IGNORED

Abortion Doctor shot at CHURCH????

anitarose

Guest Butero
I don't think anyone can guess and even justify the actions of the man who murdered the abortion doctor. He is wrong and he is trying to usurp the job of God. To say that this guy was some kind of knight in shining armor saving unborn lives is ridiculous. God will ultimately judge all those who murder - anyone.

I wonder if you have ever read this story Believer? In Judges chapter 4, Barak was fighting against a man named Sisera and his army. Sisera fled from the battle and wound up at the home of a woman named Jael. She convinced Sisera that he would be safe staying with her. Let's see what happens beginning in verse 21.

21 Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died.

You say God will ultimately judge all those who murder anyone? In chapter 5, Deborah, the Lord's prophet, sings a song of victory, and here is how she describes the act of Jael beginning in verse 24.

24 Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent.

25 He asked water, and she gave him milk; she brought forth butter in a lordly dish.

26 She put her hand to the nail, and her right hand to the workmen's hammer; and with the hammer she smote off his head, when she had pierced and stricken through his temples.

Perhaps you have read this story from Numbers 25? Let's begin at verse 6.

6 And, behold, one of the children of Israel came and brought unto his brethren a Midianitish woman in the sight of Moses, and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping before the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

7 And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand;

8 And he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her belly. So the plague was stayed from the children of Israel.

The children of Israel were being plagued because they had sinned, and this act by Phineahas brought about the end of the plague. In neither of these instances do I see God speaking directly to Jael or Phinehas and telling them to kill anyone.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Butero
Romans 12:19

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

(KJV)

Nobody is arguing against that scripture Gauntlet, but it really doesn't apply. In all likelihood, the man didn't shoot the doctor to get even with him. He probably shot him to save innocent lives. Vengeance would mean he just wanted to kill him to avenge the babies he had already slaughtered, and that is doubtful.

To use your own words....

You have no way of knowing that....

So what? Unless it can be shown it was an act of vengeance, his scripture has no bearing on the subject.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

I don't think anyone can guess and even justify the actions of the man who murdered the abortion doctor. He is wrong and he is trying to usurp the job of God. To say that this guy was some kind of knight in shining armor saving unborn lives is ridiculous. God will ultimately judge all those who murder - anyone.

My thoughts exactly. Vigilance, not Vigilantism.

I wonder if you have ever read this story Believer? In Judges chapter 4, Barak was fighting against a man named Sisera and his army. Sisera fled from the battle and wound up at the home of a woman named Jael. She convinced Sisera that he would be safe staying with her. Let's see what happens beginning in verse 21.

21 Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died.

You say God will ultimately judge all those who murder anyone? In chapter 5, Deborah, the Lord's prophet, sings a song of victory, and here is how she describes the act of Jael beginning in verse 24.

24 Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent.

25 He asked water, and she gave him milk; she brought forth butter in a lordly dish.

26 She put her hand to the nail, and her right hand to the workmen's hammer; and with the hammer she smote off his head, when she had pierced and stricken through his temples.

6 And, behold, one of the children of Israel came and brought unto his brethren a Midianitish woman in the sight of Moses, and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping before the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

7 And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand;

8 And he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her belly. So the plague was stayed from the children of Israel.

The children of Israel were being plagued because they had sinned, and this act by Phineahas brought about the end of the plague. In neither of these instances do I see God speaking directly to Jael or Phinehas and telling them to kill anyone.

Using the Word of God to try and justify cold blooded murder is not a good thing.

Guest Butero

Using the Word of God to try and justify cold blooded murder is not a good thing.

I am just making a point. Here are two examples where two individuals committed what could be described as cold blooded murder were blessed by God for doing so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

(KJV)

And Jesus said, "He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."

**Note: I'm not saying the man who murdered the doctor was "in God's will" - but you should consider this as well.

You're not saying God used that guy to kill that Dr....................are you?

I thought it was pretty clear what I was saying. The part you highlighted in red shows I'm not making any claims.

However, you should consider what Jesus said.

I am just making a point. Here are two examples where two individuals committed what could be described as cold blooded murder were blessed by God for doing so.

The murders in the bible and the murder at that church have nothing to do with one another.

(KJV)

And Jesus said, "He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."

**Note: I'm not saying the man who murdered the doctor was "in God's will" - but you should consider this as well.

You're not saying God used that guy to kill that Dr....................are you?

I thought it was pretty clear what I was saying. The part you highlighted in red shows I'm not making any claims.

However, you should consider what Jesus said.

I always do.............and I was just checkin is all.

My apologies.

Guest Butero

America is under judgement, and one of her greatest sins is abortion. When a nation is being blessed by God, Deuteronomy 28:12 states, "The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow. When a nation is under God's judgment, verse 44 of the same chapter states, "He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail."

This debt and economic calamity we are going through is a result of our sins. The answer is not to go around killing abortion clinic doctors. What we need to be doing is repenting of our sins and bringing about an end to the evil by changing the law, but it is amazing how we have so many people outraged over this man killing an abortion clinic doctor, and by comparison, making light of the mass murder being commited by the doctor.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

I have hard time beleiving that. I'm not sure I could kil someone in cold blood if God Himself told me to do so. I think I would reject any God who tells me to kill as either the enemy or mental illness. If a voice in my head is instructing me to kill, that means it's time to have myself committed to a secure psychiatric facility.

Muslim terrorists commit wholesale slaughter with clear consciences because in their mind, that is the will of God.