IGNORED

Jesus is God?

~Shalhevet~

Guest shiloh357
Jesus Christ is not God. He prayed to God as we do.

Jesus repeatedly demonstrated that He was/is God during His earthly ministry and subsequent exaltation.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Why does Jesus pray to God while He is on earth? Wouldn't that be praying to Himself?

He has come to be thee example of what it means to be a part of the family of God. John 1:1, Col1:15-17,

John 17:1-5, 14:7 These scriptures are pertty clear as to who Christ is, was, and forever will be! :rolleyes:

People run with blinders on to a few pet verses they do not understand, desperately clinging to those few misunderstood verses to substantiate what someone told them as kids.

Look whos talking! :emot-hug: Mr Nonbeliever remove your blinders and ear plugs please! :laugh:

God came to this earth as a human. This man was to be a suitable sacrifice for the sins of man. During the time between His birth and death He lived as our example since those who were suppose to be repersenting God were failing horriably. One of the main reason He was put on the cross was because He claimed to be the Son of God. In Jewish culture at that time, to claim to be the Son of God was to declare equality with God, and to them this was blasphemy. Jesus knew who He was and the consequence of that claim. Why would He say those things if it were not true. He was either a crazy man or He was in fact who He claim to be, God in the flesh. As the God/man, He, because he became a man, took on a lower form then what He had before He came to earth to our sacrifice and example. [human]. Because he existed as a man he understood the need to pray. Because He knew who He was as a man He prayed. Because He knew what it would take to follow God as a man, He prayed. He prayed to God to be our example of what is nessesary in order to live for God [relationship]. But since you don't accept the reality of the Trinity, you wil never grasp the relationship between God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. They are ONE! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Jesus was trying to provide righteous model for us to follow. Jesus did not need to be baptized, but did it any way. Jesus dealt with temptation in the wilderness in the manner he did in order to show us how to do it.

And no, Jesus would not be praying to Himself. Jesus is a separate person from the Father. The Son is praying to His Father, so He is not praying to Himself.

With all respect and honor to Jesus, I ask my next question. If He were being a righteous model for us to follow, why did He then say on the cross "Father, why have you forsaken me?"

Did Jesus not become God until after the resurrection?

In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and God was the Word. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made. (John 1:1-3)

What else needs to be said?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

This is my two cents on this subject and I am just stating how I came to believe Jesus is God.

When I was searching to see who Jesus was God took me to some verses in the bible. In Exodus we see Moses asking God a question at the burning bush: Exo 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? We see God's answer to it in the next two verses: Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. In God's answer we see that God chose "I am" as His name and it would be His name forever and a memorial to all generations.

Fast forward to the New Testament and we see the Jews questioning Jesus when Jesus makes this statement: Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. The Jews answered Jesus with a question: Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? In answer Jesus says: Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Jesus here used the name that God took for Himself and that the Jews held sacred to God. The Jews, upon hearing this, immediately tried to stone Him.

My first thought on reading that the Jews wanted to stone Jesus was "why". Why would they stone Jesus if, as I have heard before, Jesus was just saying that God existed before Moses? There must be more going on here than meets the eye. After much prayer and searching I found this verse: Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. I saw here that Jesus was doing things that the Jews believed only God can do so they sought to kill Him for making Himself equal with God. To me this made sense of the previous verse where Jesus used the name "I Am" as the reason they wanted to stone Him then would have been that He was applying the name "I Am" to Himself and saying He was God. There was no reason to stone Jesus if He was just saying that God existed before Abraham but, in the Jewish mind, there was plenty of reason to stone Jesus if Jesus was applying God's name to Himself as that would be blasphemy to them.

Fwiw that was my reasoning as a new believer. :emot-highfive:

.... Anyone out there awake? ....

Oh

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1 John 2:22-23

Dear

But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

John 5:17-21

What Can The Matter Be

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

John 16:9

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 11:25-26

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Why does Jesus pray to God while He is on earth? Wouldn't that be praying to Himself?

He has come to be thee example of what it means to be a part of the family of God. John 1:1, Col1:15-17,

John 17:1-5, 14:7 These scriptures are pertty clear as to who Christ is, was, and forever will be! :emot-highfive:

People run with blinders on to a few pet verses they do not understand, desperately clinging to those few misunderstood verses to substantiate what someone told them as kids.

Look whos talking! :24: Mr Nonbeliever remove your blinders and ear plugs please! :emot-highfive:

God came to this earth as a human. This man was to be a suitable sacrifice for the sins of man. During the time between His birth and death He lived as our example since those who were suppose to be repersenting God were failing horriably. One of the main reason He was put on the cross was because He claimed to be the Son of God. In Jewish culture at that time, to claim to be the Son of God was to declare equality with God, and to them this was blasphemy. Jesus knew who He was and the consequence of that claim. Why would He say those things if it were not true. He was either a crazy man or He was in fact who He claim to be, God in the flesh. As the God/man, He, because he became a man, took on a lower form then what He had before He came to earth to our sacrifice and example. [human]. Because he existed as a man he understood the need to pray. Because He knew who He was as a man He prayed. Because He knew what it would take to follow God as a man, He prayed. He prayed to God to be our example of what is nessesary in order to live for God [relationship]. But since you don't accept the reality of the Trinity, you wil never grasp the relationship between God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. They are ONE! :thumbsup:

I agree with most of this and would further state that holding the faith that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh is the essence of being a Christian. My only hang up is the TERM "trinity" and the perceived multiple personages of God. But let me make this clear that Christianity is to believe Christ IS the one true God in human form; which I agree with.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

You state an obvious truth.

He didn't do his own will,

he was sent and the sender is greater

The father is greater than I.

He was born, that was his genesis,; beginning.

He set aside his own will,

he said why does thou call me good, there is none good save one, that is God

Matt 27:18 all authority is GIVEN to me in heaven and earth. If he was God why did it have to be given to him?

in 1 cor 15:20-25 or so after God has put all under Christ then Christ returns subject to God that God may be all in all.

Don't believe the lie of the trinity. Trinity, triune, 3 in one etc etc. and all the terms used to describe them are made up and not biblical.

Gods word is so clearly obvious but you'd never know that with all the wrong doctrine that is believed out there.

Anyone out there awake?

How would you know? You have never met any of them.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

You state an obvious truth.

He didn't do his own will,

he was sent and the sender is greater

The father is greater than I.

He was born, that was his genesis,; beginning.

He set aside his own will,

he said why does thou call me good, there is none good save one, that is God

Matt 27:18 all authority is GIVEN to me in heaven and earth. If he was God why did it have to be given to him?

in 1 cor 15:20-25 or so after God has put all under Christ then Christ returns subject to God that God may be all in all.

Don't believe the lie of the trinity. Trinity, triune, 3 in one etc etc. and all the terms used to describe them are made up and not biblical.

Gods word is so clearly obvious but you'd never know that with all the wrong doctrine that is believed out there.

Anyone out there awake?

How would you know? You have never met any of them.

Can't argue with that one. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Let's begin with the foundational scriptures