IGNORED

Abortion Doctor shot at CHURCH????

anitarose

He became part of the Christian Church when Christ revealed himself to Paul. He didn't have to officially join a local body to be part of that church.

After his conversion, he became a missionary, and went about establishing local church bodies in differen't cities, and oversaw them.

I think you completely missed my point....and I still say this is historically incorrect. Paul was NEVER a member of the christian church...and he NEVER planted a christian church either.

He saw what he was doing as an extension of the faith of the remnant of Israel going to the nations. Not a new religion separate from Israel. Christianity didn't happen until the gentiles kicked the jews out because they hated them. Then they had to start something different. This is the root of what we have today.

It should be another thread though...don't want to hijack this one.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Butero
He became part of the Christian Church when Christ revealed himself to Paul. He didn't have to officially join a local body to be part of that church.

After his conversion, he became a missionary, and went about establishing local church bodies in differen't cities, and oversaw them.

I think you completely missed my point....and I still say this is historically incorrect. Paul was NEVER a member of the christian church...and he NEVER planted a christian church either.

He saw what he was doing as an extension of the faith of the remnant of Israel going to the nations. Not a new religion separate from Israel. Christianity didn't happen until the gentiles kicked the jews out because they hated them. Then they had to start something different. This is the root of what we have today.

You are probably right in that this should be in another thread, but I am not sure what title it should be given? Let me see if I can clarify this a little better? There is natural Israel, and spiritual Israel. Natural Israel are the descendants of Abraham. They are the natural branches. Then there is spiritual Israel, those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Spriritual Israel is made up of believers who are natural Jews and adopted Jews. There are not really two separate bodies.

Even under the law, a person could become a Jew by placing themselves under the law of Moses. There are examples of gentiles doing this. Today, we become a Jew when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. In the case of someone like myself, whose family tree goes back to Italy on my Father's side, and England, and some other European countries on my Mother's side, I became an adopted Jew when I got saved. That is why I have never understood how Christians could hate Jews? To hate the Jews is to hate ones self if you are a Christian.

You are probably right in that this should be in another thread, but I am not sure what title it should be given? Let me see if I can clarify this a little better? There is natural Israel, and spiritual Israel. Natural Israel are the descendants of Abraham. They are the natural branches. Then there is spiritual Israel, those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Spriritual Israel is made up of believers who are natural Jews and adopted Jews. There are not really two separate bodies.

Even under the law, a person could become a Jew by placing themselves under the law of Moses. There are examples of gentiles doing this. Today, we become a Jew when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. In the case of someone like myself, whose family tree goes back to Italy on my Father's side, and England, and some other European countries on my Mother's side, I became an adopted Jew when I got saved. That is why I have never understood how Christians could hate Jews? To hate the Jews is to hate ones self if you are a Christian.

ok....I'm starting a new thread so this one doesn't get hijacked.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Somebody brought a gun to church? :blink: Someone brought a deadly weapon into the House of God and used it to KILL another parishioner while (supposedly) in the presence of Jesus Christ? ? :41:

:noidea::noidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I'm amazed by this news, though I probably shouldn't be. A lot of the problem is due to the Church's watered-down or nonexistent witness. I agree with Butero that no Christian church has any business allowing someone practicing sin as did Tiller to be a member. It's one thing to allow visitors, as well we should, but membership requires standards.

The problem is that many of the churches have lowered their standards to an unrecognizable level. I was looking at a local church's "Credo for the 21st Century", and finally found Christ stuck in near the bottom - after environmentalism, lesbian and gay rights, etc. Prominent was their National Council of Churches affiliation and their interfaith activities with Buddhists (I have no problem reaching out to other religions, to a point). We are simply in a postmodern church world where anything goes.

should we allow an abortionist in our midst?

should we allow an adulteress in our midst?

should we allow a liar in our midst?

should we allow a thief in our midst?

should we allow a murder in our midst?

should we allow any sinner in our midst?

What about murderers? Should we allow them in our midst? Or should we install metal-detectors in our church buildings? Or just convert the church basement into a target-range? :noidea:

I'm outraged by this and I'm speaking up.

I'm amazed by this news, though I probably shouldn't be. A lot of the problem is due to the Church's watered-down or nonexistent witness. I agree with Butero that no Christian church has any business allowing someone practicing sin as did Tiller to be a member. It's one thing to allow visitors, as well we should, but membership requires standards.

The problem is that many of the churches have lowered their standards to an unrecognizable level. I was looking at a local church's "Credo for the 21st Century", and finally found Christ stuck in near the bottom - after environmentalism, lesbian and gay rights, etc. Prominent was their National Council of Churches affiliation and their interfaith activities with Buddhists (I have no problem reaching out to other religions, to a point). We are simply in a postmodern church world where anything goes.

Including gunplay in the House of God, apparently. :noidea:

If you'ren going to squeeze a round off in church, it's best to use a silencer as to not disrupt the service.

By bye, Worthy. I'm done with you. :noidea:

.... gunplay in the House of God.... :noidea:

The Heart Of Sin

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah 17:9

Needs The LORD's

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 36:26

Salvation

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalms 51:10

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

If you'ren going to squeeze a round off in church, it's best to use a silencer as to not disrupt the service.

By bye, Worthy. I'm done with you. :noidea:

Why?

:noidea: