• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

Thanks for the suggestions about what to say. I disagree though, about not doing it at home....

"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, 'Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.' In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, 'This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.' For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes" (I Corinthians 11:23- 26).

This is implying that we can do it as often as we want. It is a "rememberance" thing we are doing for the Lord, to remind us of what He did for us......does that mean that we should only remember when we go to church, and they happen to do Communion? No-we should remember what He did often I think!

My pastor did a very detailed teaching for a couple of weeks on Communion. One lady said that she had a bad torn ligament or something like that in her shoulder. She was doing Communion occasionally at home, but not every night. The Lord spoke to her and said that if she did Communion every night for 40 days, that He would heal her shoulder.

She started doing it every night. About a couple of weeks into it, God spoke to her and told her stop taking her medicines for her shoulder. She did, and Satan attacked her horribly for about two days. She kept it up, not taking her medicine, and at the very end of 40 days, God healed her shoulder completely.

Other people in my church started taking Communion every night and God worked miracles in their lives.

God bless! :emot-cheering:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I've been trying to take communion at home every day.....but the problem is, I don't know what to say when I take it!

What are the WORDS that you say as you eat the bread/cracker and drink the juice?

My pastor did a sermon on communion, and the words he spoke to say were very long and detailed and my poor brain just can't wrap around it at all.

Tried googling it with no luck, and the Bible references didn't exactly say what words to SAY, only that they "did it in rememberance of Him"

Need some short, sweet, meaningful words for a very forgetful person like myself. lol

There are a couple of passages you could read:

For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: on the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took bread, gave thanks, broke it, and said, "This is My body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of Me." In the same way He also took the cup, after supper, and said, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes. Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy way will be guilty of sin against the body and blood of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:23-27 HCSB

or

As they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take and eat it; this is My body." Then He took a cup, and after giving thanks, He gave it to them and said, "Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood that establishes the covenant; it is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins. But I tell you, from this moment I will not drink of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it in a new way in My Father's kingdom with you."

Matthew 26:26-29 HCSB

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The Lord spoke to her and said that if she did Communion every night for 40 days, that He would heal her shoulder. ... snip ... Other people in my church started taking Communion every night and God worked miracles in their lives.

I have a problem with statements like these. For one, communion is not a healing process, it is a remembrance one. God heals out of love and I have not seen where penance is required to be healed anywhere in scripture. Since God does not go against anything in His word, I am going to ask that you provide scripture showing that anyone repetitively did anything to gain His favor in healing.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

The Lord spoke to her and said that if she did Communion every night for 40 days, that He would heal her shoulder. ... snip ... Other people in my church started taking Communion every night and God worked miracles in their lives.

I have a problem with statements like these. For one, communion is not a healing process, it is a remembrance one. God heals out of love and I have not seen where penance is required to be healed anywhere in scripture. Since God does not go against anything in His word, I am going to ask that you provide scripture showing that anyone repetitively did anything to gain His favor in healing.

I did not mean to imply that God only heals us if we do Communion-I'm sorry if that's what it sounded like. I was merely telling you what happened with a friend of mine and some people in my church. No, I do not have scripture references-I can only tell you what happened to those people.

We can agree to disagree about when to take Communion. I choose to "remember" what Jesus did for me every day-others may want to do it only at church. I don't think either of us are "wrong".

I did not mean to imply that God only heals us if we do Communion-I'm sorry if that's what it sounded like. I was merely telling you what happened with a friend of mine and some people in my church. No, I do not have scripture references-I can only tell you what happened to those people.

We can agree to disagree about when to take Communion. I choose to "remember" what Jesus did for me every day-others may want to do it only at church. I don't think either of us are "wrong".

I am not in disagreement with you on communion being able to be done alone, at home. I do have trouble with people who claim miracles happening because they do something specific, like taking communion for 40 days straight. You can tell us what they said, but to believe them is another story all together. Be very careful in what you believe. Even Satan came as an angle of light and deceived. He will be coming again to deceive even more, as we read in 2 Thessalonians 2:9 ... The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders ... be careful ... test the spirits.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I think we can have communion at home, I hope I did not give that impression.

I had a problem with doing it outside of the Church, the Body of believers; doing it alone. Our pastor gives communion at home all of the time, or in the hospital or in any number of places.

Baptism and Communion are indeed different in what they do and what they are, however they are both sacred things commissioned by Christ Himself and they are part of His Body on earth, the Church. If we can give communion to ourselves we can baptize ourselves also.

Why would anyone be against baptizing ourselves? Why not?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I had a problem with doing it outside of the Church, the Body of believers; doing it alone. Our pastor gives communion at home all of the time, or in the hospital or in any number of places.

Baptism and Communion are indeed different in what they do and what they are, however they are both sacred things commissioned by Christ Himself and they are part of His Body on earth, the Church. If we can give communion to ourselves we can baptize ourselves also.

Part of baptism is it being a public testimony of our faith. Doing it by ones self would sort of mitigate against that function

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I am not in disagreement with you on communion being able to be done alone, at home. I do have trouble with people who claim miracles happening because they do something specific, like taking communion for 40 days straight. You can tell us what they said, but to believe them is another story all together. Be very careful in what you believe. Even Satan came as an angle of light and deceived. He will be coming again to deceive even more, as we read in 2 Thessalonians 2:9 ... The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders ... be careful ... test the spirits.

Ok, i'm notin total agreeance either, but I do want to point out that the tithe is something that carries a 'conditional' blessing.

I'm not trying to say your wrong, onelight, because i am siding with you, but i am trying to see what you think about this.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Part of baptism is it being a public testimony of our faith. Doing it by ones self would sort of mitigate against that function

Yes, and part of communion is "communing" with the Body of Christ as one Body. It is a show of unity of the Body and of the Faith.

Thus for the same reason it cannot be done alone, anymore than we can baptize ourselves.

These are roles of the Church.

Yes, and part of communion is "communing" with the Body of Christ as one Body. It is a show of unity of the Body and of the Faith.

Thus for the same reason it cannot be done alone, anymore than we can baptize ourselves.

These are roles of the Church.

They are spoken as communion by the church because it was something they did together. That is what the word means. Christ, however, never used the word Himself. All He told us was to do this in remembrance of Him. There is nothing in scripture that instructs us not to remember Him alone in this way. This has become a church doctrine, as if it can only be done by a priest or pastor in some denominations.