biden lately! :(

Guest LadyC

i hear alot ABOUT biden, i don't hear him making any public addresses though, have i slept through them?

i hear alot ABOUT biden, i don't hear him making any public addresses though, have i slept through them?

Probably...I know I do. :(