• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/21/1981

Rephrase: Why could he not make us all perfect? God is perfect and we were created in His image so why are we not perfect? He had/has the power to do this. Is this perhaps a question that cannot be answered until the end of life? I guess it kind of falls into the questions of why are we here in the first place.

So you don't want free will? God created us with free will and I don't know how he could make us perfect and give us free will. Only Jesus could fulfill that. That is why he is our saviour.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

Rephrase: Why could he not make us all perfect? God is perfect and we were created in His image so why are we not perfect? He had/has the power to do this. Is this perhaps a question that cannot be answered until the end of life? I guess it kind of falls into the questions of why are we here in the first place.

Well, before the fall of all man kind, we were perfect until satan tempted Eve. In Gen 1:31 (NASB)--God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

So God did create us to be like Jesus. We were created also to fellowship with God. Adam communed with God, as seen in Gen 2:16-17 (NASB)-- The Lord God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."and again in Gen 3:9-13 (NASB)--Then the Lord God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?" He said, "I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself." And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?" The man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate." Then the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" And the woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

These are just a few scriptures where God was talking to man.

Edited by JIME

Guest Ken Rank

Jime wrote:

Jime... if I understand your question correctly, maybe this will help.

The angels were created perfect but without souls. They had free will as seen in satan\'s choice and the choice made by 1/3rd of the angels, but they are unable to be redeemed.

That is important to understand before moving on. God desired fellowship with man from the beginning, as a Father with his son, we see God (as you pointed out) walking with Adam in the cool of the day. But God also made Adam lower than himself, good, but not perfect in the \"God is perfect\" sense. I won\'t get into all of it now, but the cliff note version is that God knew we would fall when he created us and allowed it to happen. Why? Because a plan was set in place, a pathway back to Him, that is followed or walked on ONLY by those who WANT to love God, WANT to serve God, WANT to worship God. In other words, whereas the angels were created to worship God without question, man was created with the ability to choose whether or not to follow after God and His righteousness. So in the end Jime, the Kingdom will not be filled with people who were created without choice, filled with people who were made only to serve God, but rather it will be filled with people who love God by choice and have dedictated their lives to Him. And when all is said and done, God will again walk in His garden in the cool of the day with His people who are there, really, because they WANTED to be there.

See, nothing is really new in the NT despite denominal opinion...watch...

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Belief (the Greek word actually leans more toward having faith) is a choice, the same choice seen in Deut. 30. We have life and death, blessing and cursing set before us... therefore, chose life and live. The Kingdom will be filled with those who chose life and God will be Father to sons and daughters who WANTED to be there with Him over the lusts of this world.

Peace.

Ken

Edited by Ken Rank

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

One thing you must understand is that Jesus is God and the creator. He was in the beginning, He was there when we were created and to say that why weren't we created like Jesus, for one Jesus wasn't created He was in fact the creator.

He took on the form of human flesh in order to become the perfect sacrifice for us. As someone has mentioned we were made in His image and were perfect until our rebellion, but through His sacrifice we are once more perfect and will realize this when we depart from this body.

So we are made in the image of God, in the Image of Jesus.

One thing you must understand is that Jesus is God and the creator. He was in the beginning, He was there when we were created and to say that why weren't we created like Jesus, for one Jesus wasn't created He was in fact the creator.

He took on the form of human flesh in order to become the perfect sacrifice for us. As someone has mentioned we were made in His image and were perfect until our rebellion, but through His sacrifice we are once more perfect and will realize this when we depart from this body.

:whistling:

Faith

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 1:17

To Faith

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1 John 3:2

Guest Ken Rank

I agree, the 2nd Adam, which is "the Lord from Heaven," (How many Lord's of heaven are there? :blink: ) is also called "THE IMAGE of the invisible God." So when God made Adam "in his OWN IMAGE," the Son of God, the 2nd Adam, was that image. That means, the 2nd Adam was before the 1st Adam... the second Adam was the pattern from which the first Adam was made! God is a Spirit and was not created, Yehoshua (Jesus) was not created, he is the creator. (John 1:10 and others) But that image was created in the sense that it had never been made manifest until it was "begotten" by the same Spirit who filled that body with the fullness of himself. Who else could walk a sinless life BUT God in man's form?

We often see the word "image" to mean Adam took on the character and attributes of God. And to a degree that may be true. But the underlying Hebrew word has the same definition as the English word image: resemblance, mirrored reflection, semblance....Adam LOOKED like the God who created him. God's "own image" from which he created Adam, was the same which walked with the 12.

Peace.

Ken

Edited by Ken Rank

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Something that I find really interesting is in Gen. 5:3 where it says that Adam lived 130 years and had begot a son in his own likeness, something that was not said about Cain or Abel. Were Cain and Abel born in the garden, were they in the likeness of God also? Its interesting to think about.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

His own likeness probably means that he looked like Adam, who had now fallen. And no, no one lived in the Garden but Adam and Eve, if I've read my Bible right.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Something that I find really interesting is in Gen. 5:3 where it says that Adam lived 130 years and had begot a son in his own likeness, something that was not said about Cain or Abel. Were Cain and Abel born in the garden, were they in the likeness of God also? Its interesting to think about.

No, only Adam and Eve were made in the likeness of God. The bible says that Adam had a son in his own image (Adam's image), not in God's image. Sin has been passed on to Adam's offspring :whistling:.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Why didn't God just kill satan from the get go so he wouldn't have any power over us?