~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

I needed to lose between 10-12 pounds. I did low carb, lost weight, then ate carbs and gained it back. Did this about 3 times. lol

I now count calories. This is the basic system that Weight Watchers, the Biggest Loser, Jenny Craig are based on - but free. It's just scientific that to lose weight, you need to take in fewer calories than you burn.

Here is a tool you can use to find out what your caloric intake should be to lose weight, at a healthy rate.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Don't try to lose it too fast. The slower it comes off, the less likely it is you'll put it on.

You can use www.fitday.com to enter the foods that you eat and any excercise you do (even housework and shopping) and it will calculate calories you take in and put out. It takes a bit of getting used to. After a while you'll get to know your high calorie from low cal. I eat whatever I want really though. If I am going to eat a turkey dinner, I will limit my calories at breakfast and lunch - just eating low cal foods for those meals. I pick one day a week to eat whatever I want all day.

Weight watchers cookbooks are available at libraries. All kinds of low cal recipes available on the Net too.

If you don't have the time to do this, what others said about replacing many of the carbs with veggies is good, as it advice on excercising 3 times a week. I try to excercise 5 times a week.

I personally found it helpful to be vigilant in recording everything.

That sounds good but I eat ALL the time; I'm always hungry too, it's not eating out of boredom. I would be writing all day long. I don't tend to fat but carbs WILL put the weight on me. I tried Weight Watchers after my last baby and GAINED weight! :emot-highfive:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I eat just one meal a day, around sunset. Been doing this for years. Height - 5'10" - weight 148, solid with no fat. I do get colder faster then every one else, but I still am able to work just as hard, if not harder, then younger people then I. I climb hard lines and still can bike farther then others I ride with. To me, the trick is not how little you eat, but what you eat and if you get any exercise.

Wow! I'm 5'7" and 140. I wonder if I'm overweight? You're really slim, Onelight.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

wow thanks artsylady for all of that!!

Yeh i did the same... I was really skinny cause i had HEAPS of digestive problems for a year, then i tried really hard to put on weight so I ate like 4 times as many calories as i'm supposed to each day and put on too much weight! oops... So now i have to go back a little bit and try to do it all a bit slower...

I guess moderation is the key.

And yes I agree low carbs is a good start!

I needed to lose between 10-12 pounds. I did low carb, lost weight, then ate carbs and gained it back. Did this about 3 times. lol

I now count calories. This is the basic system that Weight Watchers, the Biggest Loser, Jenny Craig are based on - but free. It's just scientific that to lose weight, you need to take in fewer calories than you burn.

Here is a tool you can use to find out what your caloric intake should be to lose weight, at a healthy rate.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Don't try to lose it too fast. The slower it comes off, the less likely it is you'll put it on.

You can use www.fitday.com to enter the foods that you eat and any excercise you do (even housework and shopping) and it will calculate calories you take in and put out. It takes a bit of getting used to. After a while you'll get to know your high calorie from low cal. I eat whatever I want really though. If I am going to eat a turkey dinner, I will limit my calories at breakfast and lunch - just eating low cal foods for those meals. I pick one day a week to eat whatever I want all day.

Weight watchers cookbooks are available at libraries. All kinds of low cal recipes available on the Net too.

If you don't have the time to do this, what others said about replacing many of the carbs with veggies is good, as it advice on excercising 3 times a week. I try to excercise 5 times a week.

I personally found it helpful to be vigilant in recording everything.

That sounds good but I eat ALL the time; I'm always hungry too, it's not eating out of boredom. I would be writing all day long. I don't tend to fat but carbs WILL put the weight on me. I tried Weight Watchers after my last baby and GAINED weight! :emot-highfive:

Got the same problem here MG! I'm home all day so I eat all day! Eating eating, computer, eating... I'm not bored either, just food is so tasty!

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

don't tend to fat but carbs WILL put the weight on me. I tried Weight Watchers after my last baby and GAINED weight!

Wow, what went wrong?

don't tend to fat but carbs WILL put the weight on me. I tried Weight Watchers after my last baby and GAINED weight!

Wow, what went wrong?

Well with diet food i tend to eat a LOT more! Maybe that's the problem??

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I eat just one meal a day, around sunset. Been doing this for years. Height - 5'10" - weight 148, solid with no fat. I do get colder faster then every one else, but I still am able to work just as hard, if not harder, then younger people then I. I climb hard lines and still can bike farther then others I ride with. To me, the trick is not how little you eat, but what you eat and if you get any exercise.

Wow! I'm 5'7" and 140. I wonder if I'm overweight? You're really slim, Onelight.

I am your height and weigh heaps more. You are a great weight!

]

Got the same problem here MG! I'm home all day so I eat all day! Eating eating, computer, eating... I'm not bored either, just food is so tasty!

I'm not home during the day, ever, but I still snack all the time. I'm not really a dinner eater though. Maybe I'm full from eating all day.... :emot-highfive:

Wow, what went wrong?

The food was too high in carbs and I HATED the weigh ins! Ugh...and the meetings. They talked about food ALL the time and my instructor outweighed me by at least 50 pounds (after losing a lot!) No inspiration there. I just didn't get it.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I'm not home during the day, ever, but I still snack all the time. I'm not really a dinner eater though. Maybe I'm full from eating all day....

They say small meals are better than 3 large ones. And also eating a lot at night is not good,so you may be doing it right after all.