• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

So guys, what do you think about the whole "name it, claim it" controversy? Is it Biblical or not?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I do not ascribe to "name it, claim it" as I understand the whole movement... however, I find this passage to be absolutely true...

22"Have[f] faith in God," Jesus answered. 23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."[g]

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I do not ascribe to "name it, claim it" as I understand the whole movement... however, I find this passage to be absolutely true...

22"Have[f] faith in God," Jesus answered. 23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."[g]

I don't know anything about the movement, but this verse sums up ...name it, claim it and believe it you shall receive it.

Can someone explain this movement?

I have never met a believer in Name it and claim it who could explain to me why it was necessary for Christians to ever die. IOW, when on the brink of death, why not just name and claim life and you would never die?

Great point!

For that matter, why not just go to the graveyard and name and claim them all back to life? Or go to the hospitals and clear them out by claiming healing for all the patients?

The most telling for me is that Paul did not "name and claim" healing for the "thorn in his side." Or even for Timothy's stomach problems.

Or in Daniel 3:17-18 which says: "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He will rescue us from your hands, O King. But even if He does not we want you to know, O King, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."

Well, it goes hand in hand with the prosperity gospel preachers who claim God wants all believers rich. They pretty much turn God into a genie who grants whatever they ask for as long as they claim it in Jesus' name.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

So guys, what do you think about the whole "name it, claim it" controversy? Is it Biblical or not?

not, being that everything (except Gods unconditional love for us) has conditions on it..... even our salvation is conditional, we have to accept the gift.....

as far as other stuff, we are instructed how that is to come about, and it has nothing to do the blabbing it and grabbing it....

seek ye FIRST................THEN................ (CONDITION...)

IF, THEN constitutes condition....

when it is said that He will give us the desires of our hearts, what is really meant? if we are truely following HIM, then the desires of our heart are no longer about us, it is about Christ and those that we are to be serving, those lost souls and bringing them to Christ, not about a car, or phone or junk like that, but eternal desires.....

mike

Well, it goes hand in hand with the prosperity gospel preachers who claim God wants all believers rich. They pretty much turn God into a genie who grants whatever they ask for as long as they claim it in Jesus' name.

yep, and then when it does not happen, they no longer trust in God..... they are blown ever which way by the wind..... no roots..

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I don't know anything about the movement, but this verse sums up ...name it, claim it and believe it you shall receive it.

Jesus always taught the will of the Father and never of man. When He spoke about praying and believing, He was teaching that if we are praying Gods will into our life, believe it will happen and it will. It has nothing to do with asking for a million dollars and believing we will have it, that you will get the money. It is always about what Gods will is for us.

it is out of context is what is happening, they have left out the condition that was set upon us... man.... part is our faith, another part, is (just waht is listed here) IF YOU HOLD ANYTHING AGAINST ANYONE, FORGIVE HIM..... hmmm forgiveness.... how many here are holding unforgiveness?????

how many here have offended their brother and have failed to go to their brother and make ammends????

conditions.....

mike

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

They seem to leave out this scripture.

1Jn 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

We have to ask in God's will, sometimes our will and our desires are not in oine with His.