• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

In <John 16> Jesus Christ said that:

1. The Holy Spirit will speak what He hears.

2. The Holy Spirit will show you things to come.

From time to time I have short visions. I assume I am to keep those to myself as well as dreams unless I am CLEARLY told by The LORD/Lord otherwise.

Does this sound correct? Note that a few months back under "Spiritual Warfare" I posted "Fury of/from The Holy Ghost". To me, this was close to a forthtelling [not foretelling] message-close to prophetic but not actually so.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

The fact that this guy is a loon is found when he said his friend stood before God.......no man has ever seen God and lived.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Super Jew,

Moses did. "I speak to you face to face." Also what he said was that his friend was taken to heaven in his spirit. Not a bodily meeting, but a spirit experience. Paul was caught up to heaven in a similar way.

Edited by Scudbuddy

Super Jew,

Moses did. "I speak to you face to face." Also what he said was that his friend was taken to heaven in his spirit. Not a bodily meeting, but a spirit experience. Paul was caught up to heaven in a similar way.

When God said that He would speak to Moses face to face (Exodus 33:11) it's meant to show a close bondage. Moses didn't literally see God (we know from various scriptures that no human has ever seen God or can see God in our present state), but instead we are given the message in the Hebrew that Moses was so close to God that He had a conversation with God, as two friends would.

In fact, Moses pleaded with God later to see His face. God tells Moses that no man can see His face (Exodus 33:20) and instead shows Moses His backside (Exodus 33:23). Thus, if we take Exodus 33:11 literally, then later it contradicts itself. So we know that "face to face" in 33:11 is refering to a close, personal, relationship.

As for Paul (and likewise John) who had their spirits caught up to heaven, neither of them saw God. They saw His glory and they saw His throne, but they never saw God. Again, the passage from Exodus 33:20 shows us that no man can see God.

That is why I find this "prophet" an absolute loon.

I'd also like to add that the judgmental fire from God has been held back until the day of Tribulation....basically, the "prophecy" is inspirational but in absolutely no way scriptural.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

I have a hard time believing this though...

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

I'd also like to add that the judgmental fire from God has been held back until the day of Tribulation....basically, the "prophecy" is inspirational but in absolutely no way scriptural.

I would have to agree with this as well.

This was an inspirational "prophecy" and it does call for repentance and return to God in prayer. However I found parts that I thought were more from heart than actual revelation.

I dont have trouble believeing in one appearing in the spirit in heaven though. It happened to John and Paul

From Genesis to Revelation, if you read the Holy Bible, it shows very clearly two things: redemptive judgment. God judges! Because He is a good God. From the

garden of Eden all the way up to the book of Revelation, you will

see these two themes: love and judgment.

Not just love and love,

and bless me and bless me. This is how your prophets and teachers

are teaching you today. And they have not only corrupted the

American church, they are corrupting the Indian church. They are

corrupting the Eastern church, they're corrupting the African church

and they're corrupting the European church. It (unbalanced teaching)

has been exported!...

I agree with this part of his warning, the church today is preaching love, joy, money, name it claim it, type of preaching.

We see Gods love when we see Gods judgement! The message to day is most definately "unbalanced".

If we dont see Gods judgement we see no need for repentance "all is well". We need to let people see that there is Gods judgement that is coming on the world and then we will be able to see Gods love through salvation. There needs to be balance.

I also believe that there are prophets today, but they will never go contrary to Gods word, nor will they ever be wrong in their prophecy, as already mentioned in an earlier post.

Deut 18:22  "When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him. 

When one says that there are no prophets today, its a very dangerous ground to satnd. And also it will be very hard to believe the two spoken of in Revelation when they appear.

Interesting, I will say that. And there are things going on in India we couldnt even fathom here, there is great persecution of the church happenning and they are seeing God move in ways we dont see here in merica, but we will. People are being put to death for their faith, we need to pray for them and we need to pray for America.

How can we expect to keep moving in the direction we are moving and not expect judgement?

Super Jew,

Moses did. "I speak to you face to face." Also what he said was that his friend was taken to heaven in his spirit. Not a bodily meeting,  but a spirit experience. Paul was caught up to heaven in a similar way.

When God said that He would speak to Moses face to face (Exodus 33:11) it's meant to show a close bondage. Moses didn't literally see God (we know from various scriptures that no human has ever seen God or can see God in our present state), but instead we are given the message in the Hebrew that Moses was so close to God that He had a conversation with God, as two friends would.

In fact, Moses pleaded with God later to see His face. God tells Moses that no man can see His face (Exodus 33:20) and instead shows Moses His backside (Exodus 33:23). Thus, if we take Exodus 33:11 literally, then later it contradicts itself. So we know that "face to face" in 33:11 is refering to a close, personal, relationship.

As for Paul (and likewise John) who had their spirits caught up to heaven, neither of them saw God. They saw His glory and they saw His throne, but they never saw God. Again, the passage from Exodus 33:20 shows us that no man can see God.

That is why I find this "prophet" an absolute loon.

So very correct. I did notice though that his claim was to have stood in His presence. Not to have seen His face. I know of numerous Christians who have had throne room experiences including a whole room of children suddenly taken up to the throne room during a special visitation. It happened all at once to most of the children in the room. (There were about 200 kids) They were all caught up in the spirit and the things they said were extremely scriptural. One of them was my niece, and she began to dance before the Lord. And the Lord was so pleased with her. What confirmed this whole thing was that another young lady in the back foyer was out on the floor for a two hour period. She was in a posistion where there was no way for her to see what Sara was doing. When Sara started dancing, this young lady who was in the throne room herself began to exclaim to all of us who could see through the upper window of the door everything Sara was doing. When Sara would twirl, she would tell us. When Sara bowed, she saw at it. In perfect unison she described this. There were nearly 200 kids having similar experiences. It happened spontaneously and soverigenly. And all of it glorified Jesus and the Father.

So maybe this man just was reporting his own throne room experience. I do not know. I do know that God cannot be put in a box. He is going to do things to offend the mind to reveal the heart. I don't know if this mans word is correct either. I do know that Singh is a man of God.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, I guess it could be compared with this experience -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Kings 22

12 All the other prophets were prophesying the same thing. "Attack Ramoth Gilead and be victorious," they said, "for the LORD will give it into the king's hand."

13 The messenger who had gone to summon Micaiah said to him, "Look, as one man the other prophets are predicting success for the king. Let your word agree with theirs, and speak favorably."

14 But Micaiah said, "As surely as the LORD lives, I can tell him only what the LORD tells me."

15 When he arrived, the king asked him, "Micaiah, shall we go to war against Ramoth Gilead, or shall I refrain?"

"Attack and be victorious," he answered, "for the LORD will give it into the king's hand."

16 The king said to him, "How many times must I make you swear to tell me nothing but the truth in the name of the LORD ?"

17 Then Micaiah answered, "I saw all Israel scattered on the hills like sheep without a shepherd, and the LORD said, 'These people have no master. Let each one go home in peace.' "

18 The king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "Didn't I tell you that he never prophesies anything good about me, but only bad?"

19 Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD : I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the host of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left. 20 And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'

"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'

22 " 'By what means?' the LORD asked.

" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.

" 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD . 'Go and do it.'

23 "So now the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The LORD has decreed disaster for you."

24 Then Zedekiah son of Kenaanah went up and slapped Micaiah in the face. "Which way did the spirit from the LORD go when he went from me to speak to you?" he asked.

25 Micaiah replied, "You will find out on the day you go to hide in an inner room."

26 The king of Israel then ordered, "Take Micaiah and send him back to Amon the ruler of the city and to Joash the king's son 27 and say, 'This is what the king says: Put this fellow in prison and give him nothing but bread and water until I return safely.' "

28 Micaiah declared, "If you ever return safely, the LORD has not spoken through me." Then he added, "Mark my words, all you people!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I still don't see all the fuss?

:)

I know after 9-11, the "buzz" was more along the lines of "God withholding His protection because of our sin."

Whether the cause be God leading the terrorists here like He led the Babylonians to attack Judah, or the cause be God withholding His hand of protection when the enemy came to strike - are they not both different forms of judgment?

After 911 - "God bless America" once again became a popular, and accepted, expression. There was hope!

But like the words in Revelation, "they still did not repent of the work of their hands;" nor "of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts." (Rev. 9:20,21)

And I wonder - are we Christians in America as a whole interceding for this land and for our culture and for our leaders as we should?

:)

There is so much I love about my country. I will defend it to the death. But I have preached in our pulpits, and I have talked to, ministered to, and basically seen much of the heart of the average congregation. (There are exceptions) There is wickedness in the church today.

A friend of mine just came back from a party held after a wedding in which the many leaders of this Charismatic church attended. They were drunk, the women wore dresses that left nothing to the imagination, and unless you knew these people were christians, you would not know that they were christians. He left in disgust. That church has a high divorce rate, and an elder who had left his wife for another woman later spoke from the pulpit at their business meeting. While the leadership knew of his involvement.

I would like to tell you that is my only story, but it isn't. The church is full of these stories from all over the continent.

And before any of you Cessationist try to use those stories against us, I know your stories too. I would be glad to share those also. Actually, I wouldn't be glad, but I will share them. It is a problem within the whole body in America. We have no fear of God. We are so Grace-oriented, that the fear of the Lord is foreign to our mindset. I am Grace-oriented, with an incredible fear of God washing up my shores reminding me to please Him who paid the highest price for me.