• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I was looking up one of the name of God, that is El Shaddai which means "protector". While I was browsing throught the wikipedia I saw this image....

Just what is this about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Shefa_Tal.png

Did you notice, it has God's name the Tetragrammaton?

This hand jester is very similar to what Spock used in the Star Trek shows. That's not what bothers me... what bothers me is the other signs and markings on the hands. And why it is on the hands in the first place. Just a couple of weeks ago, I saw something disturbing regarding the Star of David.. so this is doing nothing but making me suspicious of Israelites....

Here is the link to the full Wikipedia article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Judaism#Shaddai

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

I was looking up one of the name of God, that is El Shaddai which means "protector". While I was browsing throught the wikipedia I saw this image....

Just what is this about?

This hand jester is very similar to what Spock used in the Star Trek shows. That's not what bothers me... what bothers me is the other signs and markings on the hands. And why it is on the hands in the first place. Just a couple of weeks ago, I saw something disturbing regarding the Star of David.. so this is doing nothing but making me suspicious of Israelites....

This is stuff I've never heard of or seen before, so I'm disqualified of answering any question regarding it. But, you mentioned your suspicious of israelites. Why would you be?

I'll answer your question after I hear about this matter because I don't want to spawn a whole other conversation regarding the Star of David before this one is explained..

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This hand jester is very similar to what Spock used in the Star Trek shows.

I heard that Leonard Nemoy, who is a Jew, "borrowed" the hand gesture, long used by rabbis, in acting out his character.

I'm really worried about some Jewish traditions and symbols being inspired by freemasonry.

Hand gestures? This has freemasonry written all over it.

I'm really worried about some Jewish traditions and symbols being inspired by freemasonry.

Hand gestures? This has freemasonry written all over it.

From my understanding of freemasons,,,

They're steeped in traditions. Each tradition is borrowed from many different religions, philosophies, and creeds.

IMHO, I wouldn't be suspicious of Jewish tradition and symbols. If it's an ancient Jewish tradition, it's more likely that the masons stole it from them.

I shouldn't have said "inspired by freemasonry". What I meant is, occultic practices.. the Star of David for example, according to this website was brought to the promised land from the land of Egypt. It's an Egyptian symbol.

http://www.watch.pair.com/mark.html

Here is an excerpt:

Many Jews and Christians have been deceived by Jewish Kabbalists who would have them believe that the six-pointed star is a Jewish symbol. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is not a Jewish symbol, but an occult symbol. The six-pointed star is a hexagram - a curse mark - no matter what name it may have: the Star of David, Solomon's Seal, Double Triangle, Shield of David, etc. When the occult practitioner puts a curse on someone, he uses the hexagram!

It is not our goal to condemn the Jewish people, but to condemn the six-pointed star, a curse mark.

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record, that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. (Rev. 10:1,2)

But ye have born the tabernacle of your Moloch, and Chiun (Remphan) your images, the STAR OF YOUR GOD, which ye made to yourselves. (Amos 5:26-27)

It is our hope that,during the seven years of the Great Tribulation, the Lord will use this report to show the Jewish people that the six-pointed star is the mark of the beast; and that, with this understanding, many will reject the mark when it comes.

I will stand upon my watch and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I will answer when I am reproved. And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because IT WILL SURELY COME, it will not tarry. (Hab. 2:1-3)

Is this true?

And another one..

1. The 6-pointed star is not a Jewish symbol, but an Egyptian symbol which Israel adopted in the wilderness due to their apostasy

Acts 7:37-43 This is that Moses...to whom our fathers wold not obey, but thrust him from them, and IN THEIR HEARTS TURNED BACK AGAIN INTO EGYPT... And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifices unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands. Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the HOST OF HEAVEN: as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to Me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of FORTY YEARS IN THE WILDERNESS? Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the STAR OF YOUR GOD REMPHAN, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

Amos 5:26-27 But ye have born the tabernacle of your Moloch, and Chiun (Remphan) your images, the STAR OF YOUR GOD, which ye made to yourselves. Therefore, will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the Lord...

"The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia declares that the SIX-POINTED STAR...according to the Rosicrucians...was known to the ancient Egyptians." (Graham, p. 13)

source for the second excerpt http://www.watch.pair.com/mark2.html

Well, after reading a little from a couple websites it certainly appears that the Star of David originated in paganism.

Supposedly it comes from King Davids shield, maybe the shape or something. As for reference in the Bible there is none.

This is very interesting. Hand jestures too,,,, I think you may be on to something.

Guest shiloh357

Just what is this about?

The problem is that the image you submitted pertains to Kabbalah, and not Judaism proper. It is a Kaballistic interpretatin of the gesture.

The hand gesture is itself NOT Kabbalistic. The added sybmols and interpretation are.

Here is what you needed to know but the article did not provide:

The hand gesture is used by a "Kohen," someone who is of the priestly line. They have been using this gesture for thousands of Years and the Bible suggests that even Jesus used it. It was his first recorded act as High Priest just before ascending into Heaven.

At the end of any given synagogue service the priest raises his hands in the form of the letter Shin and recites the "Aaronic blessing" found in the book of Numbers. Read Number 6:24-26. The hand gesture was added later, but would have been a regular part of any synagogue service and Jesus would have seen it done every Sabbath.

The Bible suggests in Luke 24:50 that Jesus did this very thing, when it says He raised his hands and blessed them. To a Jewish person, they would recognize the combination of raising the hands and blessing as referring to the Aaronic blessing.

As for the Star of David being pagan, there is no real basis for that assertion.

There is NO archeological evidence of any pagan nations using the star. It has been said to have been used by the Egyptians, Babylonians, Assyrians, Hittites, and so forth. YET, no archeolocial evidence has to date, confirmed those assertions.

I would like for anyone to produce genuine Egyptological religious art that has the start of David as we know it. I would like to see them do the same thing with other pagan nations/religions from ancient times, IF they really think it is of ancient pagan sources.

This is really an old canard. It has yet to be substantiated with gunuine historical/archeological corroboration.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Nemoy is a kohane, and the hand "signal" of Spock is actually used by the kohanim during the duhain service.

In cemetaries you can tell the kohanim because the headstones will have the same two

hands posed in the preistly benediction on them. Leviim will have a pitcher on their headstones.

For some time I thought Nemoy made this up, even though I knew him to be Jewish but a Jewish friend gave me this explanation. Shiloh is right that is from Kabbalistic and should be avoided.