• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/28/1987

i know i said im done posting in this thread, but i can't help myself.

HAZARD, you said we have many mansions in heaven to look forward to, and then you say in your next post that we'll spend eternity on earth. isn't this a contradiction?

why would jesus prepare dwelling places for us in the heavenly realms when we're going to be on earth for eternity? are they just going to be uninhabited?

i'm sorry but i'm extremely appalled as to how some dismiss the clear teachings of heaven. this is all very new to me. in fact prior to participating in this thread i did not know there were professing christians who read the bible, commune with god, immersed in all things christianity, and yet do not believe the doctrine that if we are truly saved, we are not from this world, but rather we are sojourners, passing from one world to another. it upsets me actually.

i think this has to do with being too earthly minded, proud, and self-centered. perhaps those who adhere to this doctrine do not have their "mind on things above", but are still earthly. i'm going to get psychological here and say it's quite possible these individuals' minds are on earthly things so much; they are attached to this world and the things of it still so much that subconsciously they don't want to leave it and so try to convince themselves that they will spend eternity on it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

HAZARD, you said we have many mansions in heaven to look forward to, and then you say in your next post that we'll spend eternity on earth. isn't this a contradiction?

why would jesus prepare dwelling places for us in the heavenly realms when we're going to be on earth for eternity? are they just going to be uninhabited?

i'm sorry but i'm extremely appalled as to how some dismiss the clear teachings of heaven. this is all very new to me. in fact prior to participating in this thread i did not know there were professing christians who read the bible, commune with god, immersed in all things christianity, and yet do not believe the doctrine that if we are truly saved, we are not from this world, but rather we are sojourners, passing from one world to another. it upsets me actually.

i think this has to do with being too earthly minded, proud, and self-centered. perhaps those who adhere to this doctrine do not have their "mind on things above", but are still earthly. i'm going to get psychological here and say it's quite possible these individuals' minds are on earthly things so much; they are attached to this world and the things of it still so much that subconsciously they don't want to leave it and so try to convince themselves that they will spend eternity on it.

If you read the scripture I posted, REV 21 and 22, you will see that the New Jerusalem is going to be 1500 miles cubic. That is one big city where we will live! Take a good look at these passages and ask God to show you how it all fit together.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

But we can get glimpses now.

Consider what really does give us peace now? Is it any of the crap we own, or the so called "careers" or the money we may make?

No, it is the love of our family, the love of God, the beauty of His creation, and our own fullfilling of the purposes that He designed us for before we were born. In heaven we will finally be who we were meant to be.

Thomas Kempis wrote that all material things have the seeds of unhappiness built into them, as we can never really posses them without some anxiety, as they are temporary things and only things, they are dust.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

When we become a Christian, His Spirit dwells in us. There you will find the kingdom of God.

Luke 17:20-21 (New King James Version)

Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said,

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Humanoid.....I think in spite of your protestations and high degree of sensitivity many have answered your misgivings with Scripture so that you can read their understanding of it for yourself...nobody is dismissing any clear teaching on the subject, just trying to put together some of the snippets/pieces we have been left with.

At this moment Heaven is the dwelling place of G-d...but there is a time coming when He will dwell permanently amongst us, and it is no good just casting aspersions because the picture you have differs from others...that speaks to me far more of pride than anyones attitude here. People are just trying to be open and friendly with you, and looking into the Scriptures together....nothing heavy....nothing doctinally dodgy...

Guess what I am saying is 'Chill' friend, and enjoy...I certainly wouldn't get upset over it. :emot-hug:

Hi Humanoid.....I think in spite of your protestations and high degree of sensitivity many have answered your misgivings with Scripture so that you can read their understanding of it for yourself...nobody is dismissing any clear teaching on the subject, just trying to put together some of the snippets/pieces we have been left with.

At this moment Heaven is the dwelling place of G-d...but there is a time coming when He will dwell permanently amongst us, and it is no good just casting aspersions because the picture you have differs from others...that speaks to me far more of pride than anyones attitude here. People are just trying to be open and friendly with you, and looking into the Scriptures together....nothing heavy....nothing doctinally dodgy...

