• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Generally, I listen to tapes that I've recorded off as I don't want to take a chance of finding carp on the radio. When I do listen to the radio, it's a toss-up between Christian talk (640 WCRV in Memphis, TN), classic country, or easy listening (Ray Charles, Dean Martin, Englebert Humperdick (sp?), Floyd Cramer, etc.). We have several classic country stations on AM and a good "easy" station on FM. The easy station isn't that overly "easy" as you can see as they also play the likes of Willie Nelson, Neil Diamond, etc. It's nothing hard; just good, clean music.

The southern gospel station in this area is a joke. They consistently play the same old songs over and over, some of which they've been playing for several years (nothing new at all) and many times a song will stop mid-way or they'll run two songs at the same time! :oww: On Sunday mornings, the FM country station that this particular group owns has a DJ (Tommy MacDonald) whose son sings with the Florida Boys, but he is like 70 or 80 something years old and tends to get very nerve racking, but he does play some good stuff!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,296
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1989

I despise commercials.

I do too! I hate them!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/22/1983

Generally, I listen to tapes that I've recorded off as I don't want to take a chance of finding carp on the radio.

seriously!!! those darn fish are relentless!!!!! :laugh:

(tehe...i know, i know why you put that, but i couldn't resist) :t2:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

here at home in south GA, we just got a decent christian station as of last summer ("95.3 the hook").  a good bit of the time when i'm in my car, i'll listen to that station.  sometimes they play stuff that i like. 

up at school, the only christian station ("104.7 the fish", out of atlanta) plays a lot of ccm that i can't stand.  plus, i've only heard the name of Jesus spoken once on that station, not even by a regular dj, when they were raising money for some cause.  99.423% of the time that i'm at school, i listen to CDs in the car.

every once in a while, i flip around to see what's on secular stations.

Pamjane, Here's a link to a list of good, solid bible-teaching and music of praise and worship stations in the state of Georgia. I hope that one comes in clear where you are at. There are several that seem to blanket the state.

Blessings...

I listen to WORD FM and it's the only Christian station in Pittsburgh. I listen for the preaching - I don't like the contemporary music on the weekends. On weekends I play my own Christian music.

Boldly, Here's a link for good stations in PA. I would think that one would come in well in Pittsburgh seeing that it is the major city. Check out the link and see if any come in clear.

Blessings...

Anyone else who seems to be having trouble finding a good Christian station in their area can click this link and then select their state to see if a CSN is in the area. These are 100% Christ-centered, no worldliness, radio stations.

Blesssings...

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I pretty much don't listen to the radio at all. The only Christian station around here is pretty lame. They play stuff from like 1980. I just listen to my Christian cd's. I very seldom listen to anything secular with the exception of a little Backstreet Boys (yes, I am admitting that) or Elvis. That is pretty rare though!

Guest Called

I voted that I only listen to Christian music only, however most of the time I listen to my CD's. :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

We get 3 or 4 Christian stations out of Spokane, WA. None of them come in very good here in Northern Idaho, so my husband decided to get satellite radio for his van. The two Christian stations they have rarely played songs we had ever heard of before. They have some comedy stations too, right next two each other, one was family comedy and sometimes we really laughed, but then other times their humor was questionable. The station right next to it was down right nasty! We no longer have the satellite. We listen to the Christian stations when we can, and listen to CDs as well.

My daughter likes a station that plays classic soft rock that is supposed to be family friendly, 'we won't embarrass you in front of your coworkers and your children'. Somehow they manage to play questionable songs anyway. Somehow I don't think Maggie May by Rod Stewart is a good song for kids to hear, and there are others as well.

I do like to listen to country once in a great while, but find myself getting depressed or thinking about sex with someone I am not married to if I listen to that too often.

I like listening to the 'oldies' station too, but not too much, because of the same reason I don't listen to a lot of country music.

Remember when 'oldies' meant music from the sixties? :blink:

Edited by stilllearnin'

Guest Dan4Jesus

I prefer to listen to CDs, myself. But on occasion I like to listen to 105.1 WAVA. It is a Christian talk station featuring the likes of James Dobson, Charles Stanley, Beth Moore, and Chip Ingram to name a few.