ASubservientSeeker

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am a new member and a reluctant poster, needs your attentions. I went in to a Christian chat room today and someone asked me.. Why God let good people die? and followed by Why doesn't God cure the amputee?

I didn't know how to answer it, well I said is that everything has its own purpose,just because we don't see that purpose right away doesn't mean there isn't any. In regards to curing amputee, i just asked him questions

Why doesn't God get rid of viruses all together? Why doesn't God, when you cut you finger by accident, why doesn't he cure it right away? Why doesn't God fix people's personal problem and then i said that God gave "man" dominion over all things of men. God can't just fix one and not fix the other. ...that was all i can say..

I ask for your help. How should answer these type of question? these kind of question makes me feel less of a Christian not knowing how or what to answer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Those are tough questions and we may never know the "why" of it. We do know that death entered into this world when Adam and Eve sinned in the garden. We live in a fallen state. All of creation is suffering the effects on sin. While it may seem unfair at times, we know according to Scritpure that God sends rain on the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45).

God is merciful and righteous. What may not seem fair to us is because we are looking through our eyes and our ability to understand. God sees everything through the eyes of love. He gave us HIS Son to show us how much he loved us.

It is difficult for Christians to understand at times, even more so for those who aren't followers of Christ. A person who has no relationship with Christ cannot possibly begin to understand faith and all that it entails.

Scripture also tells us that all things work for the good of those who love the Lord (paraphrased)/ Does that mean that everything that happens to us is good? No, but God is able to turn things around for our long-range good.

God is not working to make us happy, but to fulfill his purpose and because of it we learn to accept, not resent pain and persecution, because God is with us.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Heres a talk on Why Does God Allow Suffering, it may help you in some ways. http://www.beyondtoday.tv/programs/archive...ogramID=2005005

Heres another one http://www.beyondtoday.tv/programs/archive...ProgramID=bt104

Thank you Glorywatch and Mizzdy, I really appreciate it. I totally agree with everything you said Glory watch. sometimes it is hard for me to respond to people asking questions like that. I don't want to just make up answer out of text you know.

I am cheking out the site now..thank you mizzdy

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Well, let me take you back to the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve lived in a beautiful place with only one rule:

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." Genesis 2:16-17

In the next chapter you can read about how Eve was deceived by Satan and did eat of that tree, then Adam chose to eat also. This is when death entered. All things die.

Now, your question was "Why does God let good people die?" First, what do you mean by "good". Do you mean people who are nice? Who do nice things and say nice things? According to what Scripture tells us nobody is good enough to stand before God. Romans 3:23 says: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, So man's view of "good" and God's view of "good" are two different things. The only way to eternal life is through Jesus Christ. So, everyone dies - good and bad -- but only one who has accepted Christ as their Saviour will live eternally with Him.

God gave us a choice. He did not create robots, and therefore we all have a choice as to whether or not to accept Him or not. The Bible is our guide to what our choices should be. If someone has personal problems, then chances are that he or she made a choice that was not in line with God's word. God helps us through problems. We create the problems the expect God to magically make our choice OK. Well, His rules don't waiver. For instance, God says to be a good steward of money. People tend to squander their money on wants, not needs, and max out the credit cards. Then get mad a God for not fixing the problem they created. There are sexually transmitted diseases running rampant today because people do not follow God's rules, but they blame God for not fixing the problem.

Remember, God did give us an answer

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but [fn] have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:14-18

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Those are tough questions and we may never know the "why" of it. We do know that death entered into this world when Adam and Eve sinned in the garden. We live in a fallen state. All of creation is suffering the effects on sin. While it may seem unfair at times, we know according to Scritpure that God sends rain on the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45).

God is merciful and righteous. What may not seem fair to us is because we are looking through our eyes and our ability to understand. God sees everything through the eyes of love. He gave us HIS Son to show us how much he loved us.

It is difficult for Christians to understand at times, even more so for those who aren't followers of Christ. A person who has no relationship with Christ cannot possibly begin to understand faith and all that it entails.

Scripture also tells us that all things work for the good of those who love the Lord (paraphrased)/ Does that mean that everything that happens to us is good? No, but God is able to turn things around for our long-range good.

God is not working to make us happy, but to fulfill his purpose and because of it we learn to accept, not resent pain and persecution, because God is with us.

right

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The question of pain and suffering and why bad things happen to good people and all that is a question you see being asked throughout Scripture, but no real answer is given. In fact, most of David's Psalms are him crying out to God in pain or distress.

But one thing I've learned about the deepest principles in life are that answers have to be understood in the heart before they can make sense in the head.

It's times like this, I find consolation in songs.

These are two that have ministered to my heart in this area:

(both of these songs can be found on You Tube, but we're not allowed to post You Tube links, so this will have to do, unless you look them up yourself)

~~~

Home Free

by Wayne Watson

I'm trying hard not to think you unkind

But Heavenly Father

If you know my heart

Surely you can read my mind

Good people underneath the sea of grief

Some get up and walk away

Some will find ultimate relief

Chorus

Home Free, eventually

At the ultimate healing we will be Home Free

Home Free, oh Ive got a feeling

At the ultimate healing

We will be Home Free

Out in the corridors we pray for life

A mother for her baby, A husband for his wife

Sometimes the good die young

It's sad but true

And while we pray for one more heartbeat

The real comfort is with you

You know pain has little mercy

And suffering's no respecter of age, of race or position

I know every prayer gets answered

But the hardest one to pray is slow to come

Oh Lord, not mine, but Thy will be done

Let it be...

Chorus

Home Free, eventually

At the ultimate healing we will be Home Free

Home Free, oh Ive got a feeling

At the ultimate healing

We will be Home Free

You can here the chorus at least at this link.

~~~

Montana Sky

by White Heart

Gazing from a lonely mountain top

Face to face with a sky that never stops

Here, where an empty souls can turn

To look for some reasons, the riddles of why

They happen, things we just don't understand

But there's a peace for what we cannot comprehend

Oh, we can climb higher than the pain

To find some comfort when the answer isn't plain

We don't know why, but when the world is lost in shadows

There is a light that will remains

The love He gave, that cared enough to die

Is as endless as a Montana Sky

Flowing on the mysteries of time

Are secrets that are hidden from my mind

Oh, for all I cannot understand

My loving Father holds the answers in His hands

We don't know why, but when the world is lost in shadows

There is a light that will remains

The love He gave, that cared enough to die

When there's no why, there is a hope beyond the sorrow

It is the truth that will not change

His love that gave, that cared enough to die

Link to song clip

You guys are great, thank you ... George and trusting thank you and Nebula. I search both songs in YOUtube. I love both song, very moving and like you said very powerful messages.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Doctrinal Questions

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

I've run across people with these kinds of questions as well. The answer to "Why does God allow good people to die?" is that God allows everyone, good or bad to die. Death is a direct result of the fall of Adam and Eve. Everyone has a day that they are ordained to die, and there is nothing we can do about it. The bigger question is "Are you ready to face God when you die?". As far as why doesn't God heal amputees, there is a whole website about this and it stems from atheism. I think the point behind that question is that even though many people will say that God healed them for this reason or that, a skeptic will doubt this and say that if God is really behind any healing, why not heal what is impossible to cure through modern medicine.

I know some will disagree with this, but we don't live in a time of healing and miracles, not that God can't heal or do miracles. Certainly, God can heal when someone prays and asks for healing. But in the day of the apostles, miracles were a sign. Today we have the bible and don't need signs. People will always throw out question designed to stump christians, such as "If God can't sin doesn't that mean He isn't Omnipotent?" It's okay not to have the answer to a question. I think Satan wants to distract us to discussions that are meaningless so that we don't talk about the basics of the gospel, which is the most important thing a non-believer wants to hear. Don't get me wrong....I get pulled into these kinds of discussions too and it's reasonable to answer a genuine question.