• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Snowdoove:

Let's not use the word "Rapture" then, ok?  Let's talk about the "Resurrection" since that Word is in the Word of God.

The event I believe you speak of is one that stemmed from an celtic girl in England (Mary McDonald(?)) who supposedly received from God that the Rapture will occur before the antichrist and the Great Tribulation.  That is where it spread from but truthfully, it had it's beginnings long before then, the Church in Jesus Christ simply rejected it (mostly).

That is why we must reject all doctrines except those that are soundly from the Word of God and not just because it "suddenly sprang up in the last few centuries".  It IS a doctrine in error but, we must prove why it is in error - "test the spirits".  The only measurable "test" given of God is His Word.  If anything conflicts with His Word, then it is not from God.  Truthfully, though I be "post-trib/pre-wrath", I could far easier prove a "pre-trib rapture" than "no rapture at all" simply because the "resurrection" IS in the Word of God and especially exhorted on by Christ and the Apostles in several places.  It is our Hope, our future Salvation from God's Wrath and Judgment that we live in and give evidence of that Hope in Jesus Christ today in our lives.

So, do not just reject a doctrine because it came into being supposedly in the 1800's.  Rather prove any doctrine by the Word of God.

Now, you mentioned Joseph Smith.  Do you believe he was a prophet of God?

God Bless.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Whatsitmean,

This one I like.  Leave only baby Christians??  There will be the two witnesses and angels flying in mid heaven.  And they won't be singing "softly and tenderly Jesus is calling".

Not nitpicking. Just a question? Who are the two witness'?

Think about it they testify of the truth. They have the power of Priest's, Profit's and King's. They are marked out seperated like the 144,000. In Zechariah the two olive tree's represent The truth of the Old Testament and the Kingly line of Christ. The two candlesticks are also represented. The candlesticks I know of are in Revelation representing the church's in the World.(G-ds Word as he repeatedly tells them to stick to the truth or he will take away their candlesticks.)

Just a thought could this also be a parable based upon precept's in the Word? Not a literal interpretation? :exclaimation:

I don't know some think I'm crazy! :cool2:

Peace :inlove: Amen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Snowdoove:

Let's not use the word "Rapture" then, ok?

Snowdoove:

Let's take this a step at a time;

Do you believe Jesus Christ Resurrected to life from death after three days and rose in His Flesh Body?

God Bless.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Dr. Luke,

I believe the 2 witnesses are Elijah and Moses, most think they are Elijah and Enoch, Malachi 4:5 tells us at least Elijah is one of them.

Dr. Luke,

I believe the 2 witnesses are Elijah and Moses, most think they are Elijah and Enoch, Malachi 4:5 tells us at least Elijah is one of them.

wordsower:

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

The Spirit of Elijah--John the Baptist came to announce the first coming of the Lord, not the dreadful day of the Lord. :exclaimation:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

The Spirit of Elijah--John the Baptist came to announce the first coming of the Lord, not the dreadful day of the Lord. :laugh:

Hi wordsower,

I take a stand with you on this one sister!!  John the Baptist did come in the spirit of Elijah.  Jesus said it was so, if you are willing to accept it.  Of course Jesus also knew that His coming would be a duel fulfillment.  As we all know the first time He came was as a lamb, but the next time will be as the lion from the tribe of Judah.

Here's a picture of who the two witnesses will be :

Matt.17: 1-3 - "After six days Jesus took with Him Peter, James and John the brother of James, And led them up a high mountain by themselves. (2) There He was transfigured before them, His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. (3) Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus."

They say a picture paints a thousand words, but some people just don't get it.  There are many pictures in this passage, but I won't go there or I could be here all night!!!

:noidea:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I suppose I'm going back over a past thread, I really dont know, but here goes anyway.

It seems to be the assumption of most christians, that the two witnesses will be Moses and Elijah, probably because they were the two that were seen on the mount of transfiguration when the disciples went up with the Lord. At this stage I am not saying whether I think they are or are not the two witnesses mentioned later.

What I am suggesting that Enoch will be the second witness

• Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Snowdoove:

Let's take this a step at a time;

Do you believe Jesus Christ Resurrected to life from death after three days and rose in His Flesh Body?

God Bless.

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem!

RCruise~

Re: Do I believe in the Resurection of Jesus Christ?

Answer~ YES

Re: Do I believe that Joseph Smith was a Prophet?

Answer ~ NO

Shalom :exclaimation: