making wrong decisions

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

I am notorious for making wrong decisions! I blunder a LOT... I would even go so far as to say it's more often I do mess up than I don't. I'm under guilt and fear much of the time, due to this. ( Satan sure knows our vulnerabilities. And plays on them, every chance he gets. ) Friday, I made a call to my dad to see if he was feeling better and keeping any food down. That in itself was stupid, because I, of all people should know that when ill...sleep is a must. Anyway, I apologized for waking him. Then, I asked if my daughter had called there at all to say she had got back home (quite a distance ...to her town, safely.) You see, her car was acting up real bad and I was concerned she may have broken down or got stranded somewhere. ( She had spent Thanksgiving with the family, stayed overnight there and was heading back sometime Friday.) My dad said no, seeming slightly perturbed. Maybe still disoriented from his disturbed sleep or from his dementia... I would have called her myself, but her boyfriend - who has serious mental issues and was furious that she'd spent Thanksgiving with her family ( he wants her all to himself! ) had sent me a very nasty email. The final words being, "Never call my house again!" He pays the phonebill, as she has no income of her own to have a separate phone... So I was cruelly forbidden to have any contact via phone with my own daughter! Just because he has issues of both paranoia and possessiveness! So next I did something even WORSE... I asked dad to talk to my brother's girlfriend. I told her I was wondering if my daughter had maybe called her ( to let her know she'd arrived home okay.) This led to my explaining I'd been banned from calling her up anymore ... To which she said she "wanted to give him a piece of her mind." But I begged her not to... Because I wanted NOT to cause any stress for my very ill DAD (who lives with my brother's girlfriend and brother) nor any problems for my DAUGHTER. So then she promised she would just nicely ask to speak with my daughter, saying we were both concerned if she'd arrived home okay. And that I'd been harshly informed by the boyfriend that I could no longer call her there, so wondered if there was any other way of reaching her. Well, my dad must have caught on ( and viewed me as troublemaking. ) Because at the end of the talk between me and my brother's girlfriend, she asked dad if he wanted to talk to me. I heard an angry "NO" from him in the background! Dad is very protective of my adult brother, still looking upon him as a child...( and not wanting this to cause friction between my brother and his girlfriend. No quarrels.) Yep, it sounds like a soap opera I know. But the saddest parts are that my daughter and i had a nice, long conversation on the phone on Thanksgiving. I felt closer to her than I have in ages. And now this will probably cause her to be mad at me! ( I'm sure it likely led to a big fight between my daughter and her boyfriend, once she realized he said I was not to call there ever.) And I certainly don't want to upset my dad, who has heart troubles and now liver cancer. Knowing that dad's time left on this earth may be short, I've been extra loving to him via phone. And planning to mail him letter soon to express how much he means to me, along with a Gospel presentation. So of course Satan doesn't want this and won't just stand by idly...assigning demons to cause a rift between me and dad. As well as another between me and my daughter. What do I do now?? What started out as me just concerned that she was safe due to a dangerous car ended in all this turmoil. But God is bigger and I must believe He will somehow work this all out! Please pray with me on this? Also, how do I forgive myself? I have a harder time forgiving me than even my enemies. I am so tired of botching things and making wrong decisions! Even when I mean well... Sigh. Sometimes it really seems like I do more harm than good in this life. If any of you have this same struggle, how do you handle it? Any advice would sure be appreciated. God bless all you who were patient and waded through this long post... ( I stink at keeping things condensed.)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:emot-hug: Turtle

Lord Jesus, I ask for Turtle to feel Your presence surrounding her, leading her, and guiding her. Grant her a new vision, a new revelation of Your love for her. Break through the clouds and strongholds of fear, confusion, doubt, self-hatred, despair, and depression. Bring her into a newness of Your life. Bring healing to her faith, that she may know in her heart as well as her head that her hope is You.

Thank-You Jesus for hearing this prayer

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

First off, don't be so hard on yourself. As far as I can see you did nothing wrong. You have every right to know if your daughter arrived home safely! And as far as her boyfriend in concerned, it's a very bad situation when a man gets that possessive (when he gets angry when she wants to see her own family) He's just a few steps from not letting her out of the house. It wouldn't hurt to keep a journal of how this guy acts in regard to your daughter. I would go so far as to say, make plans to get her out of his house and to a safe place - just in case. Possessive relationships NEVER last. And they usually end BADLY. Your daughter's safety is your main concern.

Even if you have done no wrong, if your father is offended, you should apologize anyway. Let him know all about your concerns for him, both for this life, and the next. Do not be fearful when presenting the gospel. Keep in mind, you would not hesitate from pulling someone out of the way of a speeding train - and the second death is FAR worse than that! The Lord will give you the right words to say.

