IGNORED

Coincidence or Gods Plan?

Fez

The

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Psalms 8:4

Wonder

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:8

Of His Love

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1 John 3:1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

We are given a choice.Once you believe in God and Jesus with all your heart then the choices from that point onwards are His.

Blessings

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Predestination No!, Coincidence...hmmm I don't really know. Because what about accidents? Your kid leaves their skate board in the driveway, you come home, step on it and fall on your butt. Where does something like that fit in? Somewhere between coincidence and accident? We can take it a bit further and start talking about chaos now.

The first law of chaos is that "without chaos there cannot be change, and without change there cannot be progress". So it is chaos to us, but it is really part of the Lord's plan that we just don't see?

I am not trying to start an argument here, just sort of thinking.... Which is unusual :wub:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Your kid leaves their skate board in the driveway, you come home, step on it and fall on your butt. Where does something like that fit in? Somewhere between coincidence and accident?

Well, that's just the consequences of man's (sinful) free will decisions...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Ok now we are getting somewhere! Therefore it must stand that some things we put down to God's plan, could be actually be a coincidental effect of us not listening to or hearing Him? And some bad things that happen are actually all about us, and we might be blind to a wrong decison that we might have made some time back that has come back to haunt us?

Ok now we are getting somewhere! Therefore it must stand that some things we put down to God's plan, could be actually be a coincidental effect of us not listening to or hearing Him? And some bad things that happen are actually all about us, and we might be blind to a wrong decison that we might have made some time back that has come back to haunt us?

I don't think we credit ourselves for how much our bad situations are a result of our own poor choices.

Guest HIS girl
I have not looked for past post on this, but what do you think of coincidence? Do you believe there is such a thing, or are all things working towards Gods plan?

I posted a topic about coincidence a few years back - as a Christian, I now do not believe in coincidences.

I do however believe in opportunities/missed opportunities..

I will find that thread for you if you want Fez.(a lot of folks put in their thoughts and it was very interesting).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

God has ordained everything.

Everything that God has ordained for us as believers is for our good and His glory. What a wonderful thought :wub:

So no there are no coincidences. If you were arguing for coincidences where would you draw the line? Ultimately it would lead to denying God's sovereignty.

I guess a related question could be asked. Supposed that something that appears to be a blessing comes your way. Do you take it as a co-incidence, or His Will? Say for example, you got a wonderful job offer. You didn't pray for it, but you were "in the right place at the right time" and this offer came up. You have previously sought after God in all decisions regarding your career. The two schools of thought are that God is either blessing you, or it is a distraction and not of Him. Does God's will sometimes appear to arise out of co-incidental circumstances?

Random thoughts from Aussie Andy :).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

I guess a related question could be asked. Supposed that something that appears to be a blessing comes your way. Do you take it as a co-incidence, or His Will? Say for example, you got a wonderful job offer. You didn't pray for it, but you were "in the right place at the right time" and this offer came up. You have previously sought after God in all decisions regarding your career. The two schools of thought are that God is either blessing you, or it is a distraction and not of Him. Does God's will sometimes appear to arise out of co-incidental circumstances?

Random thoughts from Aussie Andy :).

Hmm... Your random thoughts are confusing me (although it's probably because it's late...)

God's will happens outside our prayers. We don't control God with our prayers (although some people like to preach that we do) He leads us to pray for things but He is still sovereign!

And suffering is in God's purpose for many of us too, even if we don't pray for it!

What do you mean " or it is a distraction and not of Him."? Sorry I am getting really confused on these forums tonight!