IGNORED

Kerry - is He a Man of Faith?

Catsmeow

Does John Kerry Sincerely Love Jesus?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does John Kerry Sincerely Love Jesus?

• Yes
    • He's devout Catholic and firm on all Catholic doctrine
    • He's a nominal Catholic (lukewarm)
    • He's politely religious to appease right wing conservatives
    • He has a deep, intimate relationship with Christ
    • Don't know

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

He's gonna have to be a man of faith. It's gonna take a miracle for him to win in November! :wub:

t. :o

LOL

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

while he was practicing law, in one court case where he netted himself 2.5 million (1/3 of the final settlement), he said he was "channeling the spirit" of a young girl with cerebral palsy. he used this tactic profusely in that case, which was a malpractice suit against a doctor for... it was either for having not performed a c-section, but saying that by making the mother go through natural childbirth it caused cerebral palsy in the girl... apparently his 'channeling' won the sympathy of the jury, despite the fact that the whole case was total bunk. cerebral palsy is not caused by natural childbirth.

how could one possibly believe a man who does 'chanelling' of someone's spirit has an ounce of faith in God?

Lady

CP can be caused from natural childbirth.

If the baby is in distress too long; and the cervix can not open; the baby presses down and it causes damage to the cerebal nerve; hince CP. Also, deprevation of oxygen during childbirth can cause brain damage and CP.

I work in the field; just an FYI :wub:

HIS LOVE

KAY

NOW CHANNELING THE SPIRIT: NUTS NUTS NUTS

Edited by Kay

Guest LadyC

kay, that's interesting to know... but Godly men still don't channel spirits!! :oww:

thanks for the info though!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

If our leaders fail, is it because we have not properly prayed for them? Are we called to bad mouth them or cover them in prayer.....??? I did not like what Bill Clinton did when in office, but I prayed for him......

Also do you think the Lord gives us the kind of leaders that reflect the kind of people we are as a nation?

God have mercy on us if we are getting the kind of leadership we deserve, I pray He would give us leadership that would glorify His name..........

Good post rafter :)

Reminds me of

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

When will we learn?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

If our leaders fail, is it because we have not properly prayed for them? Are we called to bad mouth them or cover them in prayer.....???  I did not like what Bill Clinton did when in office, but I prayed for him......

Also do you think the Lord gives us the kind of leaders that reflect the kind of people we are as a nation?

God have mercy on us if we are getting the kind of leadership we deserve, I pray He would give us leadership that would glorify His name..........

Good post rafter :)

Reminds me of

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

When will we learn?

I think we have. We just don't communicate very well.

Well said rafter.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

My appologies...I messed up this poll. It DID NOT come out right...it's a real mess.

Maybe the topic is salvageable, thanks to all you guys...but my poll died on me.

It didn't come out looking like a poll but a dud.

Sorry, folks...

I just don't think Kerry is beliveable as a "man of faith" at all. Anyone who supports partial birth abortion wins any votes with me.

If he wins, we are being handed Sodom on a silver platter. We're it folks.

Hey Cats,

I fixed the poll for you - is this how you wanted it to look ? Hope so....if not let me know.

Serving Him,

Bob

Thanks, Bob. I didn't vote on this.

My vote would have been that I think he's politically correct because he doesn't stand firm on the Roman Church's conviction against abortion.

I don't buy any argument about "women's choice". I was a murderer. I was an abortionist. NO EXCUSES! I did a great evil in the sight of God and deserve HELL!

You hear this, River?...I don't make a bunch of excuses for my sins. I don't justify what I did. I was WRONG!!!! Get it? WRONG! I sinned!

I was a vile, filthy, lowlife sinner - PERIOD!!! I want the whole world to know it! I was a lowlife and doomed to hell. I had to turn and repent. It's really pretty simple, folks.

I was a lowlife. I was sexually immoral. I got drunk. I got high constantly. I had no morals. I had no honor or character. I murdered my unborn, too. I deserve HELL. Pure and simple.

I'm not going to excuse it away, justify it or ask for pity. I don't want sympathy and I don't want anyone's compassion either. I already know what I was. I'm guilty as charged. It's pretty simple really.

