• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello friends,

This is an old, old question, but it's still a relevant one. I'm always interested to hear just exactly why so many feel they need to be able to defend God and His Truth on the same level as those are rooted absolutely in science and 'evolution'.

I was into apologetics too for a long time but eventually came to realise that Normal Christianity in all its fullness can never be compatible with Christian Apologetics. But it takes time to explain that inner realisation properly and it's always tempting for others to conclude this is a unique aspect of my walk with God -- it's for me, not a universal approach. But that's not what I believe.

My concern is that too many give more attention to this subject than they do to the full-time business of following God, dying to self and living in the power of God's Spirit in wisdom and revelation -- in other words, the normal Christian life as defined in Scripture.

We don't have a lot of time here to live for God as He intends and intellectual sideshows are an encumbrance.

Sam

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/28/1962

Good question, but i dont come here to defend anything, neither do i come here because the forums are called apollogetics, i have noticed that christians love big words and long answers wher as Jesus made it simle and to the point. No i come here because people ask qiestions and if i can help or the Lord gives me an answer then i answer. I hate religion, it doesnt do Jesus justice.

In His Love

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Good question, but i dont come here to defend anything, neither do i come here because the forums are called apollogetics, i have noticed that christians love big words and long answers wher as Jesus made it simle and to the point. No i come here because people ask qiestions and if i can help or the Lord gives me an answer then i answer. I hate religion, it doesnt do Jesus justice.

In His Love

amen

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

In His Love

mjrhealth, you are right...our own human nature is to hear ourselves talk (or post) Religion is just those "talking heads" making edicts and rules to govern. Jesus taught us a loving, life changing existance as a servant of God and our fellow man.

I believe Christian Apologetics has its place. I am a scientist and love when things are discovered which show God's hand in this world. But quite frankly, God can defend himself in the glory of his creation. If a person (scientist or not) can look at the complexity and design of life and this universe and the absolutley impossible odds that any of this could happen by accident and not see the work of a designer...a creator...then there is little any of us as Christians can do to sway someone away from a "no creation" premise.

Any scientifc fact that can be attributed to God by a human, can be explained away as an "accident" by another human. My 2 cents.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hello friends,

This is an old, old question, but it's still a relevant one. I'm always interested to hear just exactly why so many feel they need to be able to defend God and His Truth on the same level as those are rooted absolutely in science and 'evolution'.

I was into apologetics too for a long time but eventually came to realise that Normal Christianity in all its fullness can never be compatible with Christian Apologetics. But it takes time to explain that inner realisation properly and it's always tempting for others to conclude this is a unique aspect of my walk with God -- it's for me, not a universal approach. But that's not what I believe.

My concern is that too many give more attention to this subject than they do to the full-time business of following God, dying to self and living in the power of God's Spirit in wisdom and revelation -- in other words, the normal Christian life as defined in Scripture.

We don't have a lot of time here to live for God as He intends and intellectual sideshows are an encumbrance.

Sam

Amen! It's all about Jesus is it not! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I have to disagree, the scriptures call us to apologetics.

But scantify the Lord God in your hearts:and be ready always to give an answer to everyman that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. (1 peter 3:15)

While i think it is always more important to understand the scriptures and the message of salvation I truly believed God has made himself known through science, history and other such apologetic realms so that we could offer up the evidence to those people who are not as spiritually minded as others, Lee Strobel for example was persuaded to give his life to Christ not because of scripture or spirituallity but because of the 'hard' evidence in the world of science and history.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/28/1962

I dont even know what apologets is, and have no intention of knowing, It is just mans way of saying im smart i know big words, its religion all over, but like seperate areas its just that in knowing the gospel you just cant seperate it into different prts.

in His Love

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

For those who do not think we should defend our faith ...

1 Peter 3:13-17 (New King James Version)

Suffering for Right and Wrong

And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

For those who do not think we should defend our faith ...

1 Peter 3:13-17 (New King James Version)

Suffering for Right and Wrong

And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/29/1956

I have to disagree, the scriptures call us to apologetics.

But scantify the Lord God in your hearts:and be ready always to give an answer to everyman that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. (1 peter 3:15)

While i think it is always more important to understand the scriptures and the message of salvation I truly believed God has made himself known through science, history and other such apologetic realms so that we could offer up the evidence to those people who are not as spiritually minded as others, Lee Strobel for example was persuaded to give his life to Christ not because of scripture or spirituallity but because of the 'hard' evidence in the world of science and history.

Amen. As another person wrote "Paul was the first apologist"

Some will be saved solely by us saying "Repent and be Baptized", others take more convincing. Apologetics are nothing more that another way to spread the gospel. :thumbsup: