IGNORED

Abortion Doctor shot at CHURCH????

anitarose

Guest Butero
I'm amazed by this news, though I probably shouldn't be. A lot of the problem is due to the Church's watered-down or nonexistent witness. I agree with Butero that no Christian church has any business allowing someone practicing sin as did Tiller to be a member. It's one thing to allow visitors, as well we should, but membership requires standards.

The problem is that many of the churches have lowered their standards to an unrecognizable level. I was looking at a local church's "Credo for the 21st Century", and finally found Christ stuck in near the bottom - after environmentalism, lesbian and gay rights, etc. Prominent was their National Council of Churches affiliation and their interfaith activities with Buddhists (I have no problem reaching out to other religions, to a point). We are simply in a postmodern church world where anything goes.

I was raised in the United Methodist Church, and one of the reasons I left was because of their affiliation with the World Council of Churches. Their beliefs are incompatable with the teachings of the Bible.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

An abortion doctor was shot (and presumably killed) during a church service, and all you can say is, "He should not have been there in the first place." Did that abortion doctor deserve to die like that, in the one place where everyone should feel safe?

This kind of thing makes me physically ill and I can't stand it anymore.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

An abortion doctor was shot (and presumably killed) during a church service, and all you can say is, "He should not have been there in the first place." Did that abortion doctor deserve to die like that, in the one place where everyone should feel safe?

The Christian church was never and is not a safe place. :noidea: God is dangerous and very scarey if your on the wrong side. The Bible speaks of the Lord being a terror in the night to the wicked. :noidea:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Right there are two huge issues.

The first which we were discussing is how could a late term abortionist be in good standing in a Christian Church? So then we discussed how many mainline Protestant denominations not only do not condemn abortion but support abortion and support it as some sort of acceptable "right".

The other issue is murder. No Christian has murder in their heart according to scripture. This murder of this man as bad as the guy was is horrible and will of course hurt in a very big way the pro-life movement. More babies will die because a whack job murderer killed this guy. So yes it sickens me also.

I might add that in the Narnia series that C.S. Lewis wrote that Aslan was a dangerous and wild Lion and should be feared, however, that he was indeed Good. :noidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

The Christian church was never and is not a safe place. :noidea: God is dangerous and very scarey if your on the wrong side. The Bible speaks of the Lord being a terror in the night to the wicked. :noidea:

You're sick.

Guest Butero

I thought you misunderstood something before, and was going to reply to it, but I won't bother now since I see what your problem is. I have no sympathy for baby killers, anymore than I feel any sorrow over the death of any other mass murderer. If that makes you physically ill, so be it. I also recognize that God did not instruct anyone to take a gun into a church to commit murder. That act was also wrong. I do believe the abortion doctor deserved what he got, but it is not our place to go around taking the law into our own hands.

And the funny thing is, if the church had done it's duty and put this man out for what he was doing, he would probably be alive today. It is strange how things happen sometimes.

Right there are two huge issues.

The first which we were discussing is how could a late term abortionist be in good standing in a Christian Church? So then we discussed how many mainline Protestant denominations not only do not condemn abortion but support abortion and support it as some sort of acceptable "right".

The other issue is murder. No Christian has murder in their heart according to scripture. This murder of this man as bad as the guy was is horrible and will of course hurt in a very big way the pro-life movement. More babies will die because a whack job murderer killed this guy. So yes it sickens me also.

Actually brother, and I am no advocate of murder, the death of this man will result in fewer babies being murdered every year. Tiller was a prolific murderer.

I also agree that this is Politically expedient for the cause of FOCA and the current Presidents agenda. :noidea:

You're sick.

How so?

Guest Butero

You're sick.

You talk about how the gunman went into a church and did something a horrific as this man did. I agree that was wrong, but the doctor showed no fear of God when he could kill babies during the week and sing in the choir on Sunday. I can see Matthitjah's point.