ALWAYS keep your family in prayer. Keep them before the throne - storm heaven with your prayers! God can keep Satan at bay easily.

And don't be so fearful. The Bible says there is NO condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. God knows we are but dust. We make mistakes, and will always make mistakes as long as we are mortal. Paul called himself the "cheif" of all sinners, always doing what he shouldn't do, so you are not alone in your struggles.

Praying for you...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Oh, and find the numbers and addresses for women's shelters near where your daughter lives - just in case. And there is no harm in talking to a police officer in the town where she lives to let them know about how possessive her boyfriend is. It will give them a head's-up if there is any future trouble, and give you a legal leg to stand on if you need it.

Edited by wyguy

:24: Turtle

Lord Jesus, I ask for Turtle to feel Your presence surrounding her, leading her, and guiding her. Grant her a new vision, a new revelation of Your love for her. Break through the clouds and strongholds of fear, confusion, doubt, self-hatred, despair, and depression. Bring her into a newness of Your life. Bring healing to her faith, that she may know in her heart as well as her head that her hope is You.

Thank-You Jesus for hearing this prayer

Amen. Thank you for this prayer, nebula... I really needed that. And I prayed it along with you, as tears streamed down my face. You listed strongholds I do battle against frequently. I know this is a spiritual warfare. Because Jesus wants my family to be His, (which naturally means that Satan is doing all he can to see that this does not happen.) What saddens me the most is that some progress was finally happening both in their lives and mine...Like the blessing of the phone conversation my daughter and I had when she called me from my dad's house. It was so exciting that God was opening up doors for me to talk with my family about Him. And He was dealing with all of us...drawing us closer to Himself both spiritually and through circumstances. So God has been faithful. Praise His Name! But Satan has vigorously counter-attacked these victories...if that makes any sense.

First off, don't be so hard on yourself. As far as I can see you did nothing wrong. You have every right to know if your daughter arrived home safely! And as far as her boyfriend in concerned, it's a very bad situation when a man gets that possessive (when he gets angry when she wants to see her own family) He's just a few steps from not letting her out of the house. It wouldn't hurt to keep a journal of how this guy acts in regard to your daughter. I would go so far as to say, make plans to get her out of his house and to a safe place - just in case. Possessive relationships NEVER last. And they usually end BADLY. Your daughter's safety is your main concern.

Even if you have done no wrong, if your father is offended, you should apologize anyway. Let him know all about your concerns for him, both for this life, and the next. Do not be fearful when presenting the gospel. Keep in mind, you would not hesitate from pulling someone out of the way of a speeding train - and the second death is FAR worse than that! The Lord will give you the right words to say.

ALWAYS keep your family in prayer. Keep them before the throne - storm heaven with your prayers! God can keep Satan at bay easily.

And don't be so fearful. The Bible says there is NO condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. God knows we are but dust. We make mistakes, and will always make mistakes as long as we are mortal. Paul called himself the "cheif" of all sinners, always doing what he shouldn't do, so you are not alone in your struggles.

Praying for you...

I appreciate all your helpful advice. Starting off by telling me to cut myself some slack (that being concerned my daughter arrived safely in an unsafe vehicle is normal and okay...) That was so important for me to hear, because I do have a problem blaming myself for everything that goes wrong. The precious Scripture verse about there being no condemnation to those in Christ is one I'd forgotten for awhile, until God brought it back to me again just now through your post... God's Word is so comforting! As for my dad, I will definitely apologize and be bold in my sharing of the Gospel with him. You are right about my daughter. Her safety is a huge concern of mine. She did call the police on him once and even moved away from him for awhile. She came back to the area where my family lives. I was elated. And we were finally able to talk freely! (on my dad's phone.) But the house is so full over there she said she felt she needed to get a little apartment of her own. So she did for awhile. But she became so depressed and lonely. Sadly, she went back to her boyfriend. I don't know what kind of powers he holds over her! He must be a smooth talker with her and deceptive, but I see him as a wolf seeking prey to devour. Thanks for your prayers.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Turtle, I want to share these lyrics with you. I posted these eons ago, I hope the link works for you:

For the hurting

I am particularly thinking of the song "We Will Rise" and a line in there about "our failures". I wish I could get the music for you to go with the lyrics, but the lyrics will have to suffice.

I hope these minister to you. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Praying

Turtle, I want to share these lyrics with you. I posted these eons ago, I hope the link works for you:

For the hurting

I am particularly thinking of the song "We Will Rise" and a line in there about "our failures". I wish I could get the music for you to go with the lyrics, but the lyrics will have to suffice.

I hope these minister to you. :huh:

The link did work and the words were a blessing! Comforting, encouraging lyrics... I could hear the tunes in my head as I read the ones by the Talbots and Al Denson ...So I know I heard them years ago. But somehow the words never hit home in the way they do now. Thanks.