IGNORED

Why Faith VS. Science, and not Faith AND Science?

WolfBitn

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The first one was great! I know there are quite a few religious references in there (I think to some names in the Bible). Do you know about it? And if so, could you tell me what they are? I've always wanted to know haha. I think they used Neo as a reference to Jesus and I think if he wore sunglasses and a leather jacket all the time, that'd be pretty sweet :emot-highfive:

Sorry to play "Mr. Reason", but they didn't have sunglasses and leather jackets back then.

Anyway -

I could answer your question in a couple of boring sentences, or you can read about it at the following link, which is a lot more stimulating:

http://hollywoodjesus.com/matrix.htm

I know. The mental image of it just makes me laugh. That's what Family Guy will do to you.

Matrix

In the movie, Neo makes war against the agents and wins in the end. In the 3rd movie it appears this victory cost him his life

In much the same way Christ's victory cost HIS life, but He picked it up again. Jesus is returning and when He returns theres not even going to be the appearance of anyone fighting back, the destruction will be so great.

I would be interested in going over some of the prophecies with you and my philosophieson prophecy. I think youd find it fascinating.

My belief isnt a blind faith, i have much reason to believe as i do. My faith is bolstered by experience... by seeing the dark side and the right side. My dad was a satanist and i can tell you evil is real... and bold and destructive. God however gives evil free reign to a degree until His proper time... he allows us to make our own decisions and carry them to the end result. Ive seen both powers at work in ways you can see and feel and touch

As for science, it truly only bolsters faith... it backs the word completely. with nothing wanting. When standing on God, His word is sure and steady... a firm strong foundation that cant and wont be shaken... i feel you to be a pretty honest person Matrix... i have faith that an honest look will cause you to rethink.

God bless

Eric

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... Is your hypothesis that "God did it" falsifiable?....

Not Even The Blind Will Do It

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

2 Corinthians 4:4-5

For His Eternal Light

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

John 3:17-20

Trumps Dark

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 3:21

Trust Jesus

Love, Joe

I want to know why this isnt considered and looked into and i want to know why the bias if science is unbias?

Science has dont nothing but PROVE the bible true in records of geology and such, so we have huge mounting evidence yet atheists discard it with great bias... i'd like to ehar a reasonable explanation why, and nim just not getting it

Is your hypothesis that "God did it" falsifiable?

Of course it is, otherwise it wouldnt be a valid theory. its completely testable, theres been more side issue tests done for it than for string theory itself, and it is also directly testable in a time sensitive way

Do you have anything even close to this in a theory without God? ...im afraid not my friend, but i'll let you tell me

Also if we were to take a poll, youd prolly find very few believe the earth to be 6000 yrs old... i dont personally know a single christian that believes this and i know several hundred

Besides, its not what believers say that matter in this issue, its what the bible itself says, and it makes every claim ive thus far stated that it does

I want to know why this isnt considered and looked into and i want to know why the bias if science is unbias?

Science has dont nothing but PROVE the bible true in records of geology and such, so we have huge mounting evidence yet atheists discard it with great bias... i'd like to ehar a reasonable explanation why, and nim just not getting it

Of course it is, otherwise it wouldnt be a valid theory. its completely testable, theres been more side issue tests done for it than for string theory itself, and it is also directly testable in a time sensitive way

Do you have anything even close to this in a theory without God? ...im afraid not my friend, but i'll let you tell me

Also if we were to take a poll, youd prolly find very few believe the earth to be 6000 yrs old... i dont personally know a single christian that believes this and i know several hundred

Besides, its not what believers say that matter in this issue, its what the bible itself says, and it makes every claim ive thus far stated that it does

Ok then, so if it is falsifiable, what test/evidence would show that God didn't do it?

If He fails to do it again it would surely prove Him wrong.

But... i have much more evidence proving He did... AND ill put it on the table... i just want to establish first that its going to be the ONLY thing on the table... you have my stand right up front. Whats yours? what are you going to put on the table?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/07/1967

Well you got my attention Wolf. Let's have look.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Since God created science you'd think there wouldn't be much of a conflict. That comes from those that try to use science to advance their atheistic agenda. It will never work but......that won't stop those that work for another master from trying. :b:

:P:wub::P

Those that don't believe in the God that created them will never have the Truth...... regardless of how many years are spent banging their heads against the wall of delusion. :emot-questioned:

Way to go MorningGlory. :41:

I don't know if it can be said any better than that.

:emot-hug::wub::emot-hug:

To quote Elvis Presley..."Thank you, Thank you very much!" :cool:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

As for the earth, almost no christians believe the world is 6000 years old, this is hype and propaganda meant to belittle us. Just as there are scientists with some crank ideas, there are Christians, very few, who believe the earth to be 6000 years old. Not only is this just plain wrong, it certainly isnt what the bible teaches at all. The bible shows a very ancient age in many places. It shows cycles of life and destruction even declaring it in the hebrew, just as geology and fossile evidence has taught us... It shows creation, then being laid waste and destroyed, life renewing, the atmosphere clearing, life beginning in the seas, birds coming forth from the sea life and so much more... you really should give it serious consideration

A great number of Christians believe the world is 6000 years old, you'll find plenty here on this forum.

Yes, you will, but there are many of us that believe the earth is quite old but that our act on the world stage started 6000 years ago.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The name of this sub-forum, Faith vs. Science, is very unfortunate. It implies that to be a Christian is to reject science, which is not the truth (even if many Christians do reject some/much science).

Ok then, so if it is falsifiable, what test/evidence would show that God didn't do it?

If He fails to do it again it would surely prove Him wrong.

But... i have much more evidence proving He did... AND ill put it on the table... i just want to establish first that its going to be the ONLY thing on the table... you have my stand right up front. Whats yours? what are you going to put on the table?

That isn't a falsifiable test or evidence, that is simply evasion. It is like citing a prophecy that hasn't been fulfilled as proof of a prophet's ability to foresee future events.

The table is yours. Put your hypothesis and evidence on it and lets take an open and honest look at it and see if it matches what we see in the universe.

No no Negative Cool...

Im not evading a thing, im making sure the point that science HAS no valid falsifiable theory doesnt evade us first, so if you have anything other than string theory, thats ridiculed by scientists themselves saying its not even a valid theory, lay it on the table now... if not lets just agree to this and ill move on

i believe youre taking me wrong, and yes i do have falsifiable tests to set before you and yes i WILL certainly do so... never fear and no worries... i am just ESTABLISHING the fact that you have not 1 single falsifiable piece of anything to set on the table showing what put the bang into the big bang.... not 1

As soon as you verify this is the truth, OR set YOUR theory on the table (youve got mine already) then I WILL go first and begin laying my case before you and you can lay yours before me

All i need is your approval of this statement "IF "God created the heavens and the earth" proves to be a valid theory, it will remain the ONLY true theory by definition on the table."

Approve it or set your theory on the table and ill go first no hesitation hows that?

Edited by WolfBitn

I have to admit, I would like to see what "falsifiable" test or evidence anyone would use to show that God didn't do it?

I would like to see what "falsifiable" test or evidence anyone would use to show that Brahma/Alla/a pink alligator didn't do it.

My challenge stands...

Edited by WolfBitn