• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

I think it's important to find someone equally yoked. Nothing is better than having God at the center of a relationship.

South :emot-drool:

Guest LadyC

blien, i agree... it's dangerous to follow our emotions. i think what fez was meaning though, was that if you get a check in your spirit, it may be unwise.

but even that can be deceptive, which is why seeking God through prayer is so important!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Right LadyC. If you are living within the Spirit, as we all should be, and one feels something is wrong, it probably is.

That would always be my initial reaction to a situation. Does it feel right or wrong. Either way I would then pray about it. If it still felt wrong, well it probably is. If it feels right it probably is.

But Hey, I'm only human and sometimes temptation just feels right, not so? :emot-drool: Arggg....I'm so weak sometimes! :sad030:

Guest LadyC

and there ya go... as humans, sometimes our emotions get in the way and make us think that the "check in our spirit" is the spirit of God... even in the case of something feeling wrong. i've been in that situation, walking with God, feeling something was wrong, but it wasn't God telling me that, it was how i'd been conditioned by our culture to think! i was so convinced that it was God telling me it was wrong, and it was breaking my heart! and then i prayed, prayed, prayed, and delved into the Bible, and immediately God started revealing things in scripture that contradicted my "cultural brainwashing".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Would you date someone who was married and has a child? The child is 15 months old, Fyi... think about this question though, if you've never been married. Because I haven't! And to me.. this seems like something that would not please God. Yet when I asked in prayer for God to deliver me a companion, well... she showed up. And she has made it known she likes me. (I'm turning 27 btw)

[/quote

i didnt read threough all the posts so i just respond to the first one.

Do you like her ? is she nice ? date her. its just a date its not like you are getting married or anything. It will be fun and it is good to have friends i think people worry to much about dating like its all this serious thing think of it more like hanging out together and date , i think its good to date alot there are a lot of people out there who are lonely and dont feel like they are of any value at least if you date them they will see that they are indeed valuable.

I would guess this girl probably isnt feeling very valuable right now and she is going to date someone might as well be someone who can be a good influence on her.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Does she believe in God?

If she doesn't, what are her thoughts on the subject?

If she flat out rejects it, I would think twice about having any kind of emotional relationship with her.....at this time.

Just a thought.

Yes she is a believer. One of our first conversations she shared a worship song with me and asked what I thought about it. Though she may have known I was a believer too. I dont know the depth of her relationship with God - I'll find out soon.

But Hey, I'm only human and sometimes temptation just feels right, not so? :emot-drool: Arggg....I'm so weak sometimes! :sad030:

You and I man, LOL...

Would you date someone who was married and has a child? The child is 15 months old, Fyi... think about this question though, if you've never been married. Because I haven't! And to me.. this seems like something that would not please God. Yet when I asked in prayer for God to deliver me a companion, well... she showed up. And she has made it known she likes me. (I'm turning 27 btw)

i didnt read threough all the posts so i just respond to the first one.

Do you like her ? is she nice ? date her. its just a date its not like you are getting married or anything. It will be fun and it is good to have friends i think people worry to much about dating like its all this serious thing think of it more like hanging out together and date , i think its good to date alot there are a lot of people out there who are lonely and dont feel like they are of any value at least if you date them they will see that they are indeed valuable.

I would guess this girl probably isnt feeling very valuable right now and she is going to date someone might as well be someone who can be a good influence on her.

Thanks for your comments bro. You are absolutely right. I think she is feeling a little down right now and seems to like me most because of my faith in God which is great!

I'm not one of those people who are so strict on dating people either - that's how you know someone right? I wont let it go overboard and will control myself and my desires by Gods strength. But what worried me is that since she is divorced, will God get upset if I date her and then possibly consider marriage later?

I only date to meet someone and consider them for marriage, there is no other reason why I date.

Though at one point in my life I was dating for the dating experience which God corrected me for with a heavy hand. He also let me know how it felt to be the person on the other side. Bad way to go. It hurt. Big time.

• Thumbs Up 1

So we are going out tomorrow (yes on a date! Wahoo!!). If you are willing, Please pray that all goes well, and that if she was truly sent by God (as an answer to my prayers) that I know it immediately and that she knows it as well. :emot-drool:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, Thanks for all your comments and advice I truly appreciate it! :sad030:

• Thumbs Up 1

Just incase you gues were wondering.. the date was awesome! Better than I could have expected it to be and she is soooooo sweet! I really didn't expect any of this! I got home at 3:20am and I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night because I was thinking about her. Then on Sunday she called me around noon when I was with a friend about to get sushi. She wanted to see me so badly before she left. So we went out again and got sushi (my friend graciously steped back even though I invted him).. and then I drove her around to her pickup location where her Aunt was going to take her. Then at 8:30 she told me she didn't want to leave without seeing me so to hurry up and come to her because the bus leaves at 9 from the terminal. Well.. I couldn't get there by then because I was at home (far away from downtown) and not dressed or anything. So she took the midnight bus back to Montreal after we hung out and played cards and such. It was awesome. She didn't sleep saturday night either..

Thanks for you prayers!! :emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 1