nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I probably wouldn't point it out unless the Lord put it on my heart.

I think that similar situations arise in parenting, when we have to discipline our children for things that we ourselves have done wrong. They can point their finger back at us and say "But you did it too!" but that doesn't make it right for them to do. They judge the judger.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I was just wondering -

Scripturally, are we allowed to judge and criticize those who judge and criticize?

I mean, if we judge and criticize those who judge and criticize, are we not guilty of doing the very same thing we are condemning in others?

:thumbsup:

Neb, we not only have the right, but also the responsibility to make judgements on the actions of self confessed Christians.

Yes, but I'm specifically referring to the action of judging and criticizing.

It's like when someone complains about compainers.

See the oxymoron?

If you see someone who falls in the category of being a complainer of complainers then trust God to give you wisdom on helping them come to see their folly..

There is an important scripture I think of often and need reminding of ...

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

If I care about someone I am more apt to say something..if I do not know them then I am more apt to be quiet and trust God speak to them trough someone they know..

All of our conversation concerning helping one another should be born out of the love of God in us for each other...

I am only guilty if I have done something wrong.. it is not wrong to move in love in helping a misguided brother or sister...

I think the biggest worry in my mind is no one likes to be told what they are doing is wrong..

It ruffles our fur...

I have learned to back up and wait for God to smooth their fur if they get upset ...

or run ,,depending on how mad they get... :)

( and of course I have bitten too.. :( )

I have been in both positions many times and I am sure you have been too..

We sharpen each other ..

Pro 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

and we all know that ...

Pro 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

We need each other ... if we do not help each other we are not loving as God would have us love..

my 2 cents....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  512
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1955

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written to you, not to keep company, if any man that is named a brother, be a fornicator, or covetous, or a server of idols, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner: with such a one, not so much as to eat. 12 For what have I to do to judge them that are without? Do not you judge them that are within? 13 For them that are without, God will judge. Put away the evil one from among yourselves.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

We need each other ... if we do not help each other we are not loving as God would have us love..

my 2 cents....

I must say those are mighty fine two cent words! Very nice post.