• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

there was no such thing as incest back in genesis. God told adam and eve to fill the earth. it's entirely likely that siblings had relations together as man and wife. since people lived to be like 900 years old back then, i'm sure the land of nod probably was populated by some of the wayward decendants of adam and eve.

it was quite some time later when God first put restrictions on who could have relations with whom, and where certain relations became incestuous. you'll find those restrictions in leviticus... chapter 18 i believe. they extend as far as relations between siblings, direct ancestors/descendants, and between aunt/nephew.

:)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

What contradiction?

it was over whether or not they were contradictions in the Bible. It was said that incest was ok back then and now it was not! I said there is not one contradiction in the Bible and they said the incest thing, I said God is the same yestertoday, today and forever. So I look it up and i could see why he saw that. Since there seems to be a lot sharper men and women of God, i thought i would put it out here and see what happens.

e lansing

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

I think the topic creator is basically asking "How did the human race multiply without incest?"

I think the topic creator is basically asking "How did the human race multiply without incest?"

and the simple answer is, incest didn't exist.

Basicly! What say you? I think wyguy along with others make a lot of great points. Things i never thought to consider.

Are you saying that since there was no law given by God at the time men and women were to be like rabbits with who ever and when ever?

What contradiction?

it was over whether or not they were contradictions in the Bible. It was said that incest was ok back then and now it was not! I said there is not one contradiction in the Bible and they said the incest thing, I said God is the same yestertoday, today and forever. So I look it up and i could see why he saw that. Since there seems to be a lot sharper men and women of God, i thought i would put it out here and see what happens.

e lansing

it's not that incest was ok. it's simply that it did not exist. once God laid down the law that it was wrong, He never changed His mind. it was wrong from that point forward. so there is no contradiction. just a "before" and an "after".

Are you saying that since there was no law given by God at the time men and women were to be like rabbits with who ever and when ever?

they were to be fruitful and multiply, so yes, like rabbits. but NOT with whomever and whenever they wanted. a man was to leave his parents and cleave unto ONE WIFE. so indiscriminate promiscuity was not allowed. marital sex between two individuals was allowed. God did not forbid marital relations between a husband and wife until levitical law came into being.

it's not that incest was ok. it's simply that it did not exist. once God laid down the law that it was wrong, He never changed His mind. it was wrong from that point forward. so there is no contradiction. just a "before" and an "after".

Agreed! :thumbsup: thanks!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

they were to be fruitful and multiply, so yes, like rabbits. but NOT with whomever and whenever they wanted. a man was to leave his parents and cleave unto ONE WIFE. so indiscriminate promiscuity was not allowed. marital sex between two individuals was allowed. God did not forbid marital relations between a husband and wife until levitical law came into being.

That would also include leaving mother and father to be with sister too right? I know it's not ok today. But it's still a topic worth discussing.

And like rabbits? lol. I get what you're saying but we know that marriage in God's eye is more than just sexing it up to continue the human race. I know you already know that, but I figured I'd throw that in too.

I guess we're all related in some way aren't we?