duckling

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

How do you know God is real? i don't think anyone can know just by a book for real or people would have to believe in everything they read so how do you know for a fact that God is real?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

It's not about "knowing", it's about believing. It's called faith.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0

It helps if you're willing to ignore scientific evidence.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

How do you know God is real?
i don't think anyone can know just by a book for real or people would have to believe in everything they read so how do you know for a fact that God is real?

Have ever seen the wind? no, but you can see the effects of the wind. Concider the earth, the Bible teaches he can be revealled in nature. There is so much design/order to earth, universe, and humans, we have to conclude that there must be a super intelligent being, how could the universe,earth, and humans just come about on there own? In terms of humans, we stand alone compared to all other creatures on earth. We are far more superior then any other creature on earth. Think of our ability to communicate, create, invent, understand, what else can do what we do at the level we do it. My point is that from intelligence comes intelligence. The bible teaches that we were created in His image. Have you ever wondered why the earth is just the right distence from the sun to sustain life? Accident or on purpose? His creation reflects His intelligence. What about our conscience, the purpose of our conscience? It's Gods' way of letting us know He is real and to know right from wrong. In Romans 1:18-19 backs a lot of this up. I hope this helps! :thumbsup:

e lansing

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

I think science helps prove the existence of God, because science cannot disprove He exists! :thumbsup:

e lansing

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

How do you know God is real? i don't think anyone can know just by a book for real or people would have to believe in everything they read so how do you know for a fact that God is real?

No book can tell you that God is real. Remember though, that the bible is not a book, it is the living, breathing word of God. And one has to take that in faith. How does one do that? Pray to Jesus and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour, ask forgiveness of your past sins, and invite Him into your life (thats called free will). He is waiting for your invitation, and will never force your hand (He says that you should ask, seek, knock, and He will answer). If you feel ready to do that, I can pray with you and you can personal message me if you want to talk privately.

It is absolutely wonderful that you are asking these questions :thumbsup:

Blessings

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

What evidence would it be that "believers" are ignoring?

faith is the evidence of things unseen. key word in that sentence is EVIDENCE.

someone else used the analogy of wind, it's a good example... you can't see wind, but you can feel the evidence of it in the breeze on your face, and you can see the evidence of it when you look at the leaves on a tree, or a flag on a pole...

so it is with God. He makes himself evident to us. He makes himself real to us in ways that an unbeliever can't even fathom. things that defy logic happen in answer to prayer. or an indescribable peace will come in the midst of turmoil. different instances, custom tailored to fit the specific need of an individual who has asked God to intervene.

and He will make Himself real to you, if you will ask Him to.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0

What evidence would it be that "believers" are ignoring?

Well it depends on the believer because there's so many different interpretations. By far the most most blatant disregard for science comes from the age of the universe/earth and the denial of evolution.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

As others have stated, it is faith. Everyone can see what God has created, but it takes faith to believe He did it. The Bible is more than a book. It is many books in one. Genesis is a book, Exodus is a book, and so on. There men who wrote the words down did so at the urging of the Holy Spirit. The men who wrote the words did not know each other and lived many, many years apart from each other. But the Bible does not contradict itself and is filled with prophecy. Prophecy is history written in advance. The Old Testament told of the Messiah - how He would come, what He would do - and those prophecies have been fulfilled. They also tell of the nation of Israel and how they would be taken from their land and scattered throughout the world, then in the last days they would become a nation once again. This has happened in recent years.

The Bible also talks of the life of Jesus. He did fulfill prophecy in the way He was born, and the fact is that God loves us so much that He chose to become a man in order to allow us the only way to spend eternity with HIm in Heaven. When a person accepts Him as their Saviour, their sins are forgiven. He has forgiven me so much and I am so thankful.

<>< ><>

Nathele