still shunned by "friends"...feeling alone again

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I know I've posted about this before and I here I am again. I'm very saddened by the loss of what I thought to be my "friends". Many of them were very close to me. They ignore my e-mails. They don't call or want to hang out with me anymore. And I know why. I'm one of "them" now. I've officially crossed the line...even with "christian" friends. They treat me like an alien so often that sometimes I begin to feel like one.

God help me.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

God and Jesus is allways your friend

Blessings

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/12/1985

I know being lonely can be emotionally draining. wanting to read the bible and singing songs become less and less appealing. i'm not typing in the spirit, i don't have scripture to give you. i'm in doubt weather i should post this due to me still being lonely for about 5 years. advice from me is a bad idea about this.

i havn't been close to anyone emotionally or talk to alot of people. i do talk to people just not sharing close friendship with anyone. Try not to think God brought this upon you(trust me, it's not going to help). i've thrown my bible away three times, almost became an atheist, and didnt' care for God anymore. something i do regret. Don't throw your fellowship with god because of this.

Mary Mart-He's so close, is a nice song to listen to.

You are my God-Rich mullins is a very good song.

both are slow with Mary Mary song more secular sounding and the Rich Mullins song is more about having fellowship with your creator.

Learn to fly-Third Day is a nice pacing song

(first verse)

My troubled heart makes me weak, i wait for you to comfort me, and in you i'll will find my strength, i will soar on the wings of eagles. i will learn to fly high above this world, and i will soar on the wings of eagles i will learn to fly i will learn to fly high above this world.

my hope is in you-Third Day another good song.

To you oh Lord, i lift my soul. in you of God, i place my trust. do not let me be put to shame. don't let my enemies triumph over me. my hope is in you. show me your ways. guide me in truth in all my days. my hope is in you.

Rise Up-third day is another good song to listen.

I was there when you were torn apart, now a piece of you is gone. somehow you wish that you could only find a little strength to carry on. You try to hard to try and make it on your own. and that your heart has come undone and so i am here to prove that i alone have the power to over come don't let your heart be troubled this world will never keep you down it will never keep you down. so rise up my friend. know this will never be the end. so rise up my friend.

The Truth-ZOEgirl

They called you a failure, they called you lost cause. they said you would never become anything at all. Of a generation with no direction. but when i look into your eye i see the fright yet to(not sure what she says) i'll say it once i'll say it twice. but your life was worth the price. paid for you, paid for me. and i believe in you and i know you'll find the truth. i know you've been broken. cause i'll seen the aviance(i think that what she says) i know theres a place inside your heart begging for truth for a soft spoken answer that won't brake your spirit

This is my offering-Third day. very good song.

Of all the things you've created, still you choose to think of me, who am i that you should suffer your very life to set me free. the only i can give you, is this life you've gave to me. this is my offering dear lord this is my offering to you God. and i will give you my life for it's all i have to give because you gave your life for me. I stand before at this alter. so many have given you more, i may not have much i can offer yet what i have is true to you.

not sure how much help this will be since i'm not typing in the spirit to help.

I know I've posted about this before and I here I am again. I'm very saddened by the loss of what I thought to be my "friends". Many of them were very close to me. They ignore my e-mails. They don't call or want to hang out with me anymore. And I know why. I'm one of "them" now. I've officially crossed the line...even with "christian" friends. They treat me like an alien so often that sometimes I begin to feel like one.

God help me.

I work nights and get isolated by the work schedule. We all need some alone time with the Lord, but it gets lonely sometimes.

My experience may sound a bit cold hearted, but I've spent time on drugs with other addicts, and on the streets and got to know human nature pretty well. Sometimes it ain't pretty. Here's the bottom line: if a so-called "friend" is ignoring you as you describe, then in all likelihood they were never true friends to begin with. That said, ask the Lord for some other believers to fellowship with -- even if you have to change churches to do so. It's too important for your spiritual life not to.

if I stop witnessing to them and let them out of my life will I be doing wrong by giving up on them. What did Jesus do to he people who treated him this way. Did he leave them?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Do you really need people in your life who would desert you so completely because you do not 'fit' their comfort zone anymore? No one ever said that being a Christian is easy - there have been Christians throughout the ages who have lost everything on earth - family, money, homes and even their lives for following the Lord. By comparison - you are not being contacted by email by a people who are apparently not interested in the changes in your life and liked the old you. Not a big sacrifice when you think of it. :emot-hug:

Do you really need people in your life who would desert you so completely because you do not 'fit' their comfort zone anymore? No one ever said that being a Christian is easy - there have been Christians throughout the ages who have lost everything on earth - family, money, homes and even their lives for following the Lord. By comparison - you are not being contacted by email by a people who are apparently not interested in the changes in your life and liked the old you. Not a big sacrifice when you think of it. :amen:

It's not a big sacrifice at all. I will take Jesus to these people any day. I just don't want to wrong Him by taking these people out of my life. Does that make sense? I will GLADLY tell them goodbye but I don't want to upset God by doing so. They bring me down. They insult me. Their sins are getting in the way with my relationship with God. I would want nothing more than to be free of them. I just don't want to disobey God. I'm talking in circles now. :(

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

When Jesus sent the disciples out two by two, one of His instructions were:

12 "As you enter the house, give it your greeting. 13 "If the house is worthy, give it your blessing of peace. But if it is not worthy, take back your blessing of peace. 14 "Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. (Matt. 10)

As hard as it is, sometimes you need to back of and let go. Give your friends over to the Lord and get out of the way - if it helps to look at it that way.

I know it's hard losing friends, though. :amen:

12 "As you enter the house, give it your greeting. 13 "If the house is worthy, give it your blessing of peace. But if it is not worthy, take back your blessing of peace. 14 "Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. (Matt. 10)

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. :amen: