• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

:thumb:

If Christians do not give any power to satan then he has no power over us. Halloween is just a time for kids to go from house to house to get some free candy. Unless you want to make something else out of it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Hi "rwboyd58"!

Abundant blessings be yours in Christ JESUS!

I am interested in what you personally consider to be some examples of Christians giving power to satan.

Thanks in advance.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  94

Hi Timothy,

I believe that any time we give satan a foot hold in our lives we grant him a certain power. I can give you an example in my own life:

When a beautiful girl comes across my path and I let my flesh take over and look upon her in a lustful manner I believe I have given satan some amount of power in me. satan knows all of our weakness and will use them when ever WE give him that chance. In my opion that is granting him some power over our lives.

God bless.

Thanks "rwboyd58",

So, that "foothold" ( or 'giving satan power' ) can be different things for different people, depending on their individual "weaknesses".

Could Halloween then, possibly represent a weakness in any Christian's life?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hey RWboyed,

You're back :read:

I agree with angels4u!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

There are also many pagan origins to the many other so called, "Holidays (Holy Days)" observed by Christians and others. Halloween is just more obvious than others. There are also many other pagan origins in Christianity that are of pagan/devil worship outside of the "Holiday" observances.

Amen to that Frank,

And thanks for the links. I'll have to check them out later. Cheers  :thumb:

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  108

HALLOWEEN MODERN-DAY SACRIFICES OF THE DEAD

The World's Thanksgiving Day A Part Of The Ancient Pagan Harvest Festivals

True Stories About Christmas

The Real Meaning Behind Valentine's Day

An Easter Rememberance

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

There are also many pagan origins to the many other so called, "Holidays (Holy Days)" observed by Christians and others. Halloween is just more obvious than others. There are also many other pagan origins in Christianity that are of pagan/devil worship outside of the "Holiday" observances.

Before you judge others in their observance of Halloween you might want to check yourselves first (cf. Mattithyah [Matthew] 7:1-6).

Here is a link on Halloween and some other upcoming "Holidays" you may be about to observe.

HALLOWEEN MODERN-DAY SACRIFICES OF THE DEAD

The World's Thanksgiving Day A Part Of The Ancient Pagan Harvest Festivals

True Stories About Christmas

The Real Meaning Behind Valentine's Day

An Easter Rememberance

Hello Frank,

There seems to be some truth to some of those links you gave, but this house of Yahweh business is not for me. I also clicked on the "Temple" at the bottom. And while I do believe that the Jews will rebuild their Temple in Jerusalem, it means nothing to me, except that it is an endtimes event and sign.

Although the Jews will rebuild this new Temple, it is all in vain. Because they rejected their Messiah, they are now temporarily spiritually blind. Christ is building a Temple that will come down out of heaven.

Don't mistake my comments as being against the Jews, because that couldn't be farther from the truth. God will once again deal with Israel after He is finished with the Gentile believers.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  69
  • Birthday:  11/26/1968

Once and for all~

Deuteronomy 18:10-13

Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in withchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults with the dead.  Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord, the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you.  You must be blameless before the Lord your God.

For an absolute fact:  On Halloween night, the people who practice these things, consider this night to be the most active and powerful night.  Now, I am not into giving satan any day of his own or giving him any glory at all, quite the contrary.....Because the occult and satanists consider this night their night and satan's holiday, I will completly "flee from the very appearance of evil" like the Bible tells us to do.  Halloween celebrates all of these things mentioned above, death, siances, gouls, ghosts(living dead) so on.  Whether that is the intention of a parents heart or not when they dress their children up, they are celebrating a holiday that is absolutely contridictary to the very character of Christ and all that is mentioned in Deutoronomy 18:9-13!!!!  

Argue as you may......there is no way around this......anything that glorifies this night or celebrates it is in direct contridiction to what Jesus would do with this night.  Do you think He would participate?    He can have nothing to do with anything that even appears evil.

@ His feet and humbly revealing truth the Lord has shown through experiences in the occult.......Lorie :read: