~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I met up with my friend yesterday and told her to compare the two Bibles because they are different. Her response was that she already compared them and that there were only "minor" differences. :thumbsup: Now she wants me to take her to kingdom hall in exchange for her coming to my church. I agreed. Eeek.

Don't do it ... give no place to the devil. The "minor" differences are not minor. Just one example needs to be seen to know that they do not believe Jesus is God, but a god ... lower case, not important.

New World Translation - John 1:1

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

NKJV John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You need to go no further to see they are not Christians. Do not allow their lies to enter into you mind. I suggest that you research all the differences between their version and your version and stick to that. Going to your church will mean nothing to her if she does not see the lie in His word.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

EDIT: DOUBLE POST

I know that they are not Christians. She, on the other hand, still thinks that they are Christians. I don't feel that I'm putting myself at risk in any way by going to kingdom hall, I'm just worried about her. But if I can get her to come to my church, don't you think that's a good thing?

I said all these things to her about them not being Christians and she doesn't believe me. I don't know what else to say to her. She is pretty set I think.

I know that they are not Christians. She, on the other hand, still thinks that they are Christians. I don't feel that I'm putting myself at risk in any way by going to kingdom hall, I'm just worried about her. But if I can get her to come to my church, don't you think that's a good thing?

I said all these things to her about them not being Christians and she doesn't believe me. I don't know what else to say to her. She is pretty set I think.

So tell me, how is going to the KH and her going to your church going to change her mind if she refuses to see what is in front of her eyes when you show her how they have changed scripture? I just don't see how this will help ... :thumbsup:

I understand your concern for her and am empathetic about this, but Gods word can be the only thing that will change her, not a church. Have you shown her the original Greek? Here is a link that you can easily download the Interlinear Bible that shows you exactly how the original text is written. http://www.scripture4all.org/

So tell me, how is going to the KH and her going to your church going to change her mind if she refuses to see what is in front of her eyes when you show her how they have changed scripture? I just don't see how this will help ... :thumbsup:

I understand your concern for her and am empathetic about this, but Gods word can be the only thing that will change her, not a church. Have you shown her the original Greek? Here is a link that you can easily download the Interlinear Bible that shows you exactly how the original text is written. http://www.scripture4all.org/

Thanks for the website! i've never seen anything like that. Do you know if there is a hard copy book like this?

So if I don't go, what should I tell her? She is coming to church with me on Sunday. Do I let her go to my church and then tell her I can't make it to kingdom hall? Would that be wrong of me to do?

Thanks for the website! i've never seen anything like that. Do you know if there is a hard copy book like this?

So if I don't go, what should I tell her? She is coming to church with me on Sunday. Do I let her go to my church and then tell her I can't make it to kingdom hall? Would that be wrong of me to do?

Be honest with her now and don't wait until after she goes to your church. It is like the devil to "make a deal" with people. Look at how he tried to make a deal with Jesus in the desert.

As for the book version, you can find Interlinear Bibles at bookstores like Borders, but to be honest, the software is so much faster.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

I met up with my friend yesterday and told her to compare the two Bibles because they are different. Her response was that she already compared them and that there were only "minor" differences. :thumbsup: Now she wants me to take her to kingdom hall in exchange for her coming to my church. I agreed. Eeek.

Keep prayed up and take a pair of ear plugs :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Not a good move, imo.

This is the only way she would come to my church. :thumbsup:

Of course you could always share the true gospel of Jesus Christ with them, perhaps more then one might consider attending your church

• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

attending their church in exchange for them coming to yours....

ok, who goes first??????

if you go to theirs first, they will not come to yours.........

they are good at saying things to get you into their church..... then it is ambush time......

even if they do not ambush you there, you will start getting more and more frequent visits..... almost pestering you......

the J.W. know where I live, and they know what houses are mine, they still try to feed me a line, some more then others, but some will just walk by now....

be careful....

mike

Having given it a lot of thought, I have decided not to go to the JW church. The reason being that I don't want to be responsible for introducing and possibly even indirectly supporting a false doctrine.

I am going to send her an e-mail that I can't go to kingdom hall with her. What words should I use?