• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/19/1983

One of His attributes is that God communicates with each person on THEIR level. Thanks to Jesus, He no longer requires a single consecrated priest to enter the temple in order for His people to hear His voice. Now Jesus is the final High Priest, who makes it possible for God to speak with us any time, any where. The mode of communication changes depending on the person's faith and situation. Communication from God can come from anywhere without or within - just be sure that it's God speaking to you by checking what you hear against the scriptures!

Edited by Zanhoshi Zhuedo

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

INTRODUCTION

Is God still speaking today?

Is it possible to hear the voice of God?

christian leaders are confused about this issue. some believe that God can guide us and give direction when we need it . others say God only speaks at us by what we read in the Bible . I believe that God still speaks to us today by His Holy spirit just as He did in Bible times. what do you believe ? The pseudopodia graph tells about Asiatic of the pharisees that came into existence 800 years [or more] before Christ. This sect taught that all God would ever say was already said through the writings of Moses. any subsequent prophetic voice or writing was invalid. they accepted only the first five books of the bible. nothing more; it seems many church leaders believe the same doctrine today [with some modification] for example, modern-day theological pharisees'' teach that God only speaks to us now by what is written in the Bible Beyond that, God is not speaking any more. while the Bible is a finished book, and no one should dare add anything to the canon of scripture, the idea that we now serve a DUMB GOD [one who cannot speak] is a great theological travesty. many will die to defend what said [past centuries] but ...refuse him that speaketh [presently in our day and time ] from heaven '' [Heb 12:25] seven times we are admonished, He that hath an ear, [et him hear what the spirit saith [present tense]unto the churches [Rev 2:7, 3:22] GOD BLESS YOU ALL YOURS MATHIAS FROM AFRICA IN UGANDA TAKE TIME WHEN YOU READ IT BYE BYE

If it were not possible , I couldn't - wouldn't - be a Christain . How would one know Him without it ? "Churches" are not enough - they all teach what they want to promote themselves . Leaders are not enough - how did *they* know ? By another ? The Scriptures are not enough - they were written to others . I want to hear Him as the writers were able .

I want a personal relationship with the Lord . He declares Himself to be the God of Abraham , Isaac , and Jacob - a personal God . That is want I want .

The Scriptures state , "Today , if you hear His voice , do not harden your hearts ... " You can hear His voice . If He speaks Today , don't harden your hearts by thinking that He cannot speak .

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/28/1962

Yes God does speak to people, just as does Jesus and the Holy Spirit, its just that men have stopped listening Just look at all the thngs that Jesus did after his resurection, then we happily corrupted all His good works, started living in the flesh and stopped listening. Then along came the religious, got there little pieces of paper, called themselves pastors , preachers and evangelists and told the world , " only we can hear from God". And so as Jesus wrote to the pharises of His day.

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

They dont want you to hear from God because they will loose your adoration, oh and in case you think its a bad thing, It is not in satans best interset for you to have a one on one walk with Jesus because you are then a threat to him. And again as Jesus said for those who still havnt quiet understood,

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus is just waiting for you to, ask Him to teach you Himself. Is He not worth It ? are you listening ?

In His Love

• Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

INTRODUCTION

Is God still speaking today?

Is it possible to hear the voice of God?

christian leaders are confused about this issue. some believe that God can guide us and give direction when we need it . others say God only speaks at us by what we read in the Bible . I believe that God still speaks to us today by His Holy spirit just as He did in Bible times. what do you believe ? The pseudopodia graph tells about Asiatic of the pharisees that came into existence 800 years [or more] before Christ. This sect taught that all God would ever say was already said through the writings of Moses. any subsequent prophetic voice or writing was invalid. they accepted only the first five books of the bible. nothing more; it seems many church leaders believe the same doctrine today [with some modification] for example, modern-day theological pharisees'' teach that God only speaks to us now by what is written in the Bible Beyond that, God is not speaking any more. while the Bible is a finished book, and no one should dare add anything to the canon of scripture, the idea that we now serve a DUMB GOD [one who cannot speak] is a great theological travesty. many will die to defend what said [past centuries] but ...refuse him that speaketh [presently in our day and time ] from heaven '' [Heb 12:25] seven times we are admonished, He that hath an ear, [et him hear what the spirit saith [present tense]unto the churches [Rev 2:7, 3:22] GOD BLESS YOU ALL YOURS MATHIAS FROM AFRICA IN UGANDA TAKE TIME WHEN YOU READ IT BYE BYE

