herald2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

"And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, glory as of the only-begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

"But even as you abound in everything - in faith, and in Word, and in knowledge, and in all earnestness, and in your love in us-that you should abound in His grace." 2 Cor 8:7.

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that in everything, always having self-sufficiency you may abound to every good work." 2 Cor 9:8.

"That being justified by grace, we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life." Titus 3:7.

"Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy, and we may find grace for help in the time of need." Heb 4:16.

"But working together, we also call on you, not to receive the grace of God in vain." 2 Cor 6:1.

"How much worse punishment do you think he will be thought worthy to receive having trampled on the Son of God, and having counted the blood of the Covenant in which he was sanctified common, and having insulted the Spirit of Grace." Heb 10:29.

"Beloved, when I gave diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, beloved, it was needful to write unto you, and exhort you that we should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints. For certain men crept in secretly, those who have been marked out to condemnation, ungodly ones perverting the grace of God for unbridled lust, and denying the only Master, God, even our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 3,4.

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin ("Everyone practicing sin also practices lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness" - 1 John 3:4) that grace may abound?Let it not be! We who died to sin, how shall we live in it?" Rom 6:1;Matt 7:21-23.

"And everyone having this hope on Him purifies himself even as that One is pure, Everyone practices sin is also practicing lawlessness and sin is lawlessness. And ye know that He was revealed to bear our sins; and sin is not in Him.

Everyone remaining in Him does not sin. Everyone sinning has not seen Him nor known Him. Little children, let no one lead you astray; the one practicing righteousness is righteous, even as that One is righteous. The one practicing sin is of the Devil; for the Devil sins from the beginning. For this the Son of God was revealed, that He may undo the works of the Devil. Everyone begotten of God does not sin, because His seed abides in Him, and he is not able to sin, because he is born of God.

By this the children of God and the children of the Devil are revealed. Everyone not practicing righteousness is not of God; also the one loving not his brother. Because this is the message which you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, not as Cain was of the evil one, and killed his brother. And for what did he kill him? Because his works were evil, but the things of the brother were righteous.

Do not marvel, my brothers if the world hates you. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brothers. The one not loving the brother remains in death. Everyone hating the brother is a murderer, and you know that every murderer does not have everlasting life abiding in him.

By this we have known the love of God, because the One laid down his soul for us: and on behalf of the brothers we ought to lay down our souls. Whoever has the means of life of the world, and sees his brother have need, and shuts up his bowels from him, how does the love of God abide in him? 1 John 3 (The entire message is from the Greek)

"Blessed are the ones doing His commands, that their authority will be over the tree of life, and by the gates they may enter the city." Rev 22:14.

Edited by herald2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

John also said;

Jo

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  512
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  01/25/1955

What is grace?

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I see grace as what God covers me with giving me a place to rest in Him.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Grace is God giving us what we don't deserve - forgiveness and salvation.

What does it mean: Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, for it is the gift of God?

What does it mean: Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, for it is the gift of God?

God saves us though we don't deserve it, if we believe that He will through Christ. Only Christ saves; we can do nothing to save ourselves except accept it (the gift).

Only Christ saves; we can do nothing to save ourselves except accept it (the gift).

No exceptions.

I believe the gift is given to every human being, and the only way to be saved is to stop resisting the gift. That is why people perish: because they resist God. There is nothing we can do to be saved. The only way to be saved is to stop resisting God.

Faith is a gift. We are not saved by granting the Gospel our intellectual assent. We are saved because God first gives us the grace to make that leap of faith, and we do not resist that grace.

Only Christ saves; we can do nothing to save ourselves except accept it (the gift).

No exceptions.

I believe the gift is given to every human being, and the only way to be saved is to stop resisting the gift. That is why people perish: because they resist God. There is nothing we can do to be saved. The only way to be saved is to stop resisting God.

Faith is a gift. We are not saved by granting the Gospel our intellectual assent. We are saved because God first gives us the grace to make that leap of faith, and we do not resist that grace.

So you can reject (resist) salvation, but you can't accept it? Acceptance is no more a work than faith is, my friend.

No exceptions.

So you can reject (resist) salvation, but you can't accept it? Acceptance is no more a work than faith is, my friend.

What do you mean by "acceptance"? Do you mean that I have to, of my own volition, give my consent? That I actually have to, of my own volition, ask God to please save me? That, to me, is a work.