Metadyjital

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hey looking for some biblical examples of people who had to get rid of their old crowd because their old friends were keeping them from God

Old or New testament examples would be great

Thanks alot!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

2 Timothy 2:15

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Romans 12:1-2

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

just to mention a few ...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

First comes to mind is:

1Cr 15:33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." -NIV

1Cr 15:33 Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals." -NASB

1Cr 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.-KJV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pro 13:20 He that walketh with wise [men] shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane [and] vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Ecc 7:5 [it is] better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few other Scriptures to think on;

Psa 14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

Psa 14:5 There they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous.

Psa 14:6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor, but the Lord is their refuge.

Pro 21:16 A man who strays from the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead.

Pro 21:21 He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.

1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls [to him] in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

~~~~~

I am sure there is more. But, off hand I don't recall at the moment , I would have to think about it and read a bit to recall.

However, it is well advised to let go of those who are not meant to be in your life and bring bad things into it. If we ask of the Lord He will guide us into righteousness and help us to know whom to or not to associate with in our lives. We can tell also by how people live .

We are to avoid even the appearance of evil.

Might do a Bible search on http://www.blueletterbible.com or another online.

Best to you,

elkie

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

First comes to mind is:

1Cr 15:33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." -NIV

1Cr 15:33 Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals." -NASB

1Cr 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.-KJV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pro 13:20 He that walketh with wise [men] shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane [and] vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Ecc 7:5 [it is] better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few other Scriptures to think on;

Psa 14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

Psa 14:5 There they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous.

Psa 14:6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor, but the Lord is their refuge.

Pro 21:16 A man who strays from the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead.

Pro 21:21 He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.

1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls [to him] in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

~~~~~

I am sure there is more. But, off hand I don't recall at the moment , I would have to think about it and read a bit to recall.

However, it is well advised to let go of those who are not meant to be in your life and bring bad things into it. If we ask of the Lord He will guide us into righteousness and help us to know whom to or not to associate with in our lives. We can tell also by how people live .

We are to avoid even the appearance of evil.

Might do a Bible search on http://www. blueletterbible.com or another online.

Best to you,

elkie

not bad so far - thanks!!!

Hey looking for some biblical examples of people who had to get rid of their old crowd because their old friends were keeping them from God

Old or New testament examples would be great

Thanks alot!!

Hi Metadyjital,

You are very welcome for the Scriptures I posted to you earlier and I hope they proved helpful.

I know they are to me.

Well, for examples of persons in the Bible who did leave bad crowds/ ways of life, for new lives in Christ; look into reading the New Testament.

Matthew was a tax collector; he left his life he had to follow Christ. Jesus came to his home and it changed his life!

All the Apostles left their previous lives for Christ.

We look at Paul's life. He was one who killed/ persecuted Christians. Yet, he came to believe in Jesus and serve Him. Obviously, by the way he was living, before he knew the Lord and was saved in the Lord; the things he was doing, he would of been in a very bad crowd.

Yet, look how he served the Lord with the rest of his earthly life after he was a new creature in Christ!

What about Mary Magdalene?

She left a bad group behind her and a sinful way of life for the love of Jesus Christ our Lord and Only Saviour.

She found what real love was instead of the sinful ways of death, pain, and lustful exploitation of her body, sold out for money; she found true Love in Jesus Love for her and the ways of life in Jesus. He was her Healer and Love of her life and the Apostles lives; as HE should be ours. She obviously left behind those users in her life and became one who stayed with Jesus Mother, Mary and the other believers.

The Lord shows us what real love is and real friendship. He sticks closer than a brother, as the Bible says.

How beautiful that the Lord calls us friend.

In the Old Testament we find God separated Israel and made a nation of people to serve Him and to learn His Commandments. God set them apart in the things they were to do and not to do that we done by other peoples of their time that were offensive to the God of Life.

...whatever is not from faith is sin*

Blessings,

elkie

Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin. -KJV

Rom 14:23 But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin. -NIV

Rom 14:23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because {his eating is} not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin. -NASB

Have you already seen the scrolling video on this site?

I sure liked it a lot.

http://www.fathersloveletter.com

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

blessings,

i think this passage has several verses concerning it:

Ephesians 5

1Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

2And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

3But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

4Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

5For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

7Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

8For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

9(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

10Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

12For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

13But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

14Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

16Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

17Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

19Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

20Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

21Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Meta,

Looks like the other posters have given you great scriptures. I just wanted to pass on what I heard a pastor say to the youth . . . Show me your friends, and I'll show you your future.

Blessings.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Meta,

Looks like the other posters have given you great scriptures. I just wanted to pass on what I heard a pastor say to the youth . . . Show me your friends, and I'll show you your future.

Blessings.

THAT is profound and so true, Creed. I've been so blessed in my life - I have had such wonderful friends and my kid's friends were, for the most part, just great. They still keep in touch.

Ecclesiastes 4:10

If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!