turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

I have a deep affection for Messianic Jews. I even feel a particularly strong connection to them. I know this may be strictly spiritual. Afterall, Yeshua was Jewish. ( But my dad never knew his father. His mom had not married his father and they parted ways before his birth. Thus, I have no clue of my dad's full ethnic heritage. So there are times I feel I may possibly actually have Jewish blood in me. I've been told I physically look like I am Jewish. I notice it myself. And I wonder...) But here is my question. It seems there are many Messianic Jews at this time in history. Could this be a sign that Yeshua will return soon? Does Scripture prophecy of such an event preceding His Second Coming? All thoughts on this are welcome. But I would especially enjoy hearing the input of the Messianic Jews out there...I eagerly await your replies to my topic posting on this forum.

( P.S. Also- You, and of course any brothers/sisters who wish to pm me are welcome to. But I am itching to meet some Messianic Jews because I never have throughout my lifetime ...)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I'm not a Messianic Jew by any means but I do think that in the times toward the end of this age more folks will be returning to the root of the scriptures, that many Jews will turn to the knowledge of Yeshua as their Messiah. And yes I do believe it is one sign of the second coming.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I attend a Messianic Jewish congregation.

Our pastor says that there is a prophecy in the Talmud: that if the Goyim (Gentiles) start studying the Torah, Moschiach will return soon.

Our congregation studies the Torah regularly, and meet on Monday nights to midrash (discuss) it.

We also keep the Feasts, the most important of which is the Shabbat, or Sabbath. We don't go overboard with it, like the Orthodox do, but we also are not what is commonly termed "Torah Terrorists" either.

Hope that answers some of your questions. If you have more, PM me and I will be happy to answer more.

a.

.... But I am itching to meet some Messianic Jews because I never have throughout my lifetime ....

Google - Pray - God Answers His Daughters Prayers You Know!

And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Ezekiel 37:13-14

Praying!

Turletwo,

that is a very astute observation on your part and, yes, the scriptures do speak of this time in many places

Romans 11:12-15 comes to mind first but there are other places that speak about a time when the nations (goyim = gentiles) would be a blessing to the jewish people. Since that would be a MAJOR miracle, it is spoken of in Zechariah 8 especially the last verse of that chapter

Isaiah 60 speaks of a time when all the nations would come unto Jerusalem, "the City of Peace" and in verse 14 it speaks about all who have despised Israel shall bow down and call her "the City of the Lord, Zion of the Holy One of Israel"

Matthew 25:31-46 and Joel 3 speak of the judgement of the gentiles who would come against His brethren.

Yeshua told the Pharisees that they wouldn't see Him again until they say, "Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord" and so many jewish people in Israel (and worldwide) are doing that in these, the final days.

So rejoice and lift up your eyes for your redemption draweth nigh!

Oops. I think I goofed because this topic should have been posted under the prophecy forum. I apologize for stupidly posting it here. I don't actually think it fits under controversial. So if anyone who has the means of moving the topic over to prophecy wants to, feel free. ( I can be such a nincompoop (sp?)sometimes! :amen: Sorry to anyone I offended by placing it under the wrong forum...I mess up a lot. I am what I'd call a computer dum dum.) :24: I respect Messianic Jews so much and find end time events fascinating... God bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Oops. I think I goofed because this topic should have been posted under the prophecy forum. I apologize for stupidly posting it here. I don't actually think it fits under controversial. So if anyone who has the means of moving the topic over to prophecy wants to, feel free. ( I can be such a nincompoop (sp?)sometimes! :amen: Sorry to anyone I offended by placing it under the wrong forum...I mess up a lot. I am what I'd call a computer dum dum.) :24: I respect Messianic Jews so much and find end time events fascinating... God bless.

Actually, you did OK, because the controversy is really over a teaching in Messianic Judaism called 2-house. BTW, that teaching that is so controversial is in practically every book of the Bible.

a.

The OP simply asked if a noticable remnant of jewish people coming to faith in their Messiah Yeshua means anything in the prophetic scheme of things.

She was asking if there were any scriptures that spoke about this time and that has nothing to do with the debate about whether God means what He says only to the people He is talking to or to everyone everywhere and forever...hhmmm....or does it?

Either way, the Torah and 2-House stuff are legitimate topics for debate but not the topic of this thread.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Regarding the question about Jewish believers and prophecy, I'd definitely say that is a sign. The non-Jews (although Jews have indirectly enjoyed the blessings as well) have enjoyed the blessings of Messiah's reign for 2000+ years now (fulfilling the prophecy of Rev 20 of the thousands of years of Christ's influence). Paul I believe states that at one point, Jews will begin to believe on Messiah. There has definitely been a revival of interest amongst the Jewish people in things Messianic and a looking for Messiah again, where as in years past the Jews had lapsed into what appears to be one of two or three large camps:

1. Total apostasy/atheism/humanism

2. Rabbinic Judaism

3. Agnosticism/cultural Jewishness (pushing the more religious aspects of Judaism off to the side)

A fourth smaller camp are the Messianic believers, Jews like many believers here who have kept their ethnic roots, their ceremonies and feasts and espouse belief in Yeshua as the Messiah.

I personally try not to make distinctions between 'Christians' and 'Messianic believers' because Scripture tells us that there IS NO DISTINCTION. If you believe in Jesus as Messiah, you're a Believer...period.

BTW, since this is a thread which Jewish believers will visit, please refrain from using the Tetragrammatron, as Jewish people in general consider it a violation of the commandment not to use The Name in vain, and thus a sin.

The OP simply asked if a noticable remnant of jewish people coming to faith in their Messiah Yeshua means anything in the prophetic scheme of things.

She was asking if there were any scriptures that spoke about this time and that has nothing to do with the debate

Thanks Yod for trying to clarify my intent. Yod is correct. I don't know how my topic ended up going in this direction. And to be honest... this new debate is going over my head. ( I have a chronic neurological illness which unfortunately affects how deeply I can grasp things anymore. ) So simplicity is always very :laugh: appreciated. Could we possibly just stick to my actual question? Which was simply if the increasing number of Jewish people recieving Yeshua as their Messiah today was foretold in Scripture as a sign of His Second Coming. I was hoping that someone could share Old Testament Scriptures pertaining specifically to that. To those of you who sought to help me, thanks. To those of you who sought to use my topic as a springing board for a new topic...I wish you would just have posted that as your own new topic. But it's okay. No hard feelings. :whistling: I am just a lady with a painful and disabling disease ( no cure ) who eagerly awaits the return of Yeshua, my Messiah. I look for signs to bring me hope that perhaps it shall be soon. And I believe Messianic Jews know the Old Testament prophecies in a unique way that many Gentiles don't. So I was appealing to their knowledge of the Old Testament prophetic Scriptures...Thanks everyone. :blink: