• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness

This small part of 2nd cor 12:9 has been speaking to me lately and i wanted to share it with others to see if they felt the same.

It seems to me that Christ's power truly was made perfect in his weakness. At his weakest point, while dying on the cross, his power became it's strongest by breaking the hold of sin and death over the world.

It is humbling for me to think God would use the form of weak man to reveal his mightiest power.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

How do you see God, Glorifying His word in your weakness?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

As it's down the bottom of all my posts, it's also a very important passage for me!

God's power is shown most perfectly in our weakness; in Paul's weakness and in our weakness now.

When we are least able to do anything, that is when God's work is seen as most amazing and He is given the most honour and glory!

You can spend weeks studying just that one passage and the context.... And it's a good idea to start somewhere! I find it so encouraging, especially "My grace is sufficient for you".

So it is my hope, as I am extremely weak, in almost every way, that i will be a vessel for God to show His power through :th_praying: I pray that he will continue to do so.

Thanks for sharing!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

As it's down the bottom of all my posts, it's also a very important passage for me!

God's power is shown most perfectly in our weakness; in Paul's weakness and in our weakness now.

When we are least able to do anything, that is when God's work is seen as most amazing and He is given the most honour and glory!

You can spend weeks studying just that one passage and the context.... And it's a good idea to start somewhere! I find it so encouraging, especially "My grace is sufficient for you".

So it is my hope, as I am extremely weak, in almost every way, that i will be a vessel for God to show His power through :) I pray that he will continue to do so.

Thanks for sharing!

I understand that Paul felt extremely weak through the messenger of Satan, and that God gives power in our weakness. But why exactly is the word "grace" used there?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

So it is my hope, as I am extremely weak, in almost every way, that i will be a vessel for God to show His power through :) I pray that he will continue to do so.

Thanks for sharing!

I understand that Paul felt extremely weak through the messenger of Satan, and that God gives power in our weakness. But why exactly is the word "grace" used there?

What Jesus was saying is that His grace is sufficient for us, especially in the context of being saved. As weak sinners, only through His grace can we be saved, and only by His grace do we walk.

Joh 1:16 And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

• Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Thanks for sharing :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

When i am weak, i turn to God to be satisfied, and through this he is glorified.

When i can smile through hardship, rejoice in times of despair and be satisfied in times of need because God fills me then it glorifies him that his power to transform peoples lives is displayed.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

When i am weak, i turn to God to be satisfied, and through this he is glorified.

When i can smile through hardship, rejoice in times of despair and be satisfied in times of need because God fills me then it glorifies him that his power to transform peoples lives is displayed.

I asked the question more to understand your position, because I was a little confused from your original post.

This is my understanding also, that His Grace is sufficient to strengthen, support and comfort us through all our trials and troubles.

Grace and Peace

• Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

So it is my hope, as I am extremely weak, in almost every way, that i will be a vessel for God to show His power through :laugh: I pray that he will continue to do so.

Thanks for sharing!

What Jesus was saying is that His grace is sufficient for us, especially in the context of being saved. As weak sinners, only through His grace can we be saved, and only by His grace do we walk.

Joh 1:16 And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your answer. I am used to "grace" referring to the cross, and Jesus' sacrifice on our behalf (unmerited favor). I see now that the verse continued, "Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my informities that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Therefore, the "grace" here is the "power of Christ" resting on Paul -- his being able to endure through it. God was saying, in this instance, "I will not remove it, but I will give you the grace and strength to endure it." I GOT it. Thank you for answering me.