IGNORED

WHO is "Israel"..??

Doowopjock

Guest shiloh357
Shiloh, the Targum of Jonathan says
And the sons of Israel moved forth from Pilusin towards Succoth, a hundred and thirty thousand, protected there by seven clouds of glory on their four sides: one above them, that neither hail nor rain might fall upon them, nor that they should be burned by the heat of the sun; one beneath them, that they might not be hurt by thorns, serpents, or scorpions; and one went before them, to make the valleys even, and the mountains low, and to prepare them a place of habitation. And they were about six hundred thousand men, journeying on foot, none riding on horses except the children five to every man; and a multitude of strangers, [JERUSALEM. A mixed multitude,] two hundred and forty myriads, went up with them, and sheep, and oxen, and cattle, very many.

How many is two hundred and forty myriads? :thumbsup::emot-highfive:

Well a targum is a paraphrase and I find paraphrases to be of limited value. A myriad is 10,000. So, 10,000 x 240 = 2,400,000 Now the Bible tells us that there were 600,000 male Israelites, plus women and chldren. It is not likely that nearly two and one half million Egyptians left with roughly 3 Million Israelites. A few thousand perhaps as result of intermarriage, but not millions.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see it as really being that many.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he is not just our Master, He is our Father also.

He also our redeemer, creator, sustainer, teacher, friend, etc....

Yes, Father and Master can be interchangable when speaking about God

and this distinction matters because.....?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

These are very important questions for understanding the Word of God and His plan for world redemption.

These are just things I wonder about is all:

WHO is Israel..??

Like so many words in the english language, the word "Israel" has multiple definitions. Sometimes it is easier to define what it is "not"

It is not the church. it is not gentiles. It is not christians.

We are, however, fully joined to Israel and become equally a part of Israel through being the commonwealth of Israel. The point being that we can not be "joined" to ourself though we are included.

Has the world correctly identified it as the nation at the Eastern end of the Mediterrainean or could it be that Jesus's words in Matt. 21:43 are literal..??

Lets take a look at that verse in context:

43"Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed."

45When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus' parables, they knew he was talking about them. 46 They looked for a way to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowd because the people held that he was a prophet.

Did you see that? Yeshua is speaking specifically to the religious authorities who were acting in opposition to the jewish people. He would be taking away their authority over the people.

It didn't catch God by surprise that Yeshua would be rejected by His own because this was how the gospel would go to the nations. The verses preceding this one says:

42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:

" 'The stone the builders rejected

has become the capstone;

the Lord has done this,

and it is marvelous in our eyes'?

IF so, who brings forth the fruits of the kingdom taken away..??

Those who live by faith instead of following the oral law of the Pharisees.

Very good answer Yod.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Caleb was THE prince to represent Judah among the 12 chosen to go up and spy the land. He was the son of a Kennizite which was one of the peoples God wanted driven out of Canaan.

Oh wow, I never caught that before. Thanks for pointing this out. :noidea:

This is the best picture of how we, goyim/gentiles, should respond to our place among His chosen people. We are servants of the Lord most High. We should support His plan of redemption and that means we also have His burden for the sons of Jacob.

Sweet!

We are Caleb . . . .

I sure wish I could write songs.....