Guess what I am saying is 'Chill' friend, and enjoy...I certainly wouldn't get upset over it. :)

chill?

http://www.eternallifeministries.org/jcr_danger.htm

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Blessings to you Humanoid, please don't be appalled, because no one is dismissing the clear teachings about heaven. Jesus left to prepared a place for those who love and serve Him. He knew that we are earthly vessels and someday will die. Being the Savior He is, He knew He couldn't just leave us in a grave, He had made promises that we would be with Him and fellowship with Him and the Father. Christ not being a man that He should lie, nor the son of a man that He would have to repent, He established the mansions to serve as a dwelling place with Him and the Father until the finial call, when satan and his followers would be cast in hell forever. The saints that has gone on, and those that will follow will reap their rewards. But down here satan is still running around trying to get as many as he can. Death, crying, worry, pain the list goes on and on, nothing will be perfect until the finial call. But we are blessed to see in Revelation where John clearly shares that there will be a New Heaven and a New Earth, there won't be any separation because there will be no sea. The holy city, New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, looking as a bride adorned for her husband ( Revelation 21:12). And I heard a loud voice saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people...God shall wipe away every tear, no more death, sorrow, crying, no more pain for the former things HAVE passed away. God sitting on the throne said, BEHOLD , I make all things new, and He said to me (John), Write for these words are true (Revelation 21:3-5). Because of the first creation has passed away, the pattern for a new creation and a New Jerusalem for God's people comes down from heaven, shining and pure. The combination heaven...earth refers to the whole universe, which is new in quality, not just recently made, it is a new world without satan and sin. In Christ...jot :)

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Guess what I am saying is 'Chill' friend, and enjoy...I certainly wouldn't get upset over it. :emot-hug:

chill?

http://www.eternallifeministries.org/jcr_danger.htm

Chill...er modern vernacular for don't bust a blood vessel...relax...take the weight off your feet :)

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Hi 'humanoid.'

I dont mind you being appalled if in fact I did say what you thought but, No, I never said that at all. This is what I wrote. Have another read, I think you missed what I said.

"Yes, God will bring His Holy City down to Earth and be with men for eternity. But at the moment God is in Heaven and He now rules the universe from there.

"Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time." (Rev. 12:12).

Paul speaks of "the invisible things" in Heaven now as being like the visible things on Earth; that is the things in Heaven are just like the things on Earth. (Rom. 1:20).'

There are now, untill God brings His Heavenly City the New Jerusalen;" . . . "And I John saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Rev. 21:2), down to the Earth, people living in Heaven. I think you missed what I did say.

Plus, "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." (Rev. 3:12).

Regards,

Haz.

Chill...er modern vernacular for don't bust a blood vessel...relax...take the weight off your feet :cool:

i know what that word means. i was just implying that "chilling" is not something someone should be doing when they see other christians embracing false doctrines. i am not going to just passively sit back and watch others write things which are false. and this has nothing to do with pride or ego, but rather the desire to defend solid doctrine. try going back in time and telling jesus to take a chill pill while he's overturning the tables in the temple. i'm not jesus by any stretch of the imagination, but i'm trying to overturn the tables of unsound doctrine.

Brother, if you look at Hazard's reference to John 14:12, it says "In my Father's House, there are many mansions.........". He didn't say "in Heaven".

jamilea, god lives and resides in heaven. it is his home. it is his "house".

Hi 'humanoid.'

I dont mind you being appalled if in fact I did say what you thought but, No, I never said that at all. This is what I wrote. Have another read, I think you missed what I said.

my friend, you posted the scripture about the many mansions, saying it's one of the things which we'll enjoy, and then right after that post you said: "Yes, God will bring His Holy City down to Earth and be with men for eternity. But at the moment God is in Heaven and He now rules the universe from there."

it is a contradiction. we can't enjoy the mansions jesus has prepared us if we spend eternity on earth. it's not possible.

my friends, let me end this post by saying that the bible indeed says god will create a new universe and a new earth, free from sin and corruption. i believe we'll be able to, with our new celestial bodies, roam the vastness of the glorious heavens and not be confined to a tiny little rock. that it does not mean we'll be incapable of coming down to and living on, interacting, etc on the new renovated planet earth. that's something we'll indeed do. but to say we'll be confined to it for eternity is ridiculous for many reasons.