I deserve HELL. Simple.

Someone named Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God suffered a HORRIBLE death on a cross and bled and suffered and died in MY PLACE. He took MY sins upon His own body.

I accepted His sacrifice and and over a 3 day period, I cried and wept and mourned till my eyes were glued shut from the swollen tear glands. I vowed to REPENT and sin no more.

I don't make excuses for my filthy, vile sinful life. I'm a lowlife, scumbag sinner and the ONLY THING saving me from hell is Jesus's mercy.

I have made a deliberate decision to SIN NO MORE...and when sin at all, I confess my sin and Jesus is faithful and just to forgive me my sin and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

I examine myself DAILY. I'm still wrestling with my flesh daily but God is growing me up.

One thing I WILL NOT DO is make a bunch of excuses for my sins.

No excuses people...let's STOP excuses for our sins. For crying out loud...REPENT!

Stop making excuses for sinning and just REPENT!

Right now I don't give a flip if I'm the only person on this whole board who "get's it"....I know one thing: I've made a decision to go and sin no more.

I'm not touching a drop of alcohol. I don't get high or loaded. I don't "fool around" or commit adultery; I don't watch steamy movies or sexy songs or sexually explicit televisions. I don't read smut or occult books or fill my head with garbage.

I want my mind to be a place where Jesus is "at home". I want Him to feel comfortable with my mind...and happy to reside within me.

I want to please Him and that means I sure don't want to spend time engaging in immoral activities, greed or gluttony, drunkeness or other self-indulgence or anything that grieves Him.

My past is so tainted, I am WITHOUT HONOR.

I've also made a choice: I'm NOT living that way EVER again...and I've turned and repented.

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

while he was practicing law, in one court case where he netted himself 2.5 million (1/3 of the final settlement), he said he was "channeling the spirit" of a young girl with cerebral palsy. he used this tactic profusely in that case, which was a malpractice suit against a doctor for... it was either for having not performed a c-section, but saying that by making the mother go through natural childbirth it caused cerebral palsy in the girl... apparently his 'channeling' won the sympathy of the jury, despite the fact that the whole case was total bunk. cerebral palsy is not caused by natural childbirth.

how could one possibly believe a man who does 'chanelling' of someone's spirit has an ounce of faith in God?

LadyC your right. Godly men don't channel spirits. If we see anyone channeling a spirit, that should cause all of us to raise a big red flag to anyone that does so.

If we approve of this, what's next? What comes to my mind is this:

And he does great wonders, so that he makes fire to come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast, saying to them that dwell on the earth that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666.

How does the Anti-christ give power unto the beast? Through channeling perhaps?...

To those that support Kerry, i'm not implying here that Kerry is that anti-christ...

LadyC your right. Godly men don't channel spirits. If we see anyone channeling a spirit, that should cause all of us to raise a big red flag to anyone that does so.

And he does great wonders, so that he makes fire to come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast, saying to them that dwell on the earth that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666.

How does the Anti-christ give power unto the beast? Through channeling perhaps?...

I spent an hour looking for documentation or even some obscure mention of this "chanelling". Please site a reference - sounds like a fascinating read.

I'm just adding a commentary here to what LadyC posted. I myself have not seen any documentation about channeling. Ask LadyC. She knows what she's talking about and she may be able to point you to an article about it. In the meantime, I'll look for it too...

I spent an hour looking for documentation or even some obscure mention of this "channeling". Please site a reference - sounds like a fascinating read. Mind you I find channeling as laughable as the Regan's and their weekly psychic readings. Hocus pocus, gobbledy-goo, and a waste of time and money.

Here's what I found by doing a little searching. Evidently it's Edwards that has done the channeling. Still doesn't make it right....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...erryadoptspuppy

Guest SweetSong

Link to article about Edwards & dead baby

Another link. Was working on this while others posted. LOL It was Nancy Reagan who did the psychic stuff not PRESIDENT Reagan.

I'd be interested in reading a "rotten fruit" list from Bush adminstration...with links from someone other than Michael Moore or Al Jazeera. Thanks. :)