If it were not possible , I couldn't - wouldn't - be a Christain . How would one know Him without it ? "Churches" are not enough - they all teach what they want to promote themselves . Leaders are not enough - how did *they* know ? By another ? The Scriptures are not enough - they were written to others . I want to hear Him as the writers were able .

I want a personal relationship with the Lord . He declares Himself to be the God of Abraham , Isaac , and Jacob - a personal God . That is want I want .

The Scriptures state , "Today , if you hear His voice , do not harden your hearts ... " You can hear His voice . If He speaks Today , don't harden your hearts by thinking that He cannot speak .

Interesting point that "New_Winieskin brought up. Many hear God in very different ways, and there were some great testimonies that people brought up. But when it comes to doctrine things are all over the board (no pun intended).There are many points in doctrine that people do not hear the same voice, yet all say it is God. Doctrine within regards to salvation, predestination resurrection ect., are all over the place.

Yet the scripture does say as already mentioned: "my sheep hear my voice and another they will not follow", yet people are following another voice. If these doctrinal question are all over the place, is it that some or many are not hearing, or do not what to hear his voice. Do we reject things that are said to us ...... maybe because??????

I hope that this does not throw this thread of course, but rather stirs good communication regarding hear the voice of God; and what that means. I do not what this post to get off on the doctrinal questions that I have mentioned, but why is it that these sort of things are all over the place regarding to hearing God's voice.

Jeremiah

Edited by Jeremiah Joel

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Thank you for the remembrance.... I really needed to read this. God bless you all.

Jacqueline

• 1 month later...

While growing up I was always curious to answer the question "Does God exist or not?" but there was far too much going on in my life to try and answer it. I had not come across anyone that had proven 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt that God existed. I certainly had not even considered that God would be speaking to people and they would be hearing Him.

So I put off answering the question. I thought that no one could be 100% certain that God existed.

Now I know differently. I also know that God talks to us. If you want to read about it check out http://www.godandemail.com

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

While growing up I was always curious to answer the question "Does God exist or not?" but there was far too much going on in my life to try and answer it. I had not come across anyone that had proven 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt that God existed. I certainly had not even considered that God would be speaking to people and they would be hearing Him.

So I put off answering the question. I thought that no one could be 100% certain that God existed.

Now I know differently. I also know that God talks to us. If you want to read about it check out http://www.godandemail.com

I noticed the cut and paste from the site you link to. Is this your site and are you the author?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/28/1962

I still think it odd, that christians spend so much money on books about hearing from God when all they have to do is listen, and knowing God , when all they need to do is spend time with Him. Its no wonder their is so much money to be made in the business of the christian religion, when there is so little faith.

in His Love

Guest HIS girl

'mjrhealth'

I still think it odd, that christians spend so much money on books about hearing from God when all they have to do is listen, and knowing God , when all they need to do is spend time with Him. Its no wonder their is so much money to be made in the business of the christian religion, when there is so little faith.

You are being harsh unnecessarily I feel.

It's true that we need to be "still" and spend time with him. It's also true that peoples lives are so busy and the majority of it we can't help (other things we can change) - lack of time is definitely a way to NOT hear the Lord's voice.

HOWEVER , remember little Samuel who actually heard God's voice and didn't realise it and thought it was Eli the priest? Eli had to tell him it was God.

Sometimes folks need a helping hand and not condemnation.

I also agree in a sense that far too many people seek help from Christian authors first and NOT the Author of life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/29/1966

Yes to both Questions.