~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I support cremation. I either want to be cremated or have a natural burial...in the very far, far future...not any time soon!! :blink:

:noidea: Never mind me hillsong_girl,

I just thought it was interesting in your use of the word "natural"

blessings

oc

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think a natural burial means without the embalming fluid. It may mean without the expensive casket, too, but I'm not positive.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think a natural burial means without the embalming fluid. It may mean without the expensive casket, too, but I'm not positive.

You would be correct. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I like the natural burial also.

I also like home burials on your own land.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

How about funerals?

I thought those were family reunions. :laugh::huh::noidea::emot-hug:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I thought those were family reunions. :laugh::huh::noidea::emot-hug:

:P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/29/1966

It is Hot.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I like the natural burial also.

I also like home burials on your own land.

:emot-hug:

oc

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I thought those were family reunions. :blink::blink::laugh::emot-hug:

:40:

:24::24::24: Funny but sad as well! I have been to a few of those.

No, I get your point. I just don't see how one's body is taken care of as being symbolic of anything. I don't see people getting a message out of the burial.

You may not, but I do. Someone else may say that they don't understand how a person being submerged in water can be symbolic of the death of the old man and resurrection of the new man, but that doesn't make them right, just because they can't understand it. I have already explained the symbolism. I even agreed with a portion of an article someone else posted that made the same point. Many of us do see the symbolism in a proper Christian burial, just like there are some atheists that see the symbolism in choosing cremation.

Butero, with all due respect, I have a problem with comparing what to do with your dead body too baptism.

Baptism is commanded.

Burial is not.

~~

By the way - do you believe Joseph sinned by having his father Jacob embalmed after the fashion of the Egyptians?

Genesis 50

The point I was making was the importance of sending the correct message through symbolism. I could just as easily have chosen the symbolism in the Lord's Supper. We partake of the bread and wine in memory of the Lord's body and blood. Someone could decide they don't like bread and wine and choose something entirely differen't to commemorate the Lord's finished work on the cross, and by doing that, the message is lost. Since partaking of the Lord's supper is a command as well, let's look at something that isn't. Let's take a manger scene. We set them up to show the world we believe in Christ. Some however turn them into something secular by placing Santa Claus at the manger and other secular things to show that they celebrate the holiday of Christmas, but don't take that whole Jesus thing serious. It all has to do with conveying our faith or lack of faith by what we do.

And no, I don't believe Joseph sinned by having his Father Jacob embalmed. If anything, there was symbolism used here. Jacob desired to be buried in Canaan, because he believed God's promise that it would be future Israel. Joseph also desired to have his bones buried in Canaan after the Jews moved there. That was symbolic of his faith that God would give them the land promised to Abraham. A person who is embalmed is still buried. In addition, I am not claiming that cremation is a sin. What I am saying is that it is sending the wrong signal to others about what we believe.

Well I am glad we got that straight. Burial is symbolic, but not required by any scripture, written or implied, and cremation is not a sin.

Breaking Bread however is scriptural and very symbolic, as Jesus made it so. And if a church uses grape juice instead of wine, because it has recovering alcoholics in it's congregation, I don't think it matters a jot. Jesus knows the heart of the person breaking bread, and that is what counts the most to Him. ( I have refused the bread and wine before because I knew at that time my heart was not in the right place, and Jesus understands that as well - rather denial to self than hypocricy)

Mat 26:26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is my body."

Mat 26:27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you,

Mat 26:28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

And as to the last sentence of your quote, please do not make a general statement in that you use the word we, please rather substitute it for "what I believe", because I believe that I no longer live under the law, I live under the grace and favor of Christ, and how He receives my soul has nothing to do with if I was stuffed, planted, copped and diced, or burned.

Because He loves me you see.

Blessings

I stand by what I said. The statement I was making is that our actions send messages to others. Obviously our actions will not all be the same. I might choose burial and you might choose cremation. You are sending a message to others, whether you intend to or not. In addtion, we were not discussing whether or not we are living under law or grace. We were discussing whether or not a Christian should be cremated when they die? Obviously, some believe it is ok, and others do not. You are correct in stating that this is not a direct commandment of God. I have never said it was. Even some of the others that agree with me about burial being preferable have their own reasons for coming to that conclusion.

By the way, you may believe that you can do anything to your body without consequence, and that is fine, but I dissagree.

1 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may recieve the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Corinthians 3:16,17 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

I think people are perverting the "grace" message in the Bible to the point where they literally believe they can live any way they desire and remain saved, simply because they believe Jesus is the Son of God. There are a lot of people who are going to be in for a rude awakening come judgment day. I am not saying that to scare people with regard to cremation. The Bible never addresses the subject directly, so I am not going to say having your body burned will cost you your soul. What I am saying is that there is a false grace message being preached today, and that the Bible never teaches you can live in sin and go to heaven. What it teaches is that those who are saved will see a change in their lives as a result of their faith. If there is no change, then that is a sign they are not right with God. In other words, they are living after the flesh rather than walking in the Spirit.