~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

A friend of mine says on facebook "I yelled at a homeless guy on the elevator today 'cuz that's the way I roll". She got 6 of her friends to give a "thumbs up" to that comment. I guess being mean is good now????

If you are against homosexuality, you are a hater.

If you are Christian, you are close minded.

This world is BACKWARDS. God have mercy on us!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Language have been written by the young for some time now, it is just not placed in print. I can remember when I though something was good, I'd say "Man, that's bad!" OK ... so that was years ago, but still, shows that twisting the meaning of words, confusing those who are not in the "now", was a way of remaining different from the "establishment".

gonna sit in my rocker now ... :thumbsup:

it's sad, isn't it? how different the worldly mindset is!

i went to my favorite mexican market today... they have the best prices and good quality meat. but to get there, i have to drive past "tent city"... but they've cleaned up the area now and moved all the tents. still, the whole area is teeming with homeless people.

i saw one woman sitting under the overpass, with her head in her hands, and i thought, wow... i wish i could tell her she's not invisible. i wish i could just pull the car over and ask her to tell me about her life. i imagined that woman laughing with her childen... serving dinner to her husband... playing fetch with the dog... i imagined her cooking and singing and laying her head on a soft pillow with warm covers at night.

i have never met the woman. but in just a moment or two, i pictured her life before the streets. it wasn't much different from the life i live now.

and suddenly i wondered if, while she's sitting there with her head in her hands under a bridge on main street, was she asking herself how she had gotten from "there" to "here" in her life?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

it's sad, isn't it? how different the worldly mindset is!

i went to my favorite mexican market today... they have the best prices and good quality meat. but to get there, i have to drive past "tent city"... but they've cleaned up the area now and moved all the tents. still, the whole area is teeming with homeless people.

i saw one woman sitting under the overpass, with her head in her hands, and i thought, wow... i wish i could tell her she's not invisible. i wish i could just pull the car over and ask her to tell me about her life. i imagined that woman laughing with her childen... serving dinner to her husband... playing fetch with the dog... i imagined her cooking and singing and laying her head on a soft pillow with warm covers at night.

i have never met the woman. but in just a moment or two, i pictured her life before the streets. it wasn't much different from the life i live now.

and suddenly i wondered if, while she's sitting there with her head in her hands under a bridge on main street, was she asking herself how she had gotten from "there" to "here" in her life?

I know many homeless people and they have some of the biggest hearts. In fact, my friend that went missing was at one point homeless. I think he has an apartment now and getting benefits from the county. The coffee shop that I go to has many homeless and many very poor people and addicts. Most would stay far from this place, but I love it. These people to me are like family and now one is missing and we're all upset. I don't know what it's like to be homeless but I do know that they do not deserve to be treated poorly.

I gave a poor man money for coffee and laundry the other day along with some blankets for his new apartment. My muslim friend at the coffee shop told me after I gave him the money, "That man is greedy." I could not believe he said that. He doesn't know this poor man. How dare he say he is greedy. If he were greedy, I would not have given him the money.

And I also hear people complain of the panhandlers a lot, which bothers me. They think they are con artists. My thought is that if they take my money and buy food for their family, GOOD. If they take my money and buy drugs or cigarettes, that's their loss. I cannot assume every person in this world is a con artist.

It's a very sad world.

many pan-handlers are con artists. but many of them aren't. i could tell you all sorts of stories. we used to have a professional pan-handler that worked the corner where i lived. he would get dropped off in the morning, picked up for lunch and brought back, and then picked up for dinner. the person who would pick him up daily drove a nice car. the "homeless" person had a cane, a sign saying disabled vet, homeless please help, and his duffle bag. whenever he got picked up, he would shove his sign and his cane into the bag, toss it into the back seat, and jump in front.

the irony is that one day he really became homeless. then he no longer carried his duffle bag... he pushed a shopping cart. he didn't get picked up anymore. his beard no longer stayed neatly trimmed. then one day he disappeared. it was kinda sad.

another example of how some are cons is this... one day i was picking my husband up from work. there was a guy standing on the curb barefoot, holding sign. it had to be about 110 degrees that day, and i happened to have a pair of large men's flip-flops in the back floorboard that had only been worn once. (i'd gone in barefoot to a walmart one day and grabbed the first pair out of a $1 bin on the way in so i could shop. they were way too big.) so i offered them to the homeless guy and he spat on the ground and said "i don't want shoes, i got shoes in my backpack. i want money." he didn't get a dime from me.

but that being said, most of the homeless really ARE in desparate need, whether they're conning or not. most of them learn to con people because it's a matter of survival. i've got a big heart for the homeless around here, but one thing i never do without being specifically feeling the prompting of the Holy Spirit is give money. i'll buy them food, and water, and i'll often sit and just talk to them... but rarely do i give cash.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"That man is greedy."

We are commanded to give to those who would even spitefully use you.

And didn't Jesus sit with the sinners.

How much like Christ are you!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!

But as far as backwards thinking goes. I have seen posts blasting the health care bill

by Christians not because of abortion or killing grammy but because we will have to pay for it.

Like your friend getting the thumbs up, this was a moment that surprised me.

I'm new to the forumsphere. But I've been to a church with at least a thousand families only about

20% help support the church much less give for the needy. Even the Body of Christ is having

trouble thinking, I shouldn't expect more from the worldly.

Sorry

Edited by mfj

Sorry I can not find how to delete reply

But as far as backwards thinking goes. I have seen posts blasting the health care bill

by Christians not because of abortion or killing grammy but because we will have to pay for it.

Like your friend getting the thumbs up, this was a moment that surprised me.

you have totally misunderstood the objections to the healthcare bill. but that's for another thread.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

One has to be homeless to know what it is.There are professional homeless as well.We usually give money as this is an item readily available at almost any given time as opposed to blankets or shoes.We must allways say something good no matter what and when we do the atmosphere becomes positive.God and Jesus positive.

Blessings