IGNORED

Bad is Good and Good is Bad

~Shalhevet~

george, you carry cash on you? you're in a dying breed, my friend. i don't carry cash.

the other day, i was on my way to work, and hungry. i stopped at taco bell and bought a steak quesadilla because it's not messy and i can eat it while driving. (no stones, please!) i pulled out of the drive-thru and onto the street, and the light was red. a young woman was holding a sign that said "hungry and homeless". i rolled down my window and gave her my quesadilla.

i sure hope she enjoyed it, because i sure was hungry at work!

i used to carry "groceries" in my trunk.... ramen noodles, cans of tuna, crackers, stuff that doesn't spoil. i also used to carry the jeans that my husband had outgrown in the trunk. i was always stopping and giving stuff to homeless people. and then one day my pastor told me i had to stop, because i could potentially be making myself a target. that's ok though, i still worked at the food bank and was able to give to the homeless from there.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

"That man is greedy."

We are commanded to give to those who would even spitefully use you.

And didn't Jesus sit with the sinners.

The man who said the poor man was greedy is a muslim, so he doesn't know about Jesus. I mean, he says he believe in Jesus but I don't think in the same way I do.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

A friend of mine says on facebook "I yelled at a homeless guy on the elevator today 'cuz that's the way I roll". She got 6 of her friends to give a "thumbs up" to that comment. I guess being mean is good now????

If you are against homosexuality, you are a hater.

If you are Christian, you are close minded.

This world is BACKWARDS. God have mercy on us!

What a double standard. If you speak up against some practice, your called a hater, or intolerant, bigoted, closed minded, judgemental, holier-than-thou, etc, but the person who yells at that homeless guy is okay? :) People should call her hateful, bigoted, intolerant, etc for making the comments she made. Her firends that gave her a thumbs up are just as bad.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

We can all become so desenthesized to people who are homeless and are just ... there. My daughter was leaving a store with our grand-daughter last week and she met someone she knew coming in and they were chatting. As they were chatting people were streaming in and out around them and the little 2 year old started saying "Mamma, he don't got no food, Mamma".... "Mamma he don't got no shoes, Mamma"... My daughter said the little one got Louder and LOUDER repeating the same thing until about 20 people turned around and looked at this homeless man leaning against the wall...huddled against the cold with flip-flops on. Our grand daughter said - Give him food and socks!!!!! He's cold, Mamma and he don't got no FOOD!!!! She then offered him the fries from a Happy Meal my daughter had bought her. My daughter said - people just stopped and started giving him some money, some food, talking to him. She said she had a couple of dollars in her pocket and handed it to him. He said Thank You and told the baby she was an angel. My daughter said all the way home, the baby kept saying "Where is his people, Mamma"? "Does he go sleep in a bed"? Why is he sad, Mamma? She said a piece of her heart broke knowing that such a little tiny child was asking these hard questions ..... from the mouths of babes...

We can all become so desenthesized to people who are homeless and are just ... there. My daughter was leaving a store with our grand-daughter last week and she met someone she knew coming in and they were chatting. As they were chatting people were streaming in and out around them and the little 2 year old started saying "Mamma, he don't got no food, Mamma".... "Mamma he don't got no shoes, Mamma"... My daughter said the little one got Louder and LOUDER repeating the same thing until about 20 people turned around and looked at this homeless man leaning against the wall...huddled against the cold with flip-flops on. Our grand daughter said - Give him food and socks!!!!! He's cold, Mamma and he don't got no FOOD!!!! She then offered him the fries from a Happy Meal my daughter had bought her. My daughter said - people just stopped and started giving him some money, some food, talking to him. She said she had a couple of dollars in her pocket and handed it to him. He said Thank You and told the baby she was an angel. My daughter said all the way home, the baby kept saying "Where is his people, Mamma"? "Does he go sleep in a bed"? Why is he sad, Mamma? She said a piece of her heart broke knowing that such a little tiny child was asking these hard questions ..... from the mouths of babes...

thanks for making me cry!!

thanks for making me cry!!

:) When her grandpa and I heard, we did the same. She has so much empathy for one so young. She's much like her Mamma....

I wish I could help the homeless more but luckily our city has a great Salvation Army so you see very few of them on the street. We also have great county funding.

I am reminded of that movie The Second Chance with Michael W. Smith. I would love to do work like that.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Believer: " Suffer the little children to come unto me, for such is the kingdom of heaven." What an awesome example.

and then one day my pastor told me i had to stop, because i could potentially be making myself a target

Target for what?

Believer: " Suffer the little children to come unto me, for such is the kingdom of heaven." What an awesome example.

and then one day my pastor told me i had to stop, because i could potentially be making myself a target

Target for what?

Artsy,

This little one has been my "conscience" from the start. She is such a sweetie and when we are together we must look at each flower and smile and speak to EVERYONE and I see things I never notice through her eyes. She's such a blessing!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

wow, is all I can say.

My hubby's cousin is that way, and she also posts them on face book and her friends give her thumbs up - she is 27 yrs. old - she needs lots of prayers!!!