• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1993

For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.

Personally this verse spells out my life so far. What do I do but what i hate? I am a jerk and I sin and I don't know what to do about it. I seek God but in my alone time the want for God is eroded by lust and carelessness. What can I do to want God in my alone time as well as my time in church or fellowship?

A Mighty Man Of Valor

Gregor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I don't think anyone knows exactly what Paul s talking about in this verse except that he is not perfect. We all, when trying to walk with the Lord, find ourselves a bit short. The closer we try to get to Him, the further we notice we are from Him. It is almost like seeing a mountain in the distance over the plains. We see it and say "We will be there soon", but after hours of traveling, it is still far off in the distance.

The key is not to give up, but to continue to draw close to Him. Keep trying to do His will in your life.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

There are 2 generally accpeted views of this passage:

1. It represents Paul's experience post conversion

2. It represents Paul's experience pre-conversion

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hello elusive Gregor :blink:

Glad you are still here. :laugh:

As we grow in our walk with knowing Jesus and believing G-d, we find it is a learning process....just because we are saved does not automatically mean we are going to do things right...we have to work at it, and understand that there is a battle being waged. Before you were a Believer the enemy wanted to keep you from knowing G-d...now that you know Jesus as L-rd and Saviour, his plans are to spoil your walk with G-d and make you ineffective, and to lead a defeated life. You are also up against the lust of your flesh, the lust of your eyes and the pride of life...all of which can be used against you.

1Thess 4:3